Delta Peng, What's that Challenge You Have On?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mensch:

I just returned from the dead to tell you all..

you all suck.

*bows*

thank you.

*turns back to dust*

A lesson for you newer kinnigits and SSNs, this somewhat dehydrated Mensch had a quality to his posts that was both unique and annoying, but in a suitably cesspool way.

No doubt this was due to long term substance abuse.

I think we should add water and revisit those halcyon days.

Mace

Originally posted by chrisl:

How long have you been on this side of the pond? All of about 6 months? And instead of taking advantage of the novelty of being a brit on the west coast, you have to hook up with someone in Mankato?!? Did you sign up for the Sons of Norway Internet Dating Service or somefink? Mankato ?! You're a fully employed Gates-slut, at a time when software geeks are mostly unemployed and sitting in Starbucks drinking lattes. So instead of hanging out at the local Yoga Hut and hooking up with someone local, you're flying to Mankato, MN most likely in the middle of winter, to meet someone who you probably won't actually see because she'll be completely wrapped up in 6 layers of winter clothing the whole time. It takes so long to put the stuff on and take it off that people there just put it on in the late fall, add layers as it gets colder, and remove it in the late spring (June or so) when it starts to warm up.

cue romantic music accompaniment:

Mankato, City of Lights, City of Magic!

Mankato, City of Lights, you're calling me

Mankato, even now I can remember

How the Minnesota winter

Goes drifting through my dreams

Ah, Pondscum! How I envy you young folk! I can only nod my aging head and hum a romantic tune to myself as I contemplate your meeting, your senses filled with the smell of lip balm and damp rabbit fur, that heady combination that bespeaks winter love.

If I was only 20 years younger.

Actually, if I was 20 years younger I'd drive down to Mankato, find out where you were staying, kick your useless Brit arse, display my proud manhood before your beloved, and give her the opportunity to experience the profound wonderment of 'Love in the North' (with bagpipe accompaniment).

Happily for you, time has marched on, and taken this aging Gnome with it.

I'm still contemplating driving to Mankato and kicking your arse, but for the rest...

You'd be amazed at how many women have nae taste for the pipes.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Thanks, Johan, good advice.

Thanks too, Vadr, I do hope they will have a swift recovery.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Noba, you Down-Under living, Cricket watching, backwards-swirling toilet flushing* pillock.

Steve

*assuming, of course, you have upgraded to indoor plumbing.

Why thankyou Mister survivor. (Good to hear you have no major physical problems...)

ON THE OTHER HAND..... The Mental Problems are obviously just surfacing. Try re-reading my post, then see whose birthday it was...

At this point the "invective tap" is shut off out of decency.

Noba.

Harken ye all, for I have witnessed ......... a MIRACLE!!

Yea, tho' we walk'd thro' the "Valley Of Death" over 8 punishing hours {ok, ok ... so it was just ADVENTUREWORLD - Perth style} we SURVIVED!!! - even after queueing for 1 1/2 hours to get in, with one impatient and irritated 5yo+ girl tugging on one arm and one impatient 7yo+ girl hanging from the other with each chanting "Pop and Nan! When are they going to let us IN???" every 10.3 seconds.

Actually, I hate to admit that wife Joan and I even ENJOYED the experience, gawd forbid! Why, it only cost us $150+ in junk food and trinkets! Is that not a <U>veritable BARGAIN!??</U> And the pedal monorail was a GAS man! I cranked that lil' screamer up to about 5kph I reckon, with both girls cackling themselves stoopid as we left the following huffing and puffing cavalcade of young and old kiddies in our dust - or should that be "rust"??! And big ol' doofus me with a grin from ear to ear. ;o)

Sigh ....... I almost felt - young - for a minute there. A MIRACLE indeed ....

Well, after THAT lot, I'm orf to bed for a few days sleeeeep to recharge the worn out batteries and pacemaker...

AJ

BIGGEST KID ON THE BLOCK

[ January 06, 2003, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Originally posed by Aussie Jeff:

Harken ye all, for I have witnessed ......... a MIRACLE!!

Yea, tho' we walk'd thro' the "Valley Of Death" over 8 punishing hours {ok, ok ... so it was just ADVENTUREWORLD - Perth style} we SURVIVED!!!

Well it's nice to hear that your wife made it through....but as for you...well it would have been better for us had you not made it through your "Excellent Adventure"

Perhaps you could go back there and throw yourself under the "Flying Teacup" ride or something.

Originally posted by Noba:

Why thankyou Mister survivor. (Good to hear you have no major physical problems...)

ON THE OTHER HAND..... The Mental Problems are obviously just surfacing. Try re-reading my post, then see whose birthday it was...

Apologies, Noba. Normally, I try to avoid reading anything more than the first and last lines of your posts, particularly if you include verse of any sort.

Happy belated birthday, Athla-whatever-your-name-is-as-I-can't-be-bothered-to-look-it-up-right-now.

Steve

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Nidiot,

Try to spot the mistake in your last post

Phffft....I did it on purpose to see if you were still around....knowing that in your empty, pathetic life, you would be waiting on line, hovering like some demented gargoyle.... refreshing with one hand, doing God knows what with the other......

** shudder **, just waiting to pounce on any small error, feckless git that you are.

Edited to say: Happy Birthday to everyone who has a birthday in 2003, Noba excepted

because.... failed experiments do not count as a birth,

[ January 06, 2003, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]