It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Peng -- Challenge, that is . . .

MrSpkr

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Seanachai spotting...

yesterday, my children were play testing a game called World of Warcraft, and low and behold, there were gnomes. The Gnomes made the dwarf look like a giant! I imagine Seanachai posed as a model for the game.

Also, today is the B_Day of the US Marine Corp, which also happens to be the birthday of Sesame Street. Co-incidence? I think not...

Rune

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

The Crazy Frenchman wants to do brunch on Sunday. As an alternative possibility, he also suggested getting together Sunday afternoon.

Brunch. Sunday. Check.

Santorini's has a great brunch and bottomless drinks.

They also carry the football game.

Or dalem could get us all tickets, of course.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Everyone post something significant by tomorrow night, or I shall indulge in another bout of free verse.

OK, but you asked for it:

"Ever since songwriters started writing songs,

They have written songs about the rose.

Red roses, blue roses, old roses, new roses,

Roses from the north and south and west,

But here is the rose song that I love the best.

Show me a rose,

And I'll show you a girl who cares.

Show me a rose,

Or leave me alone.

Show me a rose,

And I'll show you a storm at sea.

Show me a rose,

Or leave me alone.

She taught me how to do the tango,

Down where the palm trees sway.

I called her Rose-a-mir,

And she called a spade a spade.

Show me a rose,

And I'll show you a stag at bay.

Show me a rose,

Or leave me alone.

One night in Bixby, Mississippi,

We watched the clouds roll by.

I said "My dear, how are you?"

And she whispered "So am I"

Show me a rose,

And I'll show you a girl named Sam.

Show me a rose,

Or leave me alone.

Show me a rose,

A fragrant rose.

Make believe that you don't know me,

Until you show me

A rose."

In yet another example of the continuing happiness & ‘substance’ that I bring to the Peng challenge I announce I’ve created a scenario for you all to enjoy*…

http://the-proving-grounds.com/scenario_details.html?command=search&db=scenarios.db&eqskudatarq=595

It’s totally unrealistic, it’s ridiculous, it’s probably insulting, it’s kind of like Nidan1 but as a scenario…

*And if you don't enjoy it, I kind of win anyway.

*beats 37mm with her stiletto*

How DARE you attempt to model yourself after my liege, Rune!

There is only one Rune (thank the Heavens) and it shall ever be that way!

Away with you vile creature!

Take your sad attempts at scenario design and get thee hence! Hang your head in shame!

And other stuff like that there.

Originally posted by rune:

Lady Moraine ,

You have earned my gratitude and the right to slap Hiram around a bit. Make the slacker take you out to dinner and a movie, followed by drinks. Heck, I'll even buyt he first round.

Rune

Thank you, my dear.

So it is written, so shall it be done.

Or something like that.

Something substantial, by me. Cheery, ain't it?

How does my death come creeping?

Screaming fear?

Or slowly weeping?

In a crash of glass?

Or quiet sleeping?

To lose life for evermore.

How does my death come crawling?

Lying still?

Or spastic sprawling?

In a bitter rage?

Or random lolling?

To pass ever through that door.

How does my death come swooping?

Raising hell?

Or gently stooping?

In a silent hiss?

Or gleeful whooping?

To take on that final chore.

How does my death come knocking?

As a friend?

Or darkly mocking?

In a fright?

Or snuggled rocking?

To find out the truth of lore.

How does my death come poking?

Freezing cold?

Or hotly smoking?

In a fit?

Or softly joking?

To reveal an unknown shore.

How does my death come blasting?

Muddled mush?

Or stark contrasting?

Just a pause?

Or everlasting?

To a realm un-dreamt before.

How does my death come groping?

With a sigh?

Or heart fast loping?

In vast growing dread?

Or fervent hoping?

To descry what’s at the core.

How does my death come screeching?

In a flash?

Or sluggish leeching?

With a heart held back?

Or thoughtful reaching?

To a new sky sure to soar.

How does my death come hissing?

With surprise?

Or reminiscing?

In a frantic pain?

Or softly kissing?

To slip from those I adore.

How does my death come slashing?

With a calm?

Or wild thrashing?

In a fog?

Or brightly flashing?

To bring truths back to the fore.

How does my death come slipping?

Giving up?

Or grimly gripping?

In great gulps?

Or gentle ripping?

To a new vessel to pour.

How does my death come gnashing?

Slow remorse?

Or brightly flashing?

With release?

Or wild thrashing?

To merge with the cosmic roar.

Computer problems, so turns out when I club my computer to death like the harp seal it is and purchase a new, virus free piece of silicon crap. Or, until my random monkeying with programs, settings, and properties actually happen upon a solution.

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

I looked it up on the internet.

Well, then there's clearly no use discussing the matter any further. If you looked it up on the internet, then whatever else it may be, clearly it's true, correct, and without a doubt comprehensive. Clearly.

Papa

PS

Not that I'd ever doubt our Lady Moraine anyway.

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

The Crazy Frenchman wants to do brunch on Sunday. As an alternative possibility, he also suggested getting together Sunday afternoon.

Brunch. Sunday. Check.

Santorini's has a great brunch and bottomless drinks.

They also carry the football game.

Or dalem could get us all tickets, of course. </font>

Everyone post something significant by tomorrow night, or I shall indulge in another bout of free verse.

And who will decide what qualifies as significant?

Certainly not you , someone who opens a bag of M&Ms and agonizes for hours on whether to eat the red ones or the yellow ones first.

A man who stares daily into the mirror trying to decide if the three hair comb-over looks best going from left to right, or right to left, then says to hell with it, and puts on the tyrolean mountain cap complete with the bluejay feather and olympic collectible pins.

Someone who thinks that rune scenarios are more exciting, intense, balanced and visually pleasing than anything else to hit the Combat Mission scene.

Go ahead, I await your retchings, or as you call them "free verse"

Certainly not you , someone who opens a bag of M&Ms and agonizes for hours on whether to eat the red ones or the yellow ones first.
Actually he's solved that little dilemma. He carrys a red permanent marker and a yellow permanent marker, the kinds that smell really bad, and colors the red ones with the yellow marker and the yellow ones with the red marker and thus ends up with orange M&Ms ... and fingers that are red and yellow of course ... also his mouth ... not to mention a nasty taste in his mouth and assorted symptoms that may or may not be related.

But he has CONSISTENT M&Ms which, he assures me, is worth the bother. I tried to convince him to just close his eyes but he maintained that would be cheating and that "HE" would know. I don't know for sure but I don't think the HE he was referring to was HIM ... if you get my drift.

Remind me to tell you about dalem and onions sometime.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Certainly not you , someone who opens a bag of M&Ms and agonizes for hours on whether to eat the red ones or the yellow ones first.

Actually he's solved that little dilemma. He carrys a red permanent marker and a yellow permanent marker, the kinds that smell really bad, and colors the red ones with the yellow marker and the yellow ones with the red marker and thus ends up with orange M&Ms ... and fingers that are red and yellow of course ... also his mouth ... not to mention a nasty taste in his mouth and assorted symptoms that may or may not be related.

But he has CONSISTENT M&Ms which, he assures me, is worth the bother. I tried to convince him to just close his eyes but he maintained that would be cheating and that "HE" would know. I don't know for sure but I don't think the HE he was referring to was HIM ... if you get my drift.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Certainly not you , someone who opens a bag of M&Ms and agonizes for hours on whether to eat the red ones or the yellow ones first.

Joe </font>

With the singular difference that Hitler was actually able to gain and keep power, and you're lucky to manage to urinate without help.

Ah, but I do have power. The power to bring you back in here to verbally castigate me.

(No, Boo, castigate. It means reprimand. Admonish. Uh, smaller words? Okay, it means to tell me I've been a bad boy. Like you, yes. No, Rose isn't going to spank me. (Usually have to pay extra for that!) No, no one is cutting off anything. Here's a piece of broken glass, go amuse yourself.)

dalem may have to promise you alcoholic beverages and "let you play with the big boys", but all I do is scatter a few words, and you come running. So, at least you make a fairly passible dog.

Originally posted by Leeo:

Computer problems, so turns out when I club my computer to death like the harp seal it is and purchase a new, virus free piece of silicon crap. Or, until my random monkeying with programs, settings, and properties actually happen upon a solution.

You, too? So far the "random monkeying" solution hasn't yielded a lot of positive results for me. I did manage to screw up the AutoCAD, which can be considered a step in the right direction.