shhhh

Yikes!!!!

What amazing detail. Wow.

Mr. Noobie, you are extremely talented sir. Thank you for sharing this with us.

It never ceases to amaze me the dedication and effort that folks like yourself put into projects like these.

I am very familiar with several other scenes were mods were utilized (The Quake community, etc.), and despite the differences in the type of people playing each game and the obvious style differences (Strategy Vs. FPS, etc.) the work of those in the "community" is the life blood of these games.

Yet, in many games, mods are fresh coats of paint or a variance in a style of play. However, in this game, the attention to historical detail, accurate and detailed markings, etc. It just takes my breath away. I wonder how many people realize the amount of time that goes into creating a mod? Not simply the work in the image editing application itself, but the research, testing and so forth.

For all of you who make these wonderful addition to our beloved game. Thank you.

MFOS - Mouth Full of Spiders

Ps. This is the slowest download I have ever gotten from the CM mod database. I always thought you guys were joking around, because I always had decent speed before with my ADSL. Oh well it is certainly worth the wait, and thanks for hosting it.

Agreed. I like the packs. Easier to install and easier to store for later use.

After trying to unzip a couple of hundred CMMOS BO mods (And trying to figure out why such and such BMP wants to overwrite such and such BMP, it is nice to be able to just unzip and enjoy.

I am up to 54% done now, and I will drop off to allow someone else the bandwidth. Will resume with my acquisition of a few other tasty mods much later this evening.

I just grabbed a beer, starting doing some serious unzipping, and keep checking in on my DL. No worries.

Anyone got a hot tip on a Multi file unzipping utility. I tried Wolverine, but it is a little too basic. I am now trying Power Archiver 8.0, but it deosn't give me the file size comparisons when it prompts me for an overwrite. (Does give the date and other important info though.)

I like to see the file size comparisons, so that way if the dates match and the file sizes are the same, I usually feel comfortable overwriting them without much worry.

OH NOOOOOOO! I spoke too soon. My Dl just bailed at 10 megs, and now I have to do it all over. No continue option. (Problem solved, see later post for soultion)

MFOS - Mouth Full of Spiders

:mad:

[ January 28, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: MFOS ]