Thinking of putting together a Meta-campaign - Any one interested?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by JasonC:

P.S. - I'd volunteer for Russian side operational command if I thought I would have the time to do it right. (I am a bit daunted by the proposed scale frankly, but wish the attempt all possible success).

I'm interested in consulting whoever does take that role, if they are willing, and I might be able to help out in battle set up from time to time.

I'd be interested in forming a Military Council to run the Soviet show. AIUI these consisted of the formation commander, the formation commissar (titled Member of the Military Council), and the formation chief of staff. Again AIUI they were nominally jointly responsible to the next higher level of command for the planning and conduct of formation operations.

Based on my CMMC1 and 2 experience, I think joint command is the only way to run such a show in a sustainable manner.

All the best

Andreas

You put together the military council, that suits me fine. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun arguing about where to send your independent SP regiments.

It would be even better if members of the council could fight the odd CM battle, although I can understand how some members of the Party don't like to get their hands dirty.

E-mail sent.

The following is uploaded and available for viewing on the web site:

Campaign map

Campaign rules

Campaign history

Status board

If every one that expressed interest here, signed up over there, we could just about start the campaign.

AdamL,

I am very interested in the operational aspects of the campaign, though I'm not sure if I will have the time to take on extra responsibilities. Could you perhaps indicate more specifically what the tasks would be for a German staff member? I would be very interested in being part of the staff; I just don't want to make any promises yet if I'm not sure I will be able to keep them.

Thanks for the offer. Hopefully I will be able to participate in some staff work.

Bigduke6,

Apparently my papers are not in order and the Gestapo will not allow me to complete the registration process at the campaign website. I will try again tonight. I am concerned though as they mumbled something about a terminal case of 9mm poison if I failed again!!!

Stndrtnfhr Out!

Bumpinsky, and some news.

The bad news first, the site was down for about six hours but then it got better.

Now the good news, the campaign itself is an official "go".

We have 14 German players, 12 Soviet players, and what I am most pleased with there are 5 count 'em FIVE GMs, including 3 whose primary job is to build battles fast.

Both sides have received their orders from higher command.

The opposing leaders Generaloberst von Adam and Generalpolkovnik Petrov , have completed their force OBs, and are breaking them down into units for players to command.

It appears each player will command 1-2 battalion equivalents.

If any one is interested there are still a few spots open, especially if as is likely some people drop out before we get going. Please drop me a line at stefankorshak@yahoo.com, or check out the site at:

http://the-battle-of-lauben-campaign.foren-city.de/

[ May 17, 2007, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Bigduke6 ]