Are towns going to get any better?

REVS

Surly Ben wrote;

"You could, of course, get towns that dense in both CMBO and CMBB by using the scenario editor... "

No you can't, especially not at those angles surrounded by city pavement like in the second picture. We've GOT to be looking at a different type of building placement in the map editor!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Open your mind and realize that there is no bad music!

Except of course for Rap, Hip-Hop, Country/Western and Polkas...and whatever that kind of Jazz that sounds like a brain damaged cat walking across the piano keyboard...and doesn't some brass ensembles just set your teeth on edge? And Lars Erik Larson used to piss me off quite a bit, too, now that I remember...and to this day, I'll swear that Bob Marley stole his "Buffalo Soldiers" chorus from "The Banana Splits Adventure Hour" theme...but other than that I mean...about music...not being bad...or sumfink.

You left out of your list opera and other forms of classical violence to the human voice.

Michael

Originally posted by MikeyD:

No you can't, especially not at those angles surrounded by city pavement like in the second picture. We've GOT to be looking at a different type of building placement in the map editor!

You can get the buildings that close together, but you are right that the pavement thing looks new. Or if it's possible now, I certainly don't know that trick. You can get the corners of large buildings to overlap a road tile, but those city pavement tiles stay building free.

If you can get the town buildings as close together in CMBB as in the nice piccies posted by Moon in CMAK then I haven't ever seen them generated randomly, in QBs or any other spot.

My point wot started this thread is the simple gripe that your average, default town is one of big buildings separated by wide boulevardes. It'd be nice to have narrow alleys and snug buildings as a much more common occurrence (hey, maybe even a default setting!) I'm not much of a map designer, but in the towns I've created in CMBB it's mostly wide boulevardes that suck pretty badly when it comes to house-to-house, street-to-street fighting.

Originally posted by SurlyBen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

You can get the buildings that close together, but you are right that the pavement thing looks new. Or if it's possible now, I certainly don't know that trick. You can get the corners of large buildings to overlap a road tile, but those city pavement tiles stay building free. </font>

Speaking of slums, I remember when lowlife such as Seanachai would have rolled on the ground slavering spittle for the two measly graphics displayed and publicly flagellate himself to get just one more. Such airs this guttersnipe has gathered about him, speaking of odors...

tongue.gif

Originally posted by kmead:

Speaking of slums, I remember when lowlife such as Seanachai would have rolled on the ground slavering spittle for the two measly graphics displayed and publicly flagellate himself to get just one more. Such airs this guttersnipe has gathered about him, speaking of odors...

tongue.gif

What makes you think I didn't roll and slaver to get these? I might have been working behind the scenes...

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Correct. The scroll of NDA will not allow anyone to state that there is a new terrain type of buildings, that allow for smaller streets. Nope, you won't find out about it at all.

Rune

Slums? Cool!!! </font>

Originally posted by rune:

Correct. The scroll of NDA will not allow anyone to state that there is a new terrain type of buildings, that allow for smaller streets. Nope, you won't find out about it at all.

What, is a a single tile with two or three small buildings on it? That would be great if the engine would allow it. There could be several, all diagonalized and jumbled in different directions. Build your own shantytown to blow up.