The Longest Mod Preview part 3.1415926 (Finally posted 5/26/2005)

Well, it had to happen someday. Even the world's longest mod has to be posted eventually, and that day has arrived. I have posted four (4) separate files to CMMods.

1. CMMOS Ambush Pz VIB mod. This is the one with all the bells and whistles. Three, yes three complete sets of tactical numbers, your choice of zero to nineteen gun barrel kill rings, armored fenders mounted or removed and front hull unit markings for schwere Panzer Abteilung 501, schwere Panzer Abteilung 503, schwere Panzer Abteilung 509, schwere SS Panzer Abteilung 501, and schwere SS Panzer Abteilung 502.

2. My Vehicle RuleSet for CMMOS. CMMOS USERS, INSTALL THIS FIRST before installing the actual mod. Non CMMOS users don't need this.

3. A "plain", non-CMMOS Ambush King Tiger mod.

4. A "plain", non-CMMOS Ambush King Tiger with armored fenders removed mod.

I hope it was worth the wait, enjoy.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all for the kind remarks. There are actually 2 more versions in the works. One late war and one zimmerit version. They should be available in the coming weeks.

MeatEtr,

Unfortunately, in order to create a non-CMMOS mod with all the options of the CMMOS mod would add about 25 MB to the zip file. :eek: Even *I* have to draw the line somewhere. :(

I would advise caution using a CMMOS mod in McMMM. Since many of the CMMOS options are implemented using partial graphics, you could end up with invalid graphic files which CM will display as solid white areas on the 3-D model. At least if this happens, McMMM can restore the original graphics.

junk2drive: I'll have to look into why the author of CMMOS can't manage to write "proper" CMMOS mods. ;)

I think what I mean is that some modders put options in their zips, but don't follow the CMMOS format or don't give the files paths so that McMMM can deal with them. I don't remember having a problem with proper CMMOS zips and McMMM. Other than too many options to choose from, lol.

Ok, the basic A version does work with McMMM. I didn't test the others.

The problem for McMMM users is there are soooo many options bmps that the screen is very long.

CMMOS would be the best choice.

BTW I setup a stock Sturmtiger and Jagdtiger next to this mod just to get see the difference.

Beautiful. Glad I don't have to face these in CMAK.

Gordon, i totally agree, including all the bells and whistles in the non-cmmos version would be overkill and simply too big anyway. But is there any possibility of getting just a tad bit of the options for the non-cmmos version. Maybe with like just a couple of the tac numbers for the side and rear turret and maybe a couple of kill ring options. It doesn't really matter which tac numbers it would be, artists choice, just to have them on the tank would be great. It would certainly be the icing on this amazing mod cake.

Nonetheless, i still love this mod either way, i can't recall ever using KT's as much as i do now. ;)

P.S. Looking forward to the other versions.

If you have a PC:

Get the CMMOS mod. Extract the bmps into a folder. Set View as thumbnail for the folder. Look at the pics and see the options you want. Write down those file names,

ie 12860_GM_A_NoSkirt.bmp

Load new mod into McMMM. As McMMM asks you "OK" or "Skip" for each option, click skip for the ones that you don't want.

As a warning, there are 19 bmps for the 19 turret ring options and so on.

It can be done but you are better off with CMMOS.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

If you have a PC:

Get the CMMOS mod. Extract the bmps into a folder. Set View as thumbnail for the folder. Look at the pics and see the options you want. Write down those file names,

ie 12860_GM_A_NoSkirt.bmp

Load new mod into McMMM. As McMMM asks you "OK" or "Skip" for each option, click skip for the ones that you don't want.

As a warning, there are 19 bmps for the 19 turret ring options and so on.

It can be done but you are better off with CMMOS.

I tried this and it simply doesn't work due to the, as Gordon said, partial graphic bmps. It will work for the regular sized bmp graphic options, but certainly not the partial graphic bmp options. Which are the majority of the options.

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

Being on a Mac, I've been known to take Gordon's CMMOS Mods & 'apply' the smaller Option .BMPs to the full ones to get the alternatives I really want. Helps me not feel so left out.

strt

I see what your saying and i thought of this too, but i wouldn't know where to begin as to how to do it.

[ May 28, 2005, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: MeatEtr ]

Ok, I've uploaded version 1.01 of the non-CMMOS mods (both with and without fenders).

The "with fenders" mod now has alternate BMPs for red on white "808" tactical turret numbers, and gun barrel kill rings (both of which can be used with the "without fenders" mod), and front hull unit sign for s.Pz.Abt. 501.

The "without fenders" mod now has alternate BMPs for black on white "808" tactical turret numbers (which can be shared with the "with fenders" mod), and front hull unit sign for s.SS.Pz.Abt. 501.

Originally posted by mchlstrt:

Being on a Mac, I've been known to take Gordon's CMMOS Mods & 'apply' the smaller Option .BMPs to the full ones to get the alternatives I really want. Helps me not feel so left out.

strt

My biggest regret with respect to CMMOS was that I wrote it in C++, rather than Java. But at the time CMMOS was first written, Java just wasn't as functional as it is now.

Wow, that was quick, thanks alot Gordon. Now my virtual big kitties look even better. The cake has been officially iced. tongue.gif

Junk2drive, no problem at all man. Actually i appreciate you trying to help out. So thank you for the effort. smile.gif

Btw, here's a little scenario to give them new KT's a test drive in. It's from CSDT's Seelow Heights pack. Not too much of a challenge, but still good fun.

For non-CMMOS mac guys, I suggest placing all the mod BMPS you're going to use into a folder, select each file name and simply delete the extra text (down to plain 12345.bmp).

There. Your cmmos-named mod is now a non-cmmos mod with the alt bits you wanted included.

Gordon, the version without fenders amazed me! I didn't think the KT polygon would've been able to take it. Great, inventive work.