The Absolute Final Post For All Time On the Battlefront Forum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is OK for newbies to ask questions. I'm sure, like all of us, Michael had his fair share of oft asked questions. When I first found CM I thought all the old-timers (those guys in the Spring of '99) would get sick of my "nagging why's" really fast. Actually some did. But for the most part I was readily accepted, tolerated, and appreciated by my fellow forum members. After CMBO had been out for a while and CMBB was but a twinkle in Steve's eye, a number of prolific posters decided they could no longer "take it!" Just too many newbies with too many Why's, what's, and "Bug Found!" They wrote their swan songs and left. I felt that way once in a while, too. But I'm glad I stayed. The games got better. New ideas filtered in amongst the old and funny, rational, new comers, like Michael, entered the CM stage...err forum. So good by old comrade and welcome Newbie...ask away

Umm, where does it say I'm going anywhere, gits?

That was intended to be the last post ever made on this forum - for all time.

<font size=33>Duh.</font>

The rest of you idiots dropped the ball, not me. Egomaniacs. Wanted to be the one to turn out the lights. You should all be ashamed for yourself.

Ah well, since the Pengers have the pathological need to have the last word (70,000 posts in their thread and still counting), we'll leave it to them....2,537 seperate "Peng, I take your challenge public" threads, and they still haven't figured out how to just say "I accept, send me a setup"???

[ January 07, 2004, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

This reminds me of the scene in 'I Claudius' where Caligula announces the death of Tiberius to the Senators - only to have to go back to Tiberius' room to finish the business and then announce 'The emperor is definitely dead'.

I believe Tiberius had a faible for blow-up legionnaires too. :D

Originally posted by Andreas:

Is there a list somewhere? Are there points for posts? Because if we get points, and we all know what points mean, there will be prizes.

Oi likes prizes.

The prize will go to he whose number of posts divided by their member number yields the highest result. I think BFC currently hold the lead, followed by Emrys and yourself.

You may discuss the prizes amongst yourselves.

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> We do like to make be exits don't we.

That's even more incoherent than the original post. For crying out loud my english is better than that AND I'M NOT EVEN A NATIVE SPEAKER!!!! </font>

Dorosh, you almost had me there...

I was just about to apologise for all the bad things I said about you in the Seanachai thread when I realised that it wasn't your last post ...hehehe...

Your still a friggin grog who posts too much !

//Salkin

swedish chef

ps I loved your starting post though , it brought a tear to my eye. But you didn't give us scandinavians any cred. (not even the uberfinns) ;)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh

Umm, where does it say I'm going anywhere, gits?

That was intended to be the last post ever made on this forum - for all time.

Duh.

The rest of you idiots dropped the ball, not me. Egomaniacs. Wanted to be the one to turn out the lights. You should all be ashamed for yourself.

Such eloquence in so many, many posts!

But of course in the world of anagrams

Michael Dorosh = O! hear him scold

Thanks anyway smile.gif from a watcher and very infrequent poster.

Originally posted by Breakthrough:

This calls for yet another lost Hiroo Hinoda haiku. Here goes...Great huh? :eek:

In the first place, as was already pointed out to you, that is not, repeat not, a haiku. It was almost a limerick. An extremely bad, meager limerick. Speaking as a poet, I feel duty bound to say that your composition sucks so bad, you should be buried alive at the bottom of a privy. Then the entire English-speaking world should be invited in to put it to its intended use.

I hope you die a slow, agonizing, humiliating death. The sooner the better.

Have a nice day. smile.gif

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Breakthrough:

This calls for yet another lost Hiroo Hinoda haiku. Here goes...Great huh? :eek:

In the first place, as was already pointed out to you, that is not, repeat not, a haiku. It was almost a limerick. An extremely bad, meager limerick. Speaking as a poet, I feel duty bound to say that your composition sucks so bad, you should be buried alive at the bottom of a privy. Then the entire English-speaking world should be invited in to put it to its intended use.

I hope you die a slow, agonizing, humiliating death. The sooner the better.

Have a nice day. smile.gif

Michael </font>

Posts like this make me feel like I've come to a really good party, yet everyone is talking about things that happoened just before I came into the room, left for 5 minuted for the loo, was lost in a daydream looking at the blond, etc.

I feel all alone now.. er

I've been trying to figure this stuff out for a year. Your analogy holds water. Its not worth the effort.