Oh The Challenge, My Heart Goes Peng for Thee

MrSpkr

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have returned.

The sailing cruise was fantastic. Beautiful ship, the Mandalay. I just can't speak highly enough of it. Beat expectations in all regards and how often do you get to say that? Every one of you sods should be so lucky as to go on a trip like that. Even the night we had 40 knot winds, 12 ft seas, and blew out a headsail was a good time. Captain cleared the top deck and made us all go below. The womenfolk didn't seem to care, they just hung on to the overhead lines strung for handholds around the bar on the quarterdeck and kept on dancing. Rocking and rolling all night.

And now it's back to you lot.

Reality sucks...

Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by v42below:

If it's any consolation, I understand you. Also, there is no need to yell, you should really do something about the spit spray.

*kicks back... feet up... beer in hand...*

Let the show begin </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Why not?

It's not like I was ever sober enough to tell where the heck I was anyway.

And this is different from your non-vacation experiences how?

Papa </font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Now if he were coming to Florida, the red carpet would be rolled out, the limo would be waiting at the airport entrance with a fully stocked bar and other necessities ready to drive him to whatever palatial estate that he had chosen as worthy of his presence.

We did that for his first visit. He walked into my kitchen and dumped my silverware drawer all over the floor. We managed to wrestle him back into the living room before he got to the drawer with the sharp knives in it...

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... I'll be in around noon and will be getting a taxi/shuttle to my hotel which is the Crowne Plaza Northstar at 618 2nd Ave. South.

My God, he's staying downtown, I tell you, DOWNTOWN!

So feck the Mall. We're going downtown, I tell you, DOWNTOWN!

Papa </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... I'll be in around noon and will be getting a taxi/shuttle to my hotel which is the Crowne Plaza Northstar at 618 2nd Ave. South.

My God, he's staying downtown, I tell you, DOWNTOWN!

So feck the Mall. We're going downtown, I tell you, DOWNTOWN!

Papa </font>

...Ah haid just finished playin' "Dark Isle" on mae pipes at tha Tai Happy Dairy Fencin' an' Scone Bake-off Festival open mike whain thas bastarrrd comes oop tae mae an' saez, " 'Scuse me, can you play 'Blowing in the Wind' by Mr Robert Dylan?" Tae which Ah rapleed," Yoo humm at mon, an' Ah'll smash ye face ain."...

An' tha' piece o' dribble constitutes mah thoosandth post!!!

Thangyouvurrymush!

Originally posted by OGSF:

...Ah haid just finished playin' "Dark Isle" on mae pipes at tha Tai Happy Dairy Fencin' an' Scone Bake-off Festival open mike whain thas bastarrrd comes oop tae mae an' saez, " 'Scuse me, can you play 'Blowing in the Wind' by Mr Robert Dylan?" Tae which Ah rapleed," Yoo humm at mon, an' Ah'll smash ye face ain."...

An' tha' piece o' dribble constitutes mah thoosandth post!!!

Thangyouvurrymush!

People generally ask me if I can play "Far, Far, Away" when I have the pipes out. Can you send me the sheet music to that one? :confused:

Originally posted by dalem:

Look Seanachai. I will pick you up then we can go get Joe at 3pm, then you can tell us where to go to "prep".

It'll be fun to have you squinched up in the back and Tall Joe Shaw scrunched up in the front of my car.

That sounds like fun, eh?

Indeed it does. Can I bring some of the better behaved rats? They don't get out much...