All the ATI Radeon users Read this, please

Well, if you want fog, and I do, you should be there. Keep in mind, Madmat, has said that they have tried everything to get ATI to support fog in CMBB, but they (ATI) have not shown any interest in doing it. Perhaps, if they saw a large number of their customers want it, they would do the right thing!

So once more into the breach my friends....

Radeon, PAH! With all honesty, and malice, f*** 'em. If this is how they treat customers, walk away, never complain to give them a chance to correct things that should have been addressed before release and let them die as a company. I have zero tolerance for a company that doesn't support its product.

May the company fail and then the lame-ass employees will have to get jobs at the local Burger King. Bunch of rotting hoors. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, if you want fog, and I do, you should be there. Keep in mind, Madmat, has said that they have tried everything to get ATI to support fog in CMBB, but they (ATI) have not shown any interest in doing it. Perhaps, if they saw a large number of their customers want it, they would do the right thing!
But that's exactly what they're doing. You see, there are probably 100 Quake players for every CM player out there. It makes it quite easy for ATI to decide what they put on their card.

In any case, I have an ATI, and I've never had a problem (yet).

Phemur

No one said you ATI users would have problems, just that you can't see fog. I guess if you've never seen it, you don't know what you're missing. We Nvidia users can pretend we're ATI users by turning off the fog in the game, then scratch our heads when our LOS markers extend 20m on a perfectly (apparently) sunny midday battle, then turn it back on and snicker.

It is unheard of for any competent 3D API maker to NOT be able to display fog. This is my biggest gripe with 'em. They've only recently learned how to actually code drivers (within the last year)... And people wonder why they're seen as a second rate company (at least by those with a memory).

I second the opinion above... F' em.

Heheh this is hilarious..

Guess some of you dudes really dont game other than CM games, well you dont need too hot card for that.

Generally ATI at the moment has slightly better drivers, performance and definetly costs less than Nvidia cards.Not to mention better AA quality on ATI and Nvidias driver cheating.

My personal opinion is that Titanium cards were really good bang for the buck these new FX cards arent really worth the money they make you pay for em.

Mayby some of you really should read couple hardware forums and see where things are going nowdays smile.gif

Originally posted by Alarmer:

Heheh this is hilarious..

Guess some of you dudes really dont game other than CM games, well you dont need too hot card for that.

Of course, some of us have ATI cards that won't allow us to play CM at all.

I will be at that chat, although I doubt that ATI has any interest in updating drivers for the Mac G4s & Radeon 9000 cards that will not display CM as anything other than a puddle of technicolor vomit.

Doubtless the response to a 'niche' market wargaming company.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I have a radeon 9000 Pro 128 and although I can't see fog the game displays beautifully. However, Mike the Whiner is right. F*ck em. :mad: My next card with my new PC will be a GeForce I presume. I think Radeon is the only one I know that doesn't support fog tables. It's silly. :mad:

:mad: :mad: I AGREE :mad: :mad:

I will do the same thing as you when I will buy my next computer !!!

Not to defend ATI, but the situation is a little more complicated.

The fog API that the old CM engine uses is old and virtually nobody else uses it, I think Baldurs Gate 1 was the last other game.

So, leaving CM aside and assuming you like all current games, would you prefer ATI to invest their driver writing resources into supposing all old calls that have ever been used, or would you like them to concentrate on getting the current calls right?

Nvidia supports the old calls, but their overall driver quality is varying a lots, which includes even current games are broken more often than with ATI's drivers.

[ September 05, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

**BUMP**

Don't give up the ship, yet.

Remember, squeeky wheel gets the greasin'.

Take the example from politics: A vocal minority can appear as a majority if they are loud enough. They then get what they want.

The more people post on that chat line the more ATI will sit up and take notice that this is a worthy fix.