Congratulations to Battlefront.com for taking the Wargamer Awards by storm!

Here is a link to the full story -- but for those wishing to cut to the chase:

It's official. With a tally of 7 gold and a silver, Big Time Software and Battlefront.com are the big winners in this year's Best of the Year competition. If they could only make it possible to (1) drive the tanks [sim], play the role of a commander rising through the ranks [RPG], and implement a nice strategic overlay, they could have had a near-sweep of the awards.
</font>

Congratulations, Steve, Charles, et al., and may you continue to produce, develop and sell many similarly fine offerings in the future!

Steve

It's great and well deserved news for CMBB and Battlefront. Let's not forget our friends at Panther Games for their excellent Airborne Assault (1?)!

Maybe the news is not so good for the Wargamer, which was just bought out. There are many things I like about the Military Gamer (the new owner), but their long time AWOL scenario download section is not one of them. Time will tell.

Originally posted by Commissar:

No surprise. Really, what competition did BFC and CMBB have?

Well in the Wargamer award alone, Hearts of Iron came second, Uncommon Valour came third, and all these other games got votes:-

Others receiving votes: Airborne Assault, Austerlitz - Napoleon's Greatest Victory,

Tac Ops 4, Squad Battles - Tour of Duty, Strategic Command, G.I. Combat, Panzer Campaigns 6 - Korsun Pocket, Age of Sail II - Privateer's Bounty, Armored Task Force, La Grande Armee at Austerlitz, Modern Campaigns 2 - Fulda Gap, Squad Battles - The Proud and the Few, Squad Battles - Eagle Strike, Panzer Campaigns 7 - Kursk, La Grande Armee 1806.

Is that enough competition?

Seems Computer Gaming World Magazine decided to throw us a little love as well in the April edition.

CMBB was just named CGW's 2003 Wargame of the Year!

They also dedicated 5 pages in their Gamers Edge section to CMBB.

GO US!

Madmatt

[ March 02, 2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

If they could only make it possible to (1) drive the tanks [sim], play the role of a commander rising through the ranks [RPG], and implement a nice strategic overlay, they could have had a near-sweep of the awards
What? No horses? Running MG teams? Bren Tripods?

Hee hee, they didn't want much more, did they?

Congrats guys!!!

Yep, just got my Computer Gaming World and saw that CMBB won best Wargame of the year! Tally Ho!

Was a disapointment that "GI Combat" did not win "Coaster Of The year" though! Oh well, I guess that "turd" of a game has gotten enough bashing with all of it's low scores.

Congrats Big Time and Battlefront!

Ah too much success will ruin you guys....may I suggest (for your future happiness) that you publish a complete failure of a game? - to tone down your luck karma.

I would suggest the game title, "Pee Wee Herman and the hunt for the pink bunny suit". After that critical and commercial disaster you can go back, chasten, to CM3.

Originally posted by Hans:

I would suggest the game title, "Pee Wee Herman and the hunt for the pink bunny suit". After that critical and commercial disaster you can go back, chasten, to CM3.

Will that be turn based, real-time or **shudder** WEGO?

Steve

For Mr.Spkr

That would be advanced real time, ie 1 minute of real time equals 1 second on your computer-plus the powerups would be invisable and and any time you lost you'd have to reboot..... and for added realism Pee Wee and the other zany characters would shout random verbal clips from Kung Fu movies.

actually congrats to victors