The Cheery Waffle Thread is Giving Away FREE Angryolized TNT and Molten Faces!

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

The brood is real communicative today. Has a new round of crackdom started or are you maggots just awestruck watching a dog lick himself. :mad:

Actually, I spent the day admiring my last post. I mean, it was so perfect! Short and simple yet said with a conviction and an air of authority that only the truth can provide. Brilliant!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

The brood is real communicative today. Has a new round of crackdom started or are you maggots just awestruck watching a dog lick himself. :mad:

Actually, I spent the day admiring my last post. I mean, it was so perfect! Short and simple yet said with a conviction and an air of authority that only the truth can provide. Brilliant!

:mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Oh, and this from that joker Sergay in our latest turn.

"Did the Chinese People's Liberation Army give you a discount when they sold you their obsolete tactics?"

Funny guy, that silly Finn.

Real funny. :mad:

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by _Axe_:

I boycotted posting today because the latent stupidity in this thread is too much to bear. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Is that why you did not send a turn? Too much latent stupidity? :mad: </font>

"We got a great big convoy, ain't it a beautiful sight."

GAG!!! Hope the book is better than that!

Turns out, except for the MAGGOTS what owe me turns.

MTW, Thermy, Mike from Nzed.

Any others are welcome to send a setup, unless they like crappy convoy songs and books about Flemish cultural dances.

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

Since I can't get Hiram to stop playing LotR: BFME...

Well, it's been 5 days since I e-mailed my setup turn and I haven't heard a peep from the Lady. Hiram must really be a Lord of the Rings diehard, like Pseudo! :eek: :eek: :D

Speaking of our student Waffle, I've clearly lured him into feelings of overconfidence. My tactic of scouting his defense by running a few panzers around aimlessly in full view of his Canadians is already paying big dividends. So I have a few broken and dismounted crews now; who cares about minor details like that? redface.gifredface.gifredface.gif

Recon by death. You're a real hit with your troops, Dave. ;) What next? A troop inspection by your artillery? tongue.gif

I did get a little overconfident with my taunting of W&C in our bout. I wiped the floor with just about every unit of his that I could see for the first 15 or 20 turns. Now his endless flow of *bleep*ing reinforcements is returning the favour. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Turn out to mike_the_whiner. More of his tanks turned into scrap.

I am fairly sure Axel owes me a setup. He can have his pick of the Gerries so long as I get my Soviets.

In other news, been reading more of Rokossovky's memoirs. The censors had a heavy hand with the book (it was published in 1970), which is too bad. A startling comment is Rokossovsky's assertion that von Paullus was captured and did not surrender...a very bizarre statement to be sure. Has anyone else ever heard anything like that? I assume it's just KGB editing or a lack of information (the latter would, however, be very odd). What was that Glantz line that Keke quoted? "the public face of Soviet historiography was at best a half truth" or something like that?

rleete's nipples make for bad cheese. It's sour and smells bad. :mad: Maybe we should try milking someone less hateful. *pulls at Mace's nipples.*

Anyway, I found a large |--- ----| (actual size) black widow outside my house last night. I'm trying to catch some crickets to feed it but they're too elusive. Need ideas. Please help. :mad:

Originally posted by Becket:

A startling comment is Rokossovsky's assertion that von Paullus was captured and did not surrender...

Now that we know you can't spell (von Paullus?), why should we trust anything you tell us? :mad:

Eat puss. ;)

To begin with, Paulus wasn't a nobleman, so no 'von' for him. Just Paulus.

And yes, if Soviet history-writing is suspect, the memoirs can be ridiculous in their inaccuracy. Even so much that they contradict the official Soviet history. But maybe that is intentional... in the end, only the Party can distinguish between truth and the half-truths.

Now if only _Axe_ could distinguish between tactics and half-tactics... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Kitty:

Anyway, I found a large |--- ----| (actual size) black widow outside my house last night. I'm trying to catch some crickets to feed it but they're too elusive. Need ideas. Please help. :mad:

How about feeding the homeless to it? That way you solve two problems. :mad:

Mace