Any CM fans in the NYC area?

If there are any CM fans in NYC and its larger area (I am sure there are many), it might be nice to get together for a drink and talk about our obsession. Eventually, we can organize a CM LAN party.

Drop me a line @ desertrat1943@yahoo.com

(And if you are not from NYC but you know some chaps who do, please give them heads up about this)

Originally posted by benpark:

Brooklyn. In tha' house, as it were. I'm in.

Hi Ben!

Good to see you in action!!!

Guess I have to take back some of my hesitant comments in my last e-mail. Played "Iron Roadblock" last night and boy was it cool! Stupid mistake I did was to accidentaly (stupidly?) unlimber the 88s in the middle of the woods! So I had to resort to directing an symphony of destructions with 4 Paks and about 10 tanks opening up on the "roadblock" within 10 seconds. After some turns the return fire ceased and I concluded that gun damage had occured. My advancing platoon of halftracks was stopped cold by the HMG, which, in turns, was jumped by the remaining tanks. I possessed the flag in the end, but did not kill the "roadblock". Guess that cost me the victory (was a draw). Anyway, great atmosphere and sooo many tactical options (embark, unlimber ... smile.gif )

Greetings from Vienna,

Thomm

Brooklyn here. But I work in Manhattan on 19th and 5th.

I'm up for it. But I warn you, you play a dangerous game. I tried to organize a CM beerfest some months ago and nobody came. I did learn, however, that Burp Castle charges WAAAAAAY too much for Hoegaarden. (Not that this would bother me now that I've switched to drinking Coors Lite and assorted faux-maltopop exclusively.)

• 7 months later...