Oh My Gawd - They're releasing Space Lobsters!!!!

Too bad it's sci-fi bull.

I thought battlefront focussed on real life conflict sims and complementary products.

I hope the sci-fi scene will attract people also.

Would be cool if it's a sort of show-case for the new CM engine.

:D I think a new story has been born!

BFC said they were going to wander outside of the historical wargame subgenre. Hit a wider retail base.

Its good to see the game might still be a tactical combat sim. If they can get 14 year-olds interested in Drop Zone maybe they'll be ready for CM by the time they hit 17. It does look like something I'd happily sneak onto my mac at work for fun (I still need to upgrade my home system).

Where's the lobsters? You mean like they're small space lobsters manning futuristic armored fighting vehicles? How bogus! Everybody knows that Space Lobsters are huge and don't need technology (can't use it anyway, what with their claws and all). They glide the astro planes to their planetary destination and then gobble up the inhabitants. Geez! BFC really needs to fix this!

DavidI

Originally posted by Yskonyn:

Too bad it's sci-fi bull.

I thought battlefront focussed on real life conflict sims and complementary products.

It is a real life conflict sim.

It's ...uh...just not exactly set in history or presence.

It is the reality of the future.

Or sumfink.

...stop whining...just wait a couple hundred years and see fer yerself.

;)

Originally posted by Dschugaschwili:

The forum grogs can't complain about over-modeled StuG front plates and the like.

Dschugaschwili

Good point, but then us sci-fi nuts can go groggy about the proper colour of coherent light in a million watt ruby laser weapon.... tongue.gif

It is a real life conflict sim.

It's ...uh...just not exactly set in history or presence.

It is the reality of the future.

Or sumfink.

...stop whining...just wait a couple hundred years and see fer yerself.

Man oh man, do you really think Space Lobsters are the future of warfare?

Idiot! Every sensible human being -or martian for that matter- knows that the pink-7-legged-giant-schwubaschil is going to roam the battlefields of the future. *shakes his head in disbelief*

Just where do you get the nerves to claim DropTeam will be a real-life conflict sim. It's a plain lack of respect to the schwubaschil - ruler of the universe!

P.S. Now that I think of it... it might even be related to Dschugaschwili. We should keep a close eye on him, my friends! :D

Originally posted by Dschugaschwili:

The forum grogs can't complain about over-modeled StuG front plates and the like.

Dschugaschwili

Well thats a good thing, now the si-fi people will just fight over how much its like Star Wars, vs. Star Trek. tongue.gif

Guest ExplodingMonkey
Originally posted by simovitch:

Reminds me of Halo2. I can only hope that CMX2 looks alot better than this :rolleyes:

TRUE DAT!