*!!TWO Total From-Scratch camou Hetzer Mods!!*

I went back to my roots for this one:

Two totally from-scratch jpz Hetzer mods in two VERY different factory camou schemes!

As always, it's at our favorite site:

www.cmmods.com

The very first mod I ever did years ago was a camou Hetzer for CMBO. Now the Hetzer's back and ready to kick butt in an all new CMAK-only Hetzer mod! You get to choose between two very different vehicles: A mid-summer BMM factory vehicle with ambush camou scheme and early 'heavy' cast gun mantlet, and a late-war Skoda factory vehicle with late gun mantlet and a striking green/red primer paint scheme with cream color highlight stripes.

The funny thing is, I can't recall using a Hetzer in a CMAK battle yet! With this mod installed it's finally time for me to do some intense late-war Italian theater war fighting.

Okay, I finally played my first modded Hetzer battle against the AI and it was 'way cool'. A realistic mod goes a looong way to help imagining the game's world is the real deal.

A bit of advice for those no longer challanged by battles against the AI. DON'T review the terrain before-hand, STAY on level 1 (or level 2 in a pinch), and NEVER move farther forward than your own front line! More realistic, more challenging, and MUCH more fun that way. :D;)

[ March 09, 2004, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

hey mikey, i think they like it! anyway, i wish you wouldn't do 2 mods of the same tank like that. makes it impossible to choose. ok, not impossible, but damn hard! anyway, thanks much!

by the way, does anyone know what happened to flesh? he and mikey are my favorite modders...

AndrewTF writes:

"it's pretty inconsiderate of you to release *two* different Hetzer mods. Now I can't decide which one I want to use!"

I made two in order to get revenge on YOU for forcing me to choose between THREE panzer uniform colors!! :mad: ;)

---

"Anyone have any idea how many of these were produced during the war?"

D'oh! I had that info at my fingertips last night but forgot to write it down. Let's say more than 2,000 and less (I believe) than 4,000. Not a bad total considering the relatively small numbers of some other type of German anti-tank vehicles. I believe (I may be wrong) the Hetzer reached peak production after Stug production was interrupted by Allied bombing... i think.

[ March 10, 2004, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Jack Carr:

These are great! Thanks!

Anyone have any idea how many of these were produced during the war? Were they widely used by the Wermacht? Probably not as many Hetzer's as Stug's.

hi 2584 were produced from april 1944 to may 1945 by bmm and skoda. 106 more were produced as armoured recovery vehicles. It was used on both fronts by army and ss units. Almost 20000 stug's were produced. hope that helps