Berlin???

Originally posted by ScottyG13:

Does anybody know if there is a scenario out there depicting the battle of berlin??? OR much better yet something like a mini-campaign leading up to the battle of berlin???

Try "Seelow Heights", an operation by Warphead, depicting one of the many important battles near Berlin. You should get it t Boots&Tracks.

Scotty,

If you want to deal with fighting at Berlin or its suburbs, then I think my collegue, Andreas, from Der Kessel made a scenario within Berlin itself, and it should be on the game disk. If the "Zeelowe Heights" scenario is anything like it was historically, then you'll never get anywhere near Berlin. I'll check on the exact name of the Berlin scenario when I get home.

Originally posted by Hans:

There is one small scenario for a battle on the outskirts of Berlin, "A small day in Schwedt" it is at the scenario depot.

Err, not quite outskirts of Berlin, since Schwedt is on the Oder, about 70km+ from Berlin (well, maybe in the US it would be an outskirt :D ).

If it is the Schwedt I am thinking of.

Originally posted by Sgtgoody:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Err, not quite outskirts of Berlin, since Schwedt is on the Oder, about 70km+ from Berlin

Well I guess you could still count this. Officially the "Battle of Berlin" began when the Soviets crossed the Oder.</font>

Originally posted by Sgtgoody:

Granted, and the first official crossing of the Rhein was by the British. ;)

I will conceed the point, however, as I don't want to be a party to the hijacking of another thread. :D

Didn't both the US 1st Army (at Remagen--March 7) and 3rd Army (barely) get across the Rhine before the Brits--both in quick-moving, improvised operations as opposed to Monty's heavily orchestrated push (March 23)?

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sgtgoody:

Granted, and the first official crossing of the Rhein was by the British. ;)

I will conceed the point, however, as I don't want to be a party to the hijacking of another thread. :D

Didn't both the US 1st Army (at Remagen--March 7) and 3rd Army (barely) get across the Rhine before the Brits--both in quick-moving, improvised operations as opposed to Monty's heavily orchestrated push (March 23)?</font>

As posted in an earlier post, i checked "Scenario Depot" for Berlin-Reichstag & Berlin-Mitte and could not find them am i just missing them? I checked the section under Barbarossa to Berlin(Scenarios n Operations) and came up empty??? Does anybody i say again know of any true Berlin scenarios(I have Seelow Heights) i'm saying something directly in Berlin not on the outskirts or surroundings, any help would be appreciated!!!

Look in the CMBB maps section. There is a very large map by me (intended for use as a whole, or you can edit it into smaller parcels in the Scenario Editor). There is also a very good map by Vader's Jester of a smaller scale. They are both make your own battle (or QB) situations, though.

Now that you mention it, for a game called "Barbarossa to Berlin" we do see darned little of Berlin!

I figured as soon as the game came out someone would've pulled out his tourist street map and concocted some nice city tank fights (A Walk in Paris in CMBO comes to mind.)

CMBB's "problem" is the game's simply too vast! Do you spend your time modeling Berlin or Krakow, Budapest or Sebastopol?

Originally posted by benpark:

Look in the CMBB maps section. There is a very large map by me (intended for use as a whole, or you can edit it into smaller parcels in the Scenario Editor). There is also a very good map by Vader's Jester of a smaller scale. They are both make your own battle (or QB) situations, though.

Hey bro, I saw your reply to my review of you map yesterday. I didn't mean to ding it so hard, I was going off of what little I knew already of Berlin and european cities. But I did have FR problems running the map.

FYI though, in the future you may want to use the author responce option rather than give yourself a poor review to reply. Just register as an author and you can post replys to others' reviews of your scenarios/maps. ;)

Ben Park, i found them now question-these are just maps correct? 1st-Where exactly do i put the corresponding files in the Barbarossa to Berlin folder? 2nd-These are actually not ready to go scenarios or operations right? Are these just maps where you place your own troops n equipment thus using the map to create your own battle of berlin??? Please reply somewhat confused with placement of Reichstag & Mitte files and question of actual creation?