Speed of PBEM

Guest BigAlMoho

Guest BigAlMoho

Hello,

As one who likes to play fast (6+ emails per day), I am wondering how fast most of you play? It seems that most players struggle to do 1-2 emails per day... What is your normal return rate?

Thanks,

Al

1-2 per day. But I wouldn't characterize it as a struggle. Struggle sort of says "I could turn out 20 turns a day, if it wasn't for this dang wife and child and job and eating and sleeping and all..." I think of it more as a voluntary limit in the interests of greater priorities in real life. I just play for fun. Really. I could quit today if I wanted to. I just don't want to...

It really depends on the day. During the week, school work and a job severely bite into CMAK time, so I'm lucky to get two turns off per day, though I try to always get at least one sent per day. However, on the weekends the turn rate can be up well over 10, depending on the time difference with an opponent.

Guest BigAlMoho

I get up 15 minutes early and crank out turns... I can usually do a few at work... Soon as I get home I check the email and then my email program checks mail by the minute and I do turns as I am passing by the computer... I guess if you really want, you can make time to play...

John:

Supposedly, after the crash, surviving members got reassigned numbers alphabeticly... but, "Battlefront.com" should be lower than "BigAlMoho"... Go figure! Although, I believe I have been around since before Steve hooked up with Charles... I remember the announcement at the Avalon Hill BB about Big Time Software computerizing ASL... It seems like Emrys and I were two of the first posters...

What a long strange trip it's been!

Al

Between Mon-Thursday I can get in two or three turns between 10am - 1pm in the morning and as many turns as can be cranked out between 10pm-2am. Unfortunatley, most people (with normal jobs) are fast asleep or working hard during those hours.

I work out of town between Fri-Sun, so I can't do any turns then.

I wish I could find someone with a similar schedule.

Also, size of the battle does make a difference. If it's a big one with dozens of units to micro-manage, well, that could be a two turn a day deal.

Lately, I prefer smaller 1000pt/30 turn battles.

I usually have 4-6 opponents on the go and easily manage to play each of them 2-3 turns per day.

7am - 7:15am return about 3 turns.

12noon - 12:30 I return another 2-3 turns.

7pm - 11pm return earlier turns + play a couple of PBEM cycles if opponents are up and running + play AI.

See, it's easy if you hate TV and don't have a life . Ha Ha !!

Guest BigAlMoho

TWIMC,

Quite often, I tell opponents to "take as long as you need on the setup" as an unthought out setup is a waste of both players time, but if they took a week or more I would tend to see it as rude or worse...

Al