Berlin???

Ben Park, placed Reichstag correctly in BB folder but when i try to place units it only gives me so many to pick from as far as moneys to purchase do you know how i can actually place more on the map to make it feel more like the battle itself, so close yet still seemingly so far,arrrgh??????????

Scotty-did you put the maps in the CMBB/Quick Battles folder? I didn't do anything to limit the forces...try to edit the map-and set whatever parameters you need for what you are doing. Also, try rearanging the set up zones in the editor.

If that doesn't work, let me know-I'll look at the file again.

Ben Park yep it's placed correctly in the "Quick Battles Folder" i checked but still don't get it i try to pick forces and of course with it being Berlin-Reichstag i of course picked the Volkstorm troops because to my understanding thats what seemingly Hitler had more of defending the capitol and i all get is like about 20 some men with a cannon or 2 and i'm able to pick some barb-wire,anti-tank mines,a MG bunker, and to my recolection that's about it??? now u know as well as i know there was alot more forces than that would like to be able to place a heck of alot more for both sides can you help PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1st Army capture of the bridge at Remagen was the result of an advance in technology. The Tank/Infantry team that captured the bridge was equipped with M-26 Pershing Tanks. The far side of the bridge had a 88mm Flak unit on the ridge. Shermans would have retired in the face of such a foe, the Pershings did not, and rapidly dispatched the 88's with their own 90mm cannon. They then provided needed fire support for the infantry to capture the bridge. So, owing to the improved technology the infantry was able to sieze the bridge. The side note is that in March '45 there was less than 200 M-26's in the entire ETO. Talk about being at the right place at the right time!

The M-26 was the late war US Heavy tank that political wrangling and poor "offical" assessments of German Armor resulted in it not going into mass production until October '44.

The book "Pershing" gives a great account (Duh, the book is about the tank).

(Ya know, this comment did seem in sequence when I started writting it!)

[ January 16, 2003, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: CalifVol ]

Scotty, I just ran a test, and I was able to put 3 battalions on the map. The QB screen is where you allocate the force sizes-this has nothing to do with the map. You need to look at the QB setup you are using-how many points are you alloting? If you want a full out, massive battle, use 2000+ points, and allow youself to choose your forces.

Like I said, you should go into the map editor and place flags and setup zones to your liking.

[ January 16, 2003, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: benpark ]