Combat Mission: Afrika Korps licensed by the Australian Department of Defence!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by jrcar:

Ozi_digger did you like the multimedia front end?

[snip]

Cheers

Rob

Yeah, the multimedia presento was alright. Informative and did not treat you like a moron like a lot of other multimedia presentations do.

Especially liked the situation maps for Crete that highlighted troop dispositions etc.

I'll try and dig up a screenie of the Bren AAMG.

Originally posted by jrcar:

Yes on a Tripod, but not a Bren as a sustained fire machinegun on a tripod, different tripod.

This AAMG Bren can shot at aircraft.

Cheers

Rob

It's the same tripod - you can configure them differently

EDIT - although what is picture here is a twin mount; not familiar with that one. The ground mount sustained fire kit - which I presume was more common - could be changed from a ground mount to an AA mount within a minute or so.

I wonder if we'll see Greece and the AA Bren as part of the patch for us paying customers not in the Australian Army? That would be a nice surprise for us.

[ September 17, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by junk2drive:

Do the mates get to mod their copies? Do you have any of Tom's greece mod?

Yes you can mod the AAV version, it has all the same folders. Don't know if it is CMOS (or whatever) compatible but you could certainly do a 'cold' mod i.e. replace .bmps in folders with new ones.

Tom's Greece Mod? First I've heard of it (which isn't surprising). Personally, I'm not going to start playing around with the AAV version with mods. It is just like CMAK but only up to 1943. Terrain is the same. No yanks. The 'highlight' map in the game bar shows Greece. No HUGE changes (not worth a patch in my book, I'd rather see CMX2 first).

No neither did I, although the ORBAT indicated twin Brens. Maybe they were lost in Greece/Crete (all those photos are post Crete I think). Those pictures mainly talk about Light AA units, rather than the AA Pl in the Bn.

I see what you mean by the ground mount.

It appears most of the light AA units changed to captured Italian 20mm guns as soon as they could.

Cheers

Rob