So when do we Europeans get the patch then?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Madmatt:

The official 1.03 patch (both Battlefront and CDV versions) is undergoing final QA and preperations for release.

It is to be a coordinated release with Battlefront and CDV versions being released at the same time (or as close as the internet allows).

I have no firm release date for you to give but it should not be much longer.

Madmatt

Oh, that was so much better than the worn out cliche "It'll be out when it is done!"

WOW! Thank you Madmatt. Hope is renewed! smile.gif

Maybe Gregor Bellman is just a PR person then cos I emailed the general enquiries address to get that response. If the patch is just about ready then all good and well. Thanks for the update.

Edited cos of my spelling mistakes.

[ May 29, 2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Meach ]

I´ve spanish version of CDV, and I must say that here in Spain we´re not very happy with CDV... Maybe it could go better, but until now it has been a not very goog work, with 60 Mb patches, poor manual, difficoulties with downloaing patches...

Here in Spain we´re not very happy with CDV :(

PD: Greetings and excuse my bad english! :rolleyes:

hmmm,I did not trust CDV stuff anyway.

so I acted very smart and asked which of my fellow dutch friends would like to have a US version.

9 replied and I ordered 10 copies with the help of a friend in the US.... :D

no problems,no stress just CMBB as it was meant to be tongue.gif

I haven't heard a peep about a CMAK/CDV partnership, and it's interesting to read CMBB is planning (hoping?) to hit U.S. store shelves by the end of the year, like CMBO earlier this summer. Perhaps BFC's outgrowing the CDV partnership?

[ May 30, 2003, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I haven't heard a peep about a CMAK/CDV partnership, and it's interesting to read CMBB is planning (hoping?) to hit U.S. store shelves by the end of the year, like CMBO earlier this summer. Perhaps BFC's outgrowing the CDV partnership?

I thought I'd heard that BFC are doing a deal with CDV for CMAK. Anybody will be able to choose to either buy the CDV version in shops or the BFC version off the website, so no matter where you live you'll have a choice this time.

Originally posted by Stoffel:

I will give a call to my US friends once more just in case if..................we have to buy CMAK through CDV again.

How come? You should read the official CMAK FAQ. It states there clearly that this time around BFC will keep its right to sell the original version directly to Europe regardless of whom it chooses to be the European publishing partner. So no US friends are needed.

Originally posted by redwolf:

Don't buy the CDV version then.

It has been discussed all along from the moment that the CDV deal and the details were announced that the copy protection would get you exactly into this and other nasties like probably not being able to run the game in a few years when CD-ROM drives get back to only implement what is in the CD spec. You ignored the warnings, now you are stuck.

Fortunately there are virtual cd drives like DaemonTools (free, up to 4 drives). I have not used CBMO/CMBB disc for months now. The virtual cd is faster, silent, and always there.

And fortunately we can buy the next release again directly from BattleFront.

Waiting for the patch...

This is a tad dis-concerting. I uninstalled CMBB in it's entirety. That's all the mods I had installed too. I reinstalled CMBB and it ran fine no problem. I installed all the patches in order, and it works fine no problems. So I wonder what was causing the 'minimise' error before? It's not the prefs file, as I deleted it. I'm stumped. Still, FWIW it's working fine now, just without the mods.. Could it be a mod, like the interface or something?

When I installed the 1.03 patch first time round it asked me to restart the machine. What's all that about?

25Mb!! I thought Matt said 3Mb? Not to worry, getting it now, hope it works. Any more mention of the problems Phil Stanbridge had?

Sorry Phil, we posted at the same time, thanks for the update. I got my patch from the CDV website, well, followed a couple of links to a german site and got it there. Anyone else got it yet?

Edited cos I am a uber-chimp.

[ June 05, 2003, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Meach ]