Delta Peng, What's that Challenge You Have On?

<big>UPDATES!</big> (for what it's worth):

Boo has started to die spectacularly 2 turns into the game. What else is new?

OGSF has started to charge to his death. What else is new?

Moriarty sends turns less frequently than the Iraq admits it's developing WOMAD. What else is new?

Panzer Leader is hiding behind his lack of turn sending. What else is new?

Lars is smug because I'm not supposed to drink, but he is swimming in ethanol. What else is new?

Deke Fentle is slow to send turns. With any luck, we'll finish our current scenario before the next decade is through. What else is new?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

as long as you get into your jammies right now.

I'll not be a part of your sick and twisted fantasies, Boo!

You'll have to "jam" things all on your own, outcast. I bet your picture is on a thousand county websites, eh?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

OhmiGawd ... I can only fall on the excuse of too much work, too much worry about my impending trip and too much ... well okay I HAVE no excuse.

Kind Dame Persephone, my dear old friend Patch ... allow me to wish you the Best Wishes on Your Day of Days and ask that you forgive a wayward soul his transgression.

Joe

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

And yes, Joe, I'll forgive you, regardless of you being the nong that you are.

Persephone

Originally posted by PondScum:

[QB]

If by Twin Cities you mean Mankato and North Mankato, why then yes I am. Otherwise, I fear that the Minneapolis Chapter of the MBT will have to do without me, since there'll be a shameless hussy picking me up at the airport and I'll need all that fox pee for myself.

There's also the small matter of chrisl arriving in Seattle "soon" for some conference or other - I shall endeavour to make sure he doesn't make it out alive, or at least not before he posts to the MBT.

/QB]

How long have you been on this side of the pond? All of about 6 months? And instead of taking advantage of the novelty of being a brit on the west coast, you have to hook up with someone in Mankato?!? Did you sign up for the Sons of Norway* Internet Dating Service or somefink? Mankato ?! You're a fully employed Gates-slut, at a time when software geeks are mostly unemployed and sitting in Starbucks drinking lattes. So instead of hanging out at the local Yoga Hut and hooking up with someone local, you're flying to Mankato, MN most likely in the middle of winter, to meet someone who you probably won't actually see because she'll be completely wrapped up in 6 layers of winter clothing the whole time. It takes so long to put the stuff on and take it off that people there just put it on in the late fall, add layers as it gets colder, and remove it in the late spring (June or so) when it starts to warm up. Saves on heating bills too.

I'll be arriving in Seattle tomorrow afternoon, and will probably have some free time to play some CM and beat some sense into you.

*I actually saw the band Beat Happening, from Olympia, WA at the Sons of Norway hall in Minneapolis some time in the early 90's. It was quite the contrast-- seeing an early pre-grunge band in a room with a bunch of pictures of old vikings on the wall.

Damn it all, chrisl, there you go acting like you have a life and a big friggen head again.

Here's a free word of advice; GIVE IT UP, ALREADY!

That piece of chaotic crap you called a scenario named "Event Horizon" puts you out into the cold as far as the "Coherent Thought Club" goes.

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

SNIP...........

Noba, you taunt me and then preen like a peacock with an overimaginative self concept and yet, you do not send me a move. You are like a man who eats too much cabbage who spends his days in crowded elevators. In other words, you are a stinky man who annoys those around you. Send me a move.

Edited because I wanted to.[/QB]

Listen hear rotgut. If you were to have a reliable and working E-Mail system that doesn't wait 4 days to say..."Sorry, the GIT you sent this to has not paid his bill, and until he does we are returning all his incomings....."

Well, I think you get my drift.

FIX YOUR MAIL you indeterminant TWERP !

Noba.

Had a car accident today. Two of the kids in the car, but no one in our SUV was hurt.

On the other hand, the elderly couple in the Chevrolet Citation that pulled out in front of me were life flighted to the hospital. I would have sworn that the old man driving the car was dead when I first got out of the Durango -- no blood, but he was bleach white and non-responsive.

Sigh.

They had to use the Jaws of Life to get him out of the car. The last time I saw the couple, the paramedic was asking the local cop where the LifeFlight bird could land to pick them up.

I hope they are okay. I also hope you gits can learn to appreciate what you have.

Steve

Originally posted by chrisl:

What's got you all peeved? Are you originally from Mankato or something?

No, no, no. I just feel a need to punish you for that abomination you foisted upon Meeks' cousin (remember that pillock, a.k.a. "Harpooner?") and I.

What, are you originally from the Shire or sumfink? Clueless git.

Send me a set-up.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Had a car accident today. Two of the kids in the car, but no one in our SUV was hurt.

On the other hand, the elderly couple in the Chevrolet Citation that pulled out in front of me were life flighted to the hospital.

Seriously, glad you and yours are ok, and sorry if others aren't. Best wishes to you and the other folks involved.

Originally posted by Leeo:

Seriously, glad you and yours are ok, and sorry if others aren't. Best wishes to you and the other folks involved.

Thanks. My neck, shoulders and back are messed up, and my daughter's shoulder is sore, but we all had our seatbelts on.

The elderly couple, however, did not look so good. They were belted in, and not cut up too bad (the only blood I saw was from the wife's hand, and it seemed minor), but they both looked to be in deep shock. His leg was pinned between the door and the steering column. It could have been broken (crush injury). I hope neither of them are badly injured -- although the accident was not my fault, I would be haunted by the knowledge that I had shortened or ended another human life.

SIgh.

Thanks for the sentiments, Leeo. THey are appreciated.

Steve

What, are you originally from the Shire or sumfink? Clueless git.

Send me a set-up.

You'll have to send me one-- I'm in the midst of packing for my impending trip to the land of pondscum and Gates early tomorrow morning and am too lazy to reboot into OS9 to humor your desire for revenge. Pick some exciting parameters and send me the file, or better yet, pick a scenario--I've only gotten around to playing CMBB about twice so far, so I've only played a couple of the scenarios.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

as long as you get into your jammies right now.

I'll not be a part of your sick and twisted fantasies, Boo!

You'll have to "jam" things all on your own, outcast. I bet your picture is on a thousand county websites, eh?</font>

Ok everybody. In the spirit of the season...

Sing a long with me -

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday you silly old codger - Athalatakakaka

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EWE !

(With apologies to Mace)

Suffice to say: He is older than I am....still.

Noba.

Ummmm....lessee here...

Geier opined..

Typical of fat Hermann. Neither he, nor MvR, ever commanded JG2
Correct. The Germans named the first fighter squadron formed since the end of WWI after their most famous fighter pilot of that conflict. I'm no apologist for Goering or his cohorts, but some countries do stuff like that ya' know. There is still a "Richthofen Geschwader" active in the Luftwaffe today. JG71 flies F4 Phantoms out of Wittmund. This concludes today's history lesson.

Berlichtingen screeched...

shut the hell up
Now that is just stroppy. In closing: thppffftttt

Nidan1 edited:

Vadr can send me a setup, and after slapping him around with a dead fish, I'll toss him aside, and the rest of you can have at him.
It would be my pleasure Sire, err...Squire...err whatever. It will go out today. Hold the anchovies if you please.

Happy Birthday Persephone.

MrSpkr, I am delighted to hear you and your family are safe and hope the others involved will be as well.

The rest of you need to do less blabbering and a lot more Sodding Off.

Vadr

I'm up against medieval weapons and fish. This is going to be easy...

Thanks, Johan, good advice.

Thanks too, Vadr, I do hope they will have a swift recovery.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Noba, you Down-Under living, Cricket watching, backwards-swirling toilet flushing* pillock.

Steve

*assuming, of course, you have upgraded to indoor plumbing.

[ January 05, 2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Okay, so the part before ... where I said I'd be getting turns out today ... I lied.

Sorry about that but as Gov. William J. Le Petomane would put it:

The affairs of state must take precedence over ... uh ... the affairs ... of state.
In other words, it took me a LOT longer to get ready for this trip than I thought.

Do TRY not to let the MBT fall too far into wrack and ruin while I'm gone ... get someone with half a brain to host the next one perhaps ... someone NOT from Manysoda.

Joe

Originally posted by mensch:

I just returned from the dead to tell you all..

you all suck.

*bows*

thank you.

*turns back to dust*

*SWISH*, *SWISH*

Sweeps dust under chocolate brown shag pile carpet....

*returns to contemplating "How To Survive 8 Hours At Adventureworld With 5 Year Old Grandaughter And Her Friend" manual..*

[ January 05, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Sorry about that but as Gov. William J. Le Petomane would put it: </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />The affairs of state must take precedence over ... uh ... the affairs ... of state.

In other words, it took me a LOT longer to get ready for this trip than I thought.

Joe</font>