Are towns going to get any better?

REVS

Having departed my usual beloved countryside games for a town game in CMBB, I had a go at town game recently, and what a disappointment that proved to be.

The only town I could see our CMBB towns looking like was Canberra, in Australia, with at least 50 metres between buildings! Perhaps Washington or Brasilia might compare!

Once you were locked into buildings A, B or C early in a game, it seemed like you had to sprint across three basketball courts, at a minimum, to cross your average Russian street.

Now, with Italy and Tunisia in our sights, are our town boards going to get slightly closer to the mark?

Or will we still be reduced to the CMBB standard of town games being comprised of very large buildings separated by wide avenues?

[ November 09, 2003, 05:58 AM: Message edited by: REVS ]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could, of course, get towns that dense in both CMBO and CMBB by using the scenario editor... I have a few CMBO maps and a scenario with that kind of density on The Scenario Depot (Scenario is Knifefight at Cannes, maps are SB_IlBagno and SB_tuscanhilltown)

I did a CMBB map with a reasonably dense city for a tournament I ran (which can be found on this page. File name is Boy Named Sue... it's tournament locked. I'll put an unlocked version up in a few days...)

Of course, random cities never had that kind of density. The picture with the pavement also looks like a new trick. Buildings on a pavement tile... Hmm...

What I wonder is are there going to be more building types? I was always struck by the disparity between CM's 100s of unit types, and its five building types. Seven in BB.

I know, I know, CM is about fighting, not designing cities, but still...

[ November 09, 2003, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: SurlyBen ]