The Peng Challenge Telethon for Australia: How Many Times Can You Just Look Away?

Originally posted by Leeo:

Once, when I lived in that forlorn state known as Texas (alternatively referred to as Hell), I had a huge infestation of cockroaches. They were large and slightly annoying, until I learned they had no power over me whatsoever.

It seems we've lately had an infestation of mites upon our cockroaches. As if it matters.

We need more postings from the Ladies of the pool, for it is they that make this whole thing somewhat entertaining. Nothing like getting the heel of their boot to put things into perspective.

For the Ladies are the power and the glory (no matter how oft we repute it) forever and ever,

Amen.

Great idea, <font color=maroon size=1>Leeo</font> perhaps they can bring a breath of fresh air to this place filled with boredom, which wreaks with the stench of ancient fly manure.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SirReal:

Well, you can use a scenario of your choosing or start a QB. If using a QB, just make sure that the conditions are acceptable for the attacker (whoever it turns out to be). That means, no snow.

Year and force type is immaterial unless you are a gamey bastiche. And you don't want to be a gamey bastiche, right? If you feel insecure about this, have the QB generate random forces.

NO! NO! NO!

We’re all about gamey. We like gamey. Why?

{All together now lads...}

BECAUSE THE OUTERBOARDS DON'T!!!

No Good Cav Scout (must explain the Wisconsin Guard bit, like anybody would really want anything from chedderhead land. And to think you'd have to send out a scout for the non-existant invaders, boring job that...), give the poor sod nothing but flamethrowers in a blizzard.

And, much like his wit, a damp match.

Sheesh, and he’s been invited to join my own noble house, the gods weep...

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

wanted to post these, just because they are cool as heck.

Umm, No Good, do you think you might possibly be a better scout if you were to actually move those Humvees off the parking tarmac? Hmm?

Just a tip.

but if we move them off the concrete, we might get dirty!!!!

A swede afraid of the snow. hmmmm, that is kind of ironic.

well, my purchases are sent, just waiting on him now.

Gameyness is not my style, not that I have any style, but if I did, it wouldn't be gameyness!!! My style is more the afro, zodiac medallion, and polyester bell bottomed leisure suit, unfortunately, my wife won't let me dress like that, she says it will damage the twins in utero.... well, she may have a point.

Originally posted by Lars:

NO! NO! NO!

We’re all about gamey. We like gamey.

Is it gamey to tell your opponent you're gamey? Is it gamey to look like you're about to be gamey, and then not be? Is Lars more gamey because he uses foxpee, whereas Boo just wets himself? Inquiring minds want to know.

Here you go, off in the grass and everything.

Oh, much better.

Looks like you went a whole three feet into the tall grass.

I'll sleep much better tonight knowing you're out there protecting me from the wily Canadians. They'd never think of looking there.

Originally posted by Angry Matthew:

Keep your posts above board, mature and itelligent and we will all get along fine.

I for one, have never, ever posted anything intelligent, mature and uh, above board. But I have gotten kicked out of strip clubs by bald bouncers. They tend to talk with their pectoral muscles.

and now for something completely different:

The "Chicken Bok Bok" taunt worked after all! Leeo and I will now tussle with our sweaty keyboards on the field of battle. Since I am munificent, I will gladly accept his surrender now so to save him the trouble of losing alot.

PS Please, no more pics of vehicles in a motor pool. I'm getting flashbacks over here - PMCS, 9-2320-280-10

[ July 14, 2003, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

Right then, time to get started SirReal ... hey think about it Lars, if he's ever Knighted he'll be Sir SirReal, kinda like Major Major in Catch 22 ya know?

Where was I ... oh yeah, time to get started on the lesson plan SirReal no time like the present. Let's start with a nice term paper shall we then? How about something smallish to get started ... um ... 14 pages double spaced font no larger than 14 nor smaller than 10 point and lots and lots of ELLIPSES... I LIKE ELLIPSES.

And the topic shall be ... rune ... Gamey Bastich or Just Gamey?

Let's have some discussion around that stupid Rorke's Drift scenario of his with a map of the real outpost compared and contrasted to that stupid map AND the fact that he didn't use Chard and Bromhead properly. Be sure to credit "The Washing of the Spears" and an aside about Michael Caines appearance in the movie "Zulu" as his FIRST major motion picture would be nice as well.

Neatness counts lad and a spiffy clear acetate cover MIGHT gain some bonus points.

Joe

OH ... and some cover art ... maybe a photo of the Zulu maidens dancing.

OH ... and we won't mention that he didn't spell Rorke's correctly, not really an issue here in the CessPool and it IS rune after all.

[ July 15, 2003, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

A tactical victory ... that's all I got ... a crummy tactical victory from IL Be Seeing You. The miserable little swine (NG cavscout (spelt but not bolded) to be precise) actually got 650 some odd points OFF the bloody map!

Well ... I clearly have some revisions to make on THAT substandard scenario.

Joe

Obviously, the complex nature of the tactical problem (i.e., hit {GO} about twenty-five times) is beyond your grasp. Perhaps you should take up something a little more your style, like Candyland.

Steve

Here you go, off in the grass and everything. 030660.JPG

These photo's are of an infantry battalion in my brigade, the photo's of our cav troop won't post here for some reason.

But where's the fox pee?

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

A tactical victory ... that's all I got ... a crummy tactical victory from IL Be Seeing You. The miserable little swine (NG cavscout (spelt but not bolded) to be precise) actually got 650 some odd points OFF the bloody map!

Well ... I clearly have some revisions to make on THAT substandard scenario.

Joe

Obviously, the complex nature of the tactical problem (i.e., hit {GO} about twenty-five times) is beyond your grasp. Perhaps you should take up something a little more your style, like Candyland.

Steve </font>

Originally posted by the Bard:

God bless you, Goanna, wherever you are.

Thank you for the sentiment, but it has been tried before and it didn’t take. Plus it gave me a nasty rash until my next molting. Nice to see you are still working with the children of crack mothers and being relatively public spirited when you really ought to have gone the bitter old Jo Xia route, literally, years ago now.

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Goanna give me a holler if you want to continue our games from a while ago.

I would Hiram but (1) only Yank mouth-breathers that are stupid enough to move TO the south actually “holler”, and (2) I don’t even have CM on my laptop at present. When I am ready to begin again, you will all be required to tear fresh strips off me.

the aptly named Pondscum:

FREE BEER! THIS ONE'S ON ME!

Yeah, that’ll be the day, when a Pom offers the first shout. However, given all the obvious interest, I can offer the following information. The leg is pretty much all better and Siberia is actually to the west of me.

Leeo erred by:

I thought Stalin was dead?

See, now there you go thinking again.

Сталын Жил. Сталын Жив. Сталын Вудет Жнть

(currently I think he’s hiding out in a cave outside Tikrit with a wireless set)

Now we would like to interrupt this telethon on with an ÜberLizard Update!:

Each of you has likely fallen prey to my cunning plan (yes, yes, it was named a weasel) of feinting for nearly ten months and have surrendered to me, no? Well, if not then obviously breathing a sigh of relief at not having to continue on in a game with a person who was doing actual live research in the setting of CMBB. One day son I may be ready to put that research to work on you lot, or at least fill you in on the salient details of the last year. Nice to see I get such a good mention in the first thread I returned to read, until it turned in to a bag of SSN ****e. I was really hoping I was going to get to attend a welcome home banning there for a minute. We do so enjoy a human sacrifice, oh yes we do.

Да завтра, товарищ

[ July 15, 2003, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: Goanna ]

Previous post brought to you by an exhausted red-head who forgot she wasn't logged on

Originally posted by Leeo:

We need more postings from the Ladies of the pool, for it is they that make this whole thing somewhat entertaining. Nothing like getting the heel of their boot to put things into perspective.

For the Ladies are the power and the glory (no matter how oft we repute it) forever and ever,

Amen.

You rang? Nice to see there are still men out there who know their place in the grander scheme of things.

Speaking of which... Hiram, dear, where's my fruity drink replete with chunks of fruit on a long toothpick-type contrivance and topped with a tiny parasol?

Hiram?

Sigh...excuse me whilst I go and fetch him. Be back later...

These photo's are of an infantry battalion in my brigade, the photo's of our cav troop won't post here for some reason.

A one man infantry battalion?

I suppose it looks good in the books. *shrug*

Since we're spamming the boards with green-clad muppets, I might as well add one myself.

SirReal-PSK-Front-Liten.jpg

This is me during sniper training. See? They actually trusted me with a weapon! Muhahahaa! The fools!

/SirReal

SirReal-PSK-Front-Liten.jpg

Mr. SirReal of Sweden, has presented us with a poser. We do not know which bush he is behind, but we can soon find out.

<font size = 10>KABOOM!!!</font>

Yes it was the middle one.

Mace

PS. Isn't blatant plagirisation and theft of intellectual property fun?

Joebob you obtuse excuse of an elder...

The spelling actually comes from the museum at the battefield. I quote:

The name Rorke or Rourke is Irish in origin, the latter being the one in more common use, hence the confusion. Some elements of the British press opted for the spelling they knew - the misspelling rendered as 'Rourke's Drift'.

So, i went ahead with the traditional spelling [or mis-spelling] from the Pommies. You remember Pommies, the Australians who actually haven't made the trip yet.

NG, you have the scenarios, play Sir Real in Rourke's Drift.

Rune

Actually, I'm not behind a bush at all. I'm in fact lying on the ground, in the open. Can't you tell?

Mr SirReal has learnt the value of not being seen. However he has chosen to reveal his location.

<font size = 10> KABOOM!!</font>

Mace

[ July 15, 2003, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Here you go, off in the grass and everything. 030660.JPG

Yeah, but he looks like he is lying next to a patio Don't you have any woods up there that doesn't have any concrete nearby?