Sniping at tank commanders...

I have two words for you... or is it just one?

headphones

;)

A non-sound indication for a hit TC is if the tank suddenly stops firing, sits still or retreats, and takes some moments to resume the fight. That means they've pulled the body down into the hull and have shifted duties among the crew.

Hey, another CMx2 suggestion - volume controls for ambiant background! No more European robins screeching "CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP!" while your tank battle rages! ;)

I seem to recall someone had done a much-reduced background sounds mod for CMBB (mostly eliminating the blowing wind, I believe). Of course it's probably sitting on the absent cmmods.com site.

"No more European robins screeching "CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP!" while your tank battle rages!"

Yeah I always thought that that sound effect was out of place during a battle. Tweeting birds has kind of the same effect as hearing an ice cream truck go by.

Back to the subject: I must have missed in that instance because there was just a metallic "ping" sound and no scream.

"After a while the sounds annoy me too. The game I mean."

The infantry sounds annoy me the moust, i hate all the crybabies! (i know its my orders but..ive had times when my entire army was crying like little girls with skinned knees but i get a major victory at the end anyway) i wish you could turn the voices off but keep the guns and explosions - wich actually help determine things.

Originally posted by Der Kuenstler:

"No more European robins screeching "CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP!" while your tank battle rages!"

Yeah I always thought that that sound effect was out of place during a battle. Tweeting birds has kind of the same effect as hearing an ice cream truck go by.

Back to the subject: I must have missed in that instance because there was just a metallic "ping" sound and no scream.

If you only hear a metallic ping that means your crack marksman missed and that the TC is now safely buttoned up.

I hate to help a potential enemy but playing with the sound off is actually a big disadvantage. Once your ears get attuned you can tell the different guns by their gunfire. This can be the difference between life and death for your troops. The sound of an 75mm L/70 is distinctve and spells trouble - if you are not listening ..............

"Ice cream truck. This is something that must be hardcoded to the CMx2 engine"

Jagged Alliance 2 had an Ice Cream Truck...

you could fit six armed-to-the-teeth

mercenaries in it...

Of course the need for such a vehicle

will vary from theatre to theatre...

Very useful in North Africa, somewhat

redundant during Eastern Front winters...

Soviet tradition mandates ice cream be sold not during warm but cold periods. I think it was due to the difficulty of manufacturing, setting up, and operating small freezer units all over a city. The solution was classic central planning: deprive the masses of ice cream during the warm months, and then fufill the ice cream sales plan during the cold months.

I am not making this up.

So I think Soviets should not have access to ice cream trucks in CM2, but they should be able to use infantry-operated ice cream in all seasons but summer. This would be an effective anti-tank weapon due to stickiness. (As said ice cream is stored in a Red Army infantryman's relatively warm pocket prior to deployment.)

'This would be an effective anti-tank

weapon due to stickiness'

Of course every combatant nation in WW2

had their own version of the treat-that-

turns-into-a-bomb; the French with their

Hollow Charge Croissants (applied with a

pointed stick to the belly armor of

charging Panzers)and the Yanks with their

great love of vaudeville came up with

the Proximity Fused Hot Dog...

Originally posted by Stoffel:

Just remove the wav files with the screams and you wont hear them again in the game smile.gif

OR

Remove all other sound BUT the screaming and play it like its some sort of low budget "horrors of war" student film...