RIP cmbb forum

I'm an OstFront fanatic, This will be my primary forum & I agree wth Zukkov.

I'll buy/play CMAK, but the lack of terrain features, in North Afrika combined with the rugged WW1 style fighting of Italy will, I think, insure the continued popularity of CMBB.

However CMAK will be GREAT for tankette combat, which I look forward to.

I lost interest in CMBO (haven't played a BO game now for half of a year)because CMBB is far superior--IMO, to CMBO in all respects. From what I gather CMAK will not be that much different from BB except for some new perks--larger mountains, multi-turreted AFVs, dust, etc. So, I THINK I will stll crave the Eastern Front for some time to come.

The desert war does not fill me with excitement, but I am looking forward to using the Allies again, plus have them fight the Italians and French (eh, that IS possible in CMAK, right BFC? :confused: ). What I AM longing for is the ability to recreate all of my favorite BO battles and ops with CMAK.

If I'm still playing CMBB I'm still crawling the CMBB Forum.

Unless the graphics in CMAK are head and shoulders above CMBB I will probably frequent both forums for quite some time. I prefer the Eastern front. I will definitely spend alot of time initially recreating some of the Western Front battles with the Italian terrain and equipment. Personally, I have very little interest in North Africa. I will end up firing up some battles in North Africa to see the sand clouds behind the vehicles but beyond that, I won't spend alot of time there. At this point I'm guessing that most of my posts will be split between the CMBB and CMAK forums for about 3 to 5 months and then the majority will be in the CMBB forum.

I'm hoping that with the return of CMMODS.com that not all of the modders will plunge their entire being into CMAK. Just having found out that the winter BMP's are entirely seperate and the game uses them when it sees snow on the ground, I would really like to see modders "hit the slopes" if you will with some really good whitewash mods.

Rather R.I.P. CMBO forum: how many of those frequenting that forum are not going to leave it all for CMAK which allows for most of the same stuff and more?

CMAK isn't that different from CMBB, however, and so it won't be killing it. The only thing is that we have already discussed over most of the things in CMBB and for the last month or so, half of the topics were CMAK related or having to do with something truly silly like Peng or Seanachai or moldy waffles.

I remember a similar discussion a little over a year ago on the CMBO forum regarding the death of that forum. At the time, I was definitely a convert and predominately moved over to the CMBB forum. Afterall, a primary reason for my purchase of CMBO was to learn the game mechanics for CMBB- which I knew I really wanted.

While I will purchase CMAK (isn't that slang for something???), I will probably continue to primarily fight battles on the OstFront since that is my primary front of interest (just ask my wife).

Consider me a continuing regular visitor to the CMBB Forum.