Any Plans For a PATCH?

I rather suspect BFC will sit on the patch idea for awhile in order to see what gets discovered by the board members. I doubt there's going to be any catastrophic problems, but if the list of "things-it-would-be-nice-to-fix" gets too long they'll probably eventually bundle 'em up into one single patch.

It sounds like they're having too much fun working on the new game engine to be distracted by more than one (or two, if something goes really wrong) patches to this game engine.

All those CMBO patches were due to the totally novel game engine. Now the game engine's mature, plus they're teamed-up with CDV. I can't imagine CDV's reaction to multiple patches to CM games.

[ November 25, 2003, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Soddball:

There were three patches for CM:BO and I think the same number for CM:BB - the first one materialised within a few weeks of the game's release - so I'm sure patches will be coming out. Let's wait until we've got the game though, eh? smile.gif

Actually, from memory there were 12 patches in all for CMBO but only the 3 for CMBB (so far...fingers crossed there'll be at least one more). Obviously the BFC guys are getting better at putting out an almost bug free game with each incarnation.

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by TankerJack36:

I must say that so far I absolutely love CMAK, and the Desert War is a refereshing change from the other theatres. But from reading the other posts there seem to be some minor flaws, such as with multi-turreted tanks.

Is there a PATCH in the works???

On multi-turrets, though, I haven't seen or heard anything that will cause a patch to happen.

They have implemented multi-turret in a particular way... we have to come to grips with what that is and get used to it: it hardly seems likely it will change...

GaJ.

I am pretty sure that I set the grants an armour covered arc, and that the secondary 75mm promptly opened up on some inf miles away whilst keeping the vehicle CA.

Also, the 75 did not fire when I area targeted an object,and chose main gun, only the 37 fired.

When I changed to no use main gun, it only fired mgs.

I have a feeling there is a patch coming for CMAK very soon. From what I've heard it adds more theatres, equipment and nationalities. It also expands the timeframe that the game covers.

They ship December 5th.

I'd say lets wait until the full version arrives before we pass judgement on the Demo and demand it to be patched. They may have fixed some of the issues by then, and we might find even worse stuff in there. Too soon to tell.

-Hans

Originally posted by MikeyD:

All those CMBO patches were due to the totally novel game engine. Now the game engine's mature, plus they're teamed-up with CDV. I can't imagine CDV's reaction to multiple patches to CM games.

Probably the same reaction they had to the mutliple patches for CMBB I suppose.

As CMBB-CMAK is a smaller jump than CMBO-CMBB, I'd expect less patches though, probably just one to fix stuff missed in beta testing.

[ November 26, 2003, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

Originally posted by Firefly:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

Probably the same reaction they had to the mutliple patches for CMBB I suppose.

As CMBB-CMAK is a smaller jump than CMBO-CMBB, I'd expect less patches though, probably just one to fix stuff missed in beta testing. </font>