Survivor: CMMOS - Now you get to vote!

Gordon

Ok folks, here's your chance to determine whether or not CMMOS for CMAK survives or not. :D I've modified the CMMOS executable to accept CMAK along with CMBB and CMBO. However, CMMOS can't do it's magic without the necessary BMP and WAV file lists. Unfortunately, compiling these lists is one of the most mind-numbing aspects of putting out CMMOS. Our sap, I mean volunteer ;) MikeT has been suffering a bout of computer problems and may have been captured by terrorists.

So, this is your chance to vote with your hearts and time. If you'd like to see CMMOS for CMAK, I need volunteers to compile the file list files (e.g., the summer trees consist of BMPs X, Y, Z, the US M10 consists of BMPs A, B, C,). Of course this needs to be done for all the vehicles, terrain, skies, interface components, sounds, etc., in short for anything and everything that folks want to be supported by CMMOS. If you're interested in helping out, please e-mail me at "gordonemolek@poboxes.com" and we'll see about divvying up the work.

If not, well then I guess CMMOS will have been voted off the island. :rolleyes:

Gordon

Personally, I have used all of the three major MOD managers available for the CM game system. When CMMOS first was available most of the mods didn't work with the system but the potential was great. Through the work of many dedicated CMers a large number of mods became available; but not all. The rule sets became a problem, some of the best mod were unavailable; and it was alot of work to convert them. The best right now is the (IMHO) McMMM system; with very little work all mods can be adapted to work with it.

CMMOS worked well but McMMM is a much easier system.

I would rather see Modders make McMMM mods than CMMOS ones.

[ February 20, 2004, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: depawel ]

Well I did have computer problems and had to buy a brand new one. I am still working out the kinks. I also am suffering from gaming burnout, not just CM but all kinds of gaming.

I would like to know the results of the community on CMMOS. I prefer it, but I do get the feeling that most have switched over to MCMMM.

Let me know before I take the time to work up hundreds of filelists.

MikeT

Guys, if anyone can give me an assist on what set of bmps is for what vehicle, terrain, interface, etc. Then CMMOS/CMAK is a go. I have no idea how Gordon did it himself, I got started and suddenly felt swamped by the size of the project. Then the PC went south with a vengence.

Just contact me at miket6065@sbcglobal.net and we can work out any details such as who takes on what portion of the games bmps/wavs.

MikeT