CMMods.com is back up for modders!

There still some issues to be worked out, but it's about 90% complete. I figured you guys needed to get your mod fix soon before you started shooting spouses or sleeping with farm animals. ;) I'll get the rest of it fixed this weekend. The two features you'll now notice are:

1. A complete list of .BMPs in the attached .ZIP mod file - Once we have a large number of mods back in the database, you can view by BMP number to see which .BMPs are used by what units.

2. Mod pages are broken into 3 parts - The mod pages have been broken into Mod Info, Preview Pic and D/L link. This should reduce the amount of bandwidth effectively increasing d/l speed.

There are some other internal changes I've made, but none that you will notice from a user perspective.

Enjoy!!!

COG

Is it true that none of the Mods of that database are CMMOS compatible? That is rather surprising for me, as I very much like that CMMOS programm for its easy on/off switching of Mods.

If the database is not yet up to date about that information, ignore this post and I will be happyly waiting for the feature to be enabled.

Originally posted by farmerch:

Is it true that none of the Mods of that database are CMMOS compatible? That is rather surprising for me, as I very much like that CMMOS programm for its easy on/off switching of Mods.

There used to be a few CMMOS mods, but I don't think there will be anymore on CMMods. http://www.combatmission.com is hosting all the CMMOS mods right now.

I am working with MikeT on getting a truckload (400+) CMBO mods loaded in the near future, so some of them will be CMMOS compliant I'm sure.

COG

Originally posted by massimorocca:

Hi COG, a suggestion.

Could you make the preview image the default opening page for the mods instead the text info?

I can, but I'm not going to.

The biggest complaint about CMMods was the lack of bandwidth, so I'm doing everything I can to gain more. Part of that is NOT showing the preview pic unless the user wants to see it. I don't think most people will complain about 1 extra mouse click if they can save minutes on their downloading time.

I'm all about speeding up download right now. If enough people complain, I'll consider putting it back up front, but not in the near future. Thanks.

COG

C'mon folks! Upload your stuff. I think, right now, myself and Gautrek have uploaded all the vehicle mods on cmmods.com! (much thanks to the interface and sounds posse as well, you guys have uploaded a bunch o'cool stuff)

You real modders out there, you can't let silly ol' me have all the fun!

Zimorodok

Originally posted by ColumbusOHGamer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by massimorocca:

Hi COG, a suggestion.

Could you make the preview image the default opening page for the mods instead the text info?

I can, but I'm not going to.

The biggest complaint about CMMods was the lack of bandwidth, so I'm doing everything I can to gain more. Part of that is NOT showing the preview pic unless the user wants to see it. I don't think most people will complain about 1 extra mouse click if they can save minutes on their downloading time.

I'm all about speeding up download right now. If enough people complain, I'll consider putting it back up front, but not in the near future. Thanks.

COG </font>