So when do we Europeans get the patch then?

Yes, I know "When it's ready"

OK So now that that answer is out of the way any feedback of a more constructive and/or, dare I say, precise nature.

I realise that this is the last patch and so it has to be right, but the beta release for the US market has been out for quite some time now and I haven't seen any recent posts about problems with it.....which may suggest that it seems to be ok and therefore possibly ready to be released for the CDV version.

My transformation from happy go lucky forum visitor to rabid refresh monkey has been accelerating at an unfortunately alarming rate recently and quite frankly my attention span has gone down the toilet as a result, so I'd like to know if I'm going to be thrown a bone to help me with this condition or should I just accept my fate and deal with it in as unobtrusive a manner as I can manage.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has to go through CDV quality assurance and the safedisk copy protection has to be applied.

I know BFC interviews in the past were very optimistic about the time this takes, but my experience with QA people and people who "just have to apply" something doesn't make me that optimistic.

Originally posted by redwolf:

It has to go through CDV quality assurance and the safedisk copy protection has to be applied.

I know BFC interviews in the past were very optimistic about the time this takes, but my experience with QA people and people who "just have to apply" something doesn't make me that optimistic.

That's probably true but I'm not actually questioning how long it's taking, after all, as the saying goes, I'd rather have it right than early. I'm just asking for a little bit of feedback such as "The patch has been supplied to CDV for their quality control" or "We're still ironing out a couple of bugs" or "we feel a bit more testing is required" anything in fact, because at the moment I feel that we CDV customers are being forgotten........I'm sure that's not the case but the people who were allowed to buy this game directly from BFC have got a patch and we who were forced to buy CDVs version haven't. I would have thought that at least we could be given a little info on maybe when we could expect something.

Don't buy the CDV version then.

It has been discussed all along from the moment that the CDV deal and the details were announced that the copy protection would get you exactly into this and other nasties like probably not being able to run the game in a few years when CD-ROM drives get back to only implement what is in the CD spec. You ignored the warnings, now you are stuck.

It has been discussed all along from the moment that the CDV deal and the details were announced that the copy protection would get you exactly into this and other nasties like probably not being able to run the game in a few years when CD-ROM drives get back to only implement what is in the CD spec. You ignored the warnings, now you are stuck.

Charming. It's not like we stuck our fingers in our ears and went "lalalalalala", you know. :rolleyes:

Only one little flaw in your theory about us ignoring the warnings and being stuck though Redwolf......WE HAD NO CHOICE!!!!!!!!!

we Europeans were not allowed to purchase the game directly from BFC so I had to buy the CDV version

I understand that for CMAK we will be given a choice as to where we purchase it from. You can rest assured that I certainly won't be getting a CDV version then.

Getting sidetracked or exchanging accusations is futile. All will be updated.

While I'm getting bored at all these "when does Europe get 1.03?" repetitions, not to mention all the "CDV is the Evil Empire" rants, I still would like to know some kinds of estimates. Like, is it going to be available within a month or not. 1.03 is an important patch, after all (if you're using 1.02) because of the 'unhittable AT-gun' bug.

While I'm getting bored at all these "when does Europe get 1.03?" repetitions,

What repetitions are those? I know there were a few at the beginning, but I haven't seen any threads lately enquiring as to when we'll be getting the patch, which is precisely why I thought it was timely to ask again.

I agree though that starting a slanging match is undesireable, and it certainly wasn't my intention. I just thought that maybe we CDV customers were perhaps due for a wee update.

Originally posted by Ant:

I agree though that starting a slanging match is undesireable, and it certainly wasn't my intention.

Yes, I didn't mean to insinuate that. I recall having seen quite a many of these enquiries in the past, but the main reason they bore me is that there never is a proper answer. I can just assume that the BFG (Battlefront guys) are up to so many things (final patch, the CMAK project, going for a Caribbean cruise) right now that they just are unwilling to start giving promises or voicing any hunches. Experience has shown that they're not very good at those estimates, anyway.

Yes. I agree that BFC giving promises, or even 'guesstimates' as to when the patch will arrive is undesireable as it can turn into a rod for their own backs. However, I would have thought that a small update as to what is actually happening now shouldn't be a problem, as they are only giving us a current fact and not a future committment. Even if they just tell us that it's still being worked on.

I emailed CDV directly and got a response from Gregor Bellman along the lines of "Patch? what patch? Be patient and it will be along soon no doubt." It was nice of CDV to get back to me but from the email I got the impression they are not sure what is going on with the patch, or that they knew it was in existence at all.

Remember, the U.S. doesn't have the final patch either. It's been awhile since the publically released Beta has been mentioned, which suggests to me that the public Beta's gone out-of-date and the patch has gone in-house again for further revisions.

The 1.02 patch took longer than expected too, but we don't want another 'unhittable gun' bug popping up unexpectedly on the final release!

Originally posted by Meach:

I emailed CDV directly and got a response from Gregor Bellman along the lines of "Patch? what patch? Be patient and it will be along soon no doubt." It was nice of CDV to get back to me but from the email I got the impression they are not sure what is going on with the patch, or that they knew it was in existence at all.

Thanks for the info. Not what I was hoping to hear though :(

No problem, I just thought I had better get some info from the source and they had none for me. You have to remember that it is only my impression from the email but I was a bit alarmed at the "patch you say?" tone of the email. Could be a long wait, chaps. I honestly thought it would be done and dusted by now but......

Originally posted by Meach:

oops

that is interesting :(

especially after what Redwolf posted

-tom w

The official 1.03 patch (both Battlefront and CDV versions) is undergoing final QA and preperations for release.

It is to be a coordinated release with Battlefront and CDV versions being released at the same time (or as close as the internet allows).

I have no firm release date for you to give but it should not be much longer.

Madmatt