What's YOUR favorite part of ver. 1.02?

I'd say that an influx of postive vibes couldn't hurt. Could it?

Some may like the new textures. Some may like the bunkers that won't follow anything anymore ;) or maybe the reduced bogging of heavy vehicles.

Whatever YOUR favorite part is, my favorite part is the "Pure Armor" QB setting. IMO, it's worth the price of admission alone.

Say, what do YOU like the best?

smile.gif

Originally posted by -E:

I'd say the same, but I note I see ALOT of enemy infantry for a "pure armor" vs "pure armor" qb.

What are the parameters?

WWB

PS: by chance would the allies happen to be partisans?

[ February 12, 2003, 01:22 AM: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]

Well, I just tried 3 ALL ARMOUR QB's against the AI and they were a hoot! Each was a 3000pt assault against the AI as Russians. Based on the previous modelling, you would almost expect a total massacre against the Russkies, huh?

Well, did I get a BIG surprise.

1941 - Chose a mix of Stugs, PZIII's and PzIV's thinking "oh this will be a slaughter". Frontal assault to maximise Stug kill power. Hmmm. The AI friggin massacred me!!! A total allied victory!! The "New" Russian armour is MUCH tougher to kill in the early years! Gonna have to replay ALL previous games now MUCH MORE CAREFULLY as the Germans!(hehe)

1942 - Similar to above. But only a Major Allied victory this time. Cheezes wept!!!

1943 - At last. Feeling chagrined, I gamily chose 6 Tigers, 8 Ferdinands and 5 Panthers. 2 out of 19 afvs bogged on a long assault run over clear ground. (Excellent! Previously all those heavies would have been in potential danger of bogging on a long advance!) Lost 2 Ferdi's, 1 panther and a 1 tiger to hull down enemy fire. Remaining 15 tanks (some almost out of ammo - storm the flags and JUST manage a major victory in the last turn. But it was a tough approach and I had to push it to get 'em to the flags, lemme tell ya! This is MUCH better gameplay-wise now!! How realistic? I'm no grog expert, but it 'feels' very good now.

Good? Actually, IT WAS A HOOOT!!! Best fun I've had against the AI for some time now.

10/10 for this new modelling and ARMOUR ONLY QB option alone, BFC...

AJ

Hi BTS/Battlefront. Your European agent is annoying us poor customers again. No patch. No news of patch. No news that patch is even planned. They are doing you NO favours. I mentioned this with v1.01 and I am very close to not buying anything else from CDV, even your next product.

Please take pity on us poor Europeans. If I don't hear somthing soon, I will burst smile.gif

Anyone know if we will need to reapply/redo the European non PC Waffenhamsterss mods?

CDV should be releasing the patch before the weekend.

It was our decission to go *early* this time, I just had nothing better to do on a Tuesday night. :-p

Madmatt

p.s. You may recall that last time CDV released 1.01 before we did, so this time we beat them to the punch. Either way, shortly everyone will be able to get 1.02.

Not had time to run the patched game yet, but what is all this talk of "new modelling" benefitting early russian tanks as stated by Aussiejeff? Cant see anything about that in the patch readme - has there been some alteration that is going to make russian tanks like the T34 harder to kill from the front? Is that what you mean Aussiejeff? If so my current tcp operation with arch rival Zima is going to turn in the favour of the russians... and the russians are me. smile.gif

Cheers

Al

Originally posted by Alastair Anderson:

Not had time to run the patched game yet, but what is all this talk of "new modelling" benefitting early russian tanks as stated by Aussiejeff? Cant see anything about that in the patch readme - has there been some alteration that is going to make russian tanks like the T34 harder to kill from the front? Is that what you mean Aussiejeff? If so my current tcp operation with arch rival Zima is going to turn in the favour of the russians... and the russians are me. smile.gif

Cheers

Al

Hiya Al. The following info is contained within the CDV Patch 1.02 thread -

"Unit data changes:

* T-34, SU-85, SU-122 have an angle of 53 degrees for lower front hull

* Tanks of the KV-I series (exception KV-IS) have a 30 degree angle for lower front hull.

* SU-85, SU-100, SU-122 have an angle of 20 degrees for upper side hull

I am guessing that these 'minor' armour angle changes would slightly improve the survivability of the affected Russian tanks - enough to be noticeable. More play testing chaps!! Hop to it....

AJ

Originally posted by Alastair Anderson:

Cheers

Al

The thing that some people want to have changed is the behaviour of the angle distribution of the "curved" armor type. This would be the turret front for the T-34. The patch README neither mentions curved armor changes nor T-34 front turret.

[ February 12, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: redwolf ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

CDV should be releasing the patch before the weekend.

If I was you guys, I'd take a statement like that from Matt regarding a patch release date with a large, nay, humongous grain of salt.

[ February 12, 2003, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: -E ]

Hey Guys What do I need to fo with the 1.02 Patch to get my saved games to work. Will they or do I have to finnish my v1.01 games first. I receved CMBB and got the first patch on at the same time before I played any games last time. But now I have alot of games so that is why I am asking.

Thanks

Shoprat

See the HOW TO: Keep Both Versions thread to keep both versions.

The only place version differences are an issue are with PBEM games. They must be saved ingame then reloaded in the new version. Saved games against the AI will roll on unaffected.

WWB

Originally posted by aussiejeff:

Hiya Al. The following info is contained within the CDV Patch 1.02 thread -

"Unit data changes:

* Tanks of the KV-I series (exception KV-IS) have a 30 degree angle for lower front hull.

I am guessing that these 'minor' armour angle changes would slightly improve the survivability of the affected Russian tanks

AJ

Actually it downgrades most of them:

Before: 60 degrees

Before: 25 degrees

Before: SU-85:40 degrees, SU-122 & SU-100:30 degrees.

So the only AFV that is improved is the KV, which really is a though beast already.

[ February 12, 2003, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Panzer76 ]