Sniping at tank commanders...

Someone produced a few blood-curdling scream mods awhile ago. It was real hoot. I picked the best couple out of the batch and inserted them permanently. Now I can't do without the occassional "AAAAaaaaargh!!" when one of my squads gets hit.

If there's a really really annoyng noise you hate, and you know which file it is, I wouldn't suggest dumping it. No telling what the game will do when it fails to locate a sound file. You could try copying and renumbering a less annoying sound file so it'll play instead of the offending sound. Don't really know if it'll work - haven't tried it myself.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Someone produced a few blood-curdling scream mods awhile ago. It was real hoot. I picked the best couple out of the batch and inserted them permanently. Now I can't do without the occassional "AAAAaaaaargh!!" when one of my squads gets hit.

If there's a really really annoyng noise you hate, and you know which file it is, I wouldn't suggest dumping it. No telling what the game will do when it fails to locate a sound file. You could try copying and renumbering a less annoying sound file so it'll play instead of the offending sound. Don't really know if it'll work - haven't tried it myself.

Just create a txt file & rename it as the file, including suffix. The system still finds it, but it's blank. I mostly do this with annoying intro movies you can't skip for FPS's etc.