A Prayer Need...

Tom Grace is known to the CM community as Warmonger. He has been active every since the CMBO days.

Right now his 14 year old son Matthew is fighting for his life. Matthew and the Grace family need our prayers.

This is the last email I got from Tom:

Hi

Some of you may have heard already but Matthew has spent the last three

weeks in the Calgary ICU. During this time he has weaken greatly. He

has had

two more surgerys. One to drain excess fluid from his brain which was

successful. He also had a operation to put in a trach and a feeding

tube as

he could no longer protect his air way. He lost his gag reflex and was

getting lung infections from breathing stuff into his lungs. We learned

that

the Doctors are extremely worried about his heart and lungs. They told

last

friday that he could have a heart attack. However they are continuing

with

his radiation treatment. He has currently had 10 of 31 treatments. We

have

no way of knowing if it will work but we are praying for success. They

have

noticed that over the weekend Matt improved a little. We hope this is a

indication of some kind of success. We are staying at the Calgary

Ronald

McDonald house. We have taken our other boys out of school and the

entire

family is here in Calgary until the new year.

Please continue to pray for Matthew. A Christmas miracle would be so

great.

Tom, Wendy, Micheal, Matthew and Nicholas

The Grace family email is,

twgrace101@hotmail.com

Please pray for Matthew and drop the Grace family a small email to show our support.

Thank you.

Steve Overton

Originally posted by Spookster:

Steve,

Just called the Ronald McDonald House. Left a $100 donation to the facility. (Apparently, Wayne Gretzky is a big Calgary Ronald McDonald fan. So I am in good company.)

Talked to a Ronald McDonald associate, who told me, "Matthew's doing pretty well."

Good news.

The associate offered to connect me to the room, but since I've never met the Grace family, I said it was enough to tell them that the "CM Community has them in their thoughts."

Somehow, I think "Warmonger" is the least fitting name for Tom..."Good Father" should be his moniker.

Peace,

Mike

DUH!!!! I never thought about calling Canada. It is treated the same as a call in the US on my cell phone. I have gotten the number for the Ronald McDonald House... 403-240-3000 and also left messages and donations.

They said that in the past week that there have been an influx of calls and donations.

THANK YOU!!!

All of you!!!

Keep the prayers coming. It can't hurt!!

I will update again this weekend.

Steve

Both of my grandparents from my fathers side were hospitilized today, pa having a stroke and ma not coping without him. I'm not trying to steal the show, I just want to say that I understand the worry for one's loved ones. I am not a praying man, I don't belong to any religion, but my thoughts are with you Tom and your son Matthew as much as they are with my grandparents. No need for extra suffering in this world of ours. Hoping all fares well,

Valtteri

Originally posted by SaTyR:

Both of my grandparents from my fathers side were hospitilized today, pa having a stroke and ma not coping without him. I'm not trying to steal the show, I just want to say that I understand the worry for one's loved ones. I am not a praying man, I don't belong to any religion, but my thoughts are with you Tom and your son Matthew as much as they are with my grandparents. No need for extra suffering in this world of ours. Hoping all fares well,

Valtteri

You aren't stealing anything. The thread is about people in need of prayer. I'll say a prayer for you and your Grandparents, as well as the Grace family.

Steve

Originally posted by SaTyR:

Valtteri

No shortage of pain in the world, my friend. Good thing there's no shortage of prayer and kind wishes to bring what comfort one can. Be assured that our thoughts are with you.

I have prayed for Matthew in Buddhists Temples, Catholic Churches and even a Chinese Mosque. I hope God, by whatever name he calls himself, can hear and answer our prayers.

Fourteen years old. Matthew is a hero. Fight the good fight, win the most important battle--the fight for life. Nothing is more precious or fleeting. God bless you, Matt.

I talked with Tom on the phone twice yesterday. The family has been amazed at the emails and calls to the Ronald McDonald House. The number is 403-240-3000 for the Calgary RMH. They told the Grace family that good wishes and donations are pouring in from the United States. Not sure what they consider pouring but it must be a lot more than they are used to seeing.

Matthew's condition has started to improve as well. Imagine that...

Last week they tried to sit him up in a wheel chair and his heart rate and pulse soared to the point that they were worried that he would have a heart attack. When the family met with doctors last week they were very concerned about Matthew's condition.

In the last part of this week his heart rate and pulse have stabilized, he has taken his chemo-therapy treatments without any problems, he has sit up in the wheelchair with no complications, he is a lot more active and his father said, "he looks better."

That says it all.

Keep the prayers coming. Also, the messages to the RMH in Calgary are a source of support to the family. The donations are nice and I'm sure they are more than appreciated but this isn't about money. We need to continue to pray for Matthew. His battle isn't over yet.

Thank you for your immediate and caring response. I know that it has meant a great deal to the Grace's. When I asked Tom if he had gotten any emails he replied more than he could answer.

Here is a letter that Tom's wife sent out. There is reference to a TV news cast but I have yet to make it work. Tom couldn't find it either. Both of us use the computer for hours a day. His wife, who is rarely on the computer, went straight to it. If someone can figure out where this is I would like to see it too.

Here is the letter that has the relevant Matthew Grace parts to it.

Subject: Link for Matthew's newscast on web

Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 07:40:53 -0700

I checked on the BC TV website and I see that the version of the news

I was able to tape was edited from the full one that showed at 7 p.m. (mine

was

taped at midnight).

However, on the internet there is the full version at this link:

http://www.bcctv.ca/streamnews.jsp?id=/news/streaming_news.htm

Click on the CTV News Button, then on THURSDAY. You can move the

slider to

20:25, which is when Matt's newscast comes on.

I tried using the search for news option but Matthew Grace didn't bring up anything.

Once again thanks for your support of the Grace family.

Steve

Not a big guy for prayer, actually. On the day when my sister died in September, I went out under a tree and talked to her, and wished her well.

I hope for and ask of the Goddess more for Matthew. I ask that he be restored to his life, and his family. I ask that his Spirit be kept in a gentle place until it can be restored to him, and he to those who love him. I humbly ask only good for him, and his. I wish for health to be his, that the pains of those who love him will be eased by his recovery, and that his life will be a light that shines back on this dark time, chasing away the shadows of fear and anxiousness. I tell my Goddess, that, though I do not know him, I care for him, and ask Her to care for him as well, Her child.

Whatever happens, I ask for peace on his family, and I ask that all these prayers be answered.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I forwarded it to my wife 3 meters away from me and she was able to watch it with me looking over her shoulder.

Could be the station removes older stories?

Or your firewall or some other security settings is preventing a connection.

I could probably watch it too if I could find it. I can't find the article on the website.

Steve

I just watched the story. Although the reason for it is not the best, it was nice to see the faces of those who we are all thinking about and praying for. There should be a big CTV picture on the screen below a note saying to click on it. Click on that image and let realplayer run through the 17 seconds then click on Thursday. Then move the bar till is shows 20 minutes or so. The video is from the CTV newcast on Thrusday night.

Originally posted by Pzman:

I just watched the story. Although the reason for it is not the best, it was nice to see the faces of those who we are all thinking about and praying for. There should be a big CTV picture on the screen below a note saying to click on it. Click on that image and let realplayer run through the 17 seconds then click on Thursday. Then move the bar till is shows 20 minutes or so. The video is from the CTV newcast on Thrusday night.

When I click on the CTV news button it asks me if I want to save the file. No list of anything comes up. Nothing runs.