The other UK tournament - NOWT special !

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Justin5471:

So, as I understand it, I should expect a setup from Nestor with him playing the Germans? Is this right?

Urm...Go Grrrrrrrreen...as I believe they used to say in..urm..some place a long time ago. Thingy.

Yep you should get a setup from Nestor with him as the Axis and you being the Allied.

Lou2000

Wicky from SEPTIC - The xtra points take into account the 10% caualtties the AI will pick off from your chosen force.

When it happened to me I thought my luck was in. That was until I discovered who never made it into the starting blocks!

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

Lou,

I e-mailed you but no reply so incase your hanging about here, heres the question

I set up the QB as per instructions and when I came to buy the stuff I had 1666 pts not 1500

is this ok/right?

let me know ASAP so i can kick this off

cheers

Originally posted by Mr Byte:

Lou,

I e-mailed you but no reply so incase your hanging about here, heres the question

I set up the QB as per instructions and when I came to buy the stuff I had 1666 pts not 1500

is this ok/right?

let me know ASAP so i can kick this off

cheers

Dont worry ... its as Wicky has explained (thanks Wicky) ... I got exactly the same.

Hope you spent those points wisely ... if you are hoping to read the book at the end :D .

I have a feeling I'll be ordering it from Amazon :rolleyes:

I didnt get yr email though :confused:

lou2000

Originally posted by Justin5471:

So, as I understand it, I should expect a setup from Nestor with him playing the Germans? Is this right?

Urm...Go Grrrrrrrreen...as I believe they used to say in..urm..some place a long time ago. Thingy.

It'll be with you tomorrow evening Justin - too late to do it now, I'd probably pick all trucks or something.

Well as a Boro fan I'm only too delighted to be playing in Red & I see I'm playing the top banana so I've a good excuse for my early elimination.

Lou, my file will be back with you shortly once I've figured out the most gamey force selection.

Good luck to everyone & thanks to Lou for taking the time & Apache for his generous prize.

Incidentally shall we post our game comments/taunts here or start another thread?

[ February 24, 2003, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: CSM Hollis ]

Originally posted by CSM Hollis:

..................I see I'm playing the top banana so I've a good excuse for my early elimination.................

.................Incidentally shall we post our game comments/taunts here or start another thread?

CSM... its 0600 and I've just got to work and comments like 'Top Banana' thrown in my direction are enough to make me choke on my coffee :D But I'll try not to make it too easy for you ;)

I think we can post comments and suitable taunts here ;) ... may as well keep it all in a single thread and not clog up the forum.

I had initially thought of moving to the opponenent finder forum .... as its now all to do with PBEM games, but as the forum has numerous other tourney threads, threads of waffle and peng and an ever increasing number of 'CM2/3 wish lists' I think everybodies favorite moderator and jailer (Moon) may let us reside here without hearing the jangle of his padlock keys :D

Mark - Not forgotten about you......

OK I have not see anything from Sergeant Pepper, so I propose we give him another 24hrs. I'll start making some moves this afternoon to get another player lined up for the

Green 4 = Mark Gallear Vs Red 4 = ? game.

and if we havent heard anything from Sgt Pepper by Wednesday morning then we'll have to bring on the sub. You will get your game !!

Does anybody have any problems, or not 100% sure who is doing the setup for their games ?

Lou2000

Just a message for anybody who does NOT currently have a play slot.

To be on the safe side I'm looking for 2 CMBB players to go on the standby list in case we have any early withdrawls.

Anywhere in the UK ... any level of play.

Post here or email me direct (email address in the profile)

If this tournament is a success I'm probably going to run another once this one is over ...

The two on standby WILL get first refusal on a place in the next tourney !

Lou2000

Athkatla - A good point .... nobody has yet reported any problems.

Mr Kain & Sergeant Pepper .... can you drop a post into this thread - or email me direct to confirm you are still in. If anybody knows either of these guys can you get in touch with them as we need some confirmation ... there are people waiting to play.

Thanks to Pester John - who offered his place to Sgt Pepper - and has agreed to go on standby if we need to give call in the reserve forces !

I'm still taking names for another reserve if there are any offers.

Webpage updated to show team placings. NOWT

Lou2000

:( Ahhhh don t believe my luck much thks to john for offering me a place top man,unfortunately thought i wasn t in so have taken extra work on .Seen as there are teams involved and i can t give it my unidivided i think john should go instead.

All the best john and to you lou for offering me the place and your time apologies again (gutted aint the word).

Good luck the mighty LFC i mean red team :D

PS

Im defo in for the next though Lou,damn work im going on the dole.LOL

Cheers

J Lad

[ February 25, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: Sergeant Pepper ]

Sergeant Pepper - Thanks for getting back in touch - Sorry you cant make it, maybe next time .......

... ..not to worry Pester John rides in to the rescue.

Mark Gallear - You should have a setup inbound sometime soon ! smile.gif

:confused: I have emails crossing all over the place at the moment ... NOT a good day for a lunchtime drink :D

Lou2000

Steve S - Glad to hear the setup file has been sent to me, and looking forward to the game.

Just thought you ought to know that the weather in Texas has gone crazy (ice storms,etc) and Dallas airport is apparently closed today.

If its still closed tomorrow, then I may be back late...

Sandy

Morning NOWT,

I have had no reports of anything going wrong or any problems with game setups, so I'm assuming everybody is happy. Sandy - thanks for letting SteveS know about the possible delay.

Has anybody actually exchanged fire yet ?

The game between CSM Hollis and myself is progressing nicely and im expecting to get to get some visual on those damn sneaky Russians sometime soon.

And just a reminder to all those who are playing against the Green team ...........You cant win, so surrender now while you have the chance :D

Lou2000