Time for the ryder cup 2004

Kuniworth

Its seems that the US guys are more euphoric than the Euros...the only one showing interest in the Ryder Cup here is archibald....no word from our captian no word from another european players.

Whats up? The americans already have a complete team and we still dont know who is nominated or not. If there is no interest in this than let´s stop it.........what a blame. :(

I still offer to take part here and to bring along two Panzerliga players but i wanna see some action soon.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by zappsweden:

Comrade Trapp!

Why do u post in that other Ryder Cup topic?

It was not supposed to be used for discussion.

Just responding to his "predictions", in all fairness, those predictions should have been posted here and not on the official thread.

But your right, I will not post there again. This rule applies to both sides though.

. Zappsweden(euro) vs Rambo(NA) TCP/IP

2. Dragonheart(euro) vs Avatar(NA) TCP/IP

3. Kuniworth(euro) vs Liam(NA) TCP/IP

4. Dev0(euro) vs Comrade Trapp(NA) TCP/IP

5. Sombra(euro) vs Some_god(NA) TCP/IP

6. Archibald(euro) vs JerseyJohn PBEM

7. Wehrmacht(euro) vs Errantrecce(NA) PBEM

8. Rannug(euro) vs CraigRS(NA) PBEM

9. Kossuth(euro) vs Panzer39(NA) PBEM

Some_god, I got drafted by Königstiger a la Dragonheart to teach you that there is only one GOD.

Please contact via ICQ 336345303, or E-Mail. arne.amalia@surfeu.de to set up a date.From the bginning next week I am away from home for some time though it would be nice if we could start and finish the match this week? Which time zone do you live in?

To speed up the process:

My preferred rules:

- No rome gambit

- Everything else is allowed this includes italian gambit etc.

My first bid with 1:5:20 is: 175 MP for Axis

Wermacht... you poor silly leiderhosen wearing git. Once upon a time, Canada accepted the invitation to the dance Germany was holding in France, years before the US could be found mind you.

And when we arrived, we brought all our toys, our boys and the beer, and stayed til well after the party was over.

When we left, we left the host, Germany, in a shambles, in much much worse shape than we found her.

Do you really think that it will be any different this time? Everyime they've let the Canucks loose, we've always over-performed. I pray I can live up to our reputation.

I'll check my mail when i get home and we can get right into it.

Also, are the AAR's compulsory? I think that we will have a good go. Where could I, should I post it? Thanks in advance

[ April 26, 2004, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

Comrade Trapp's official predictions

1. Zappsweden(euro) vs. Rambo(NA) TCP/IP

Our fearless leader will score a quick win over the Euro leader, thus beginning a long and tedious defeat for the Euro dogs. Prediction: Rambo Wins.

2. Dragonheart(euro) vs. Avatar(NA) TCP/IP

Dragonheart is getting into the habit of talking smack, Avatar will quickly fix that. Prediction: Avatar Wins.

3. Kuniworth(euro) vs. Liam(NA) TCP/IP

This may be a tough one, Kuniworth is a veteran player, but then again so is Liam. But I’m not worried, Liam will pull though. Prediction: Liam Wins.

4. Dev0(euro) vs. Comrade Trapp(NA) TCP/IP

I don’t think I have to say anything about this one, it will be a rout. Prediction: Comrade Trapp Wins.

5. Sombra(euro) vs. Some_god(NA) TCP/IP

New blood against a long time member of the SC forum. Some_god isn’t quite a veteran player yet, but he definitely isn’t a newbie. Prediction: Some_god Wins.

6. Archibald(euro) vs. JerseyJohn PBEM

Now this one is gonna be a good game, two veterans players going up against each other. Archibald is a sneaky little bastard, but in the end, Jersey will be victorious.Prediction: JerseyJohn Wins.

7. Wehrmacht(euro) vs. Errantrecce(NA) PBEM

Errantrecce is sure to win a quick victory here. Prediction: Errantrecce Wins.

8. Rannug(euro) vs. CraigRS(NA) PBEM

This one may turn to be a problem, a newbie (CraigRS) against a long time member (Rannug). But I have faith, Craig won’t let us down. Prediction: CraigRS Wins.

9. Kossuth(euro) vs. Panzer39(NA) PBEM

The same as the last prediction, although this time in our favor. Panzer knows his way around SC; he will win with his knowledge of the game. Prediction: Panzer39 Wins.

Overall Prediction: The North American Coalition will rout the Euro dogs in a shut out victory. ;)

[ April 26, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Originally posted by CraigRS:

Quote "Prediction: CraigRS Wins"

I can't handle the pressure!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Never show weakness in front of the enemy again!

If you can't handle the pressure of serving your country, kill yourself and we'll have a competent player take your place. tongue.gif

Comrade

Your predictions, held up against Kuni's earlier erroneous ones, also reflects the contrast between the two warring cultures.

For one thing you didn't put yours in the Official Thread, showing an added bit of consideration for the players of both sides.

For another your's are not clouded by bias, they are well thought out, objective and fair to everyone! ;)

Onward, for Baseball, Mom and Apple Pie -- uh, and also for that bizarre Canadian game, Curling and fur trapping and whatever it is those guys do up in the frozen wastes -- I mean, uh, God's Own Canada! smile.gif

[ April 26, 2004, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Originally posted by JerseyJohn:

Comrade

Onward, for Baseball, Mom and Apple Pie -- uh, and also for that bizarre Canadian game, Curling and fur trapping and whatever it is those guys do up in the frozen wastes -- I mean, uh, God's Own Canada! smile.gif

Jersey. The Curling Championship was in my hometown Gavle, Sweden just some days ago. Sweden won but I did not even go watch a single game.

Curling is a great game. It's what you do, before you can play hockey, after you're too old to play hockey, wehen you're too drunk to be playing hockey, when you've forgotten your Equipment, so you can't play hockey or when you're waiting for your new dentures to settle in.. Frozen wastes he says.. please. You're just jealous. :D

I think that the Scot's developed Curling as the ultimate drinking sport... unlike hockey, baseball or rugby, there is no rushing about about.

There is next to no contact, aside from grabbing a new beer.

There is no need for fine motor skills, the rocks all weigh 30 pounds and you have to push it 50 feet.

and when and if you get bored with watching the game, that's always an excuse to start drinking and chatting up whoever/ whatever's near you.. lol.

So in summation, curling might just be the best thing that was ever created. After beer and women.

[ April 26, 2004, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: ErrantRecce1 ]

Zapp

Yes, I know the feeling, I've lived in and around New York City most of my life, there have been at least 20 world series, probably more, played within a few miles of where I was standing and I've never gone to any -- no, I went to one when I was around six, at Ebbet's Field in 1955 when the Dodgers finally beat the Yanks; I wasn't at the final game, though.

Hope next time you'll get to the match.

Errant

Of course I'm jealous, I'm envious of anyone who lives anywhere that isn't called New Jersey! :D

I'd like curling except all that sweeping reminds me too much of too many jobs I've had. ;)

[ April 26, 2004, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I dunno.. I am never comfortable when I am in a room with darts, and booze. WAY too many 'mishaps'.

At least in my expereince.

That is the pure joy of Curling, the rocks are 30 pounds, you're not going to accidentally lodge one of those in someone's ear, unless you really try. And it is entirely acceptable to finish you're beer to fortify yourself against your next throw, or sweep as the case may be.

And the rules are astoundingly simple for curling too, no tic tax toeing like darts.. " who ever is closest to the centre gets the point. " end of story.

Curling as my vote as the sport of champions.