Time for the ryder cup 2004

Kuniworth

As you remember team europe won an easy victory last year. I think the final score was 7-2 or something.

ANyway it is time to do it again.

New rules; all games are tcp/ip with w-league standard rules

We play team north america(not USA) - vs team europe

6 players on each team.

If the score ends 3-3 a deciding game will be played with the captains chosing who will play.

Two captains needed for team-selections. Make your nominations in thread below;

[ April 16, 2004, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Kuniworth ]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I had a great game against Archibald of the UK and we produced a great AAR, but in truth I have to say I'm too poor a player to really represent the U. S. A. and I have to say that Comrade was right about how I should have picked up his revolver and done the honorable thing. :eek: ;)

suicide.jpg

[ April 16, 2004, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Some_God

Last time we had this tournament there was an IP section and a PBEM section, the top players were IP and the rest of us played PBEM.

I made a mistake right off by overbidding for the Axis, but it was going alright except I wasted too much time in Norway and Sweden; even so it was only a turn too much time, but it cost the jump in the USSR. After the game it occurred to me that with all I was bidding I should also have made a condition that USSR readiness be adjusted to 0%, the game might have gone differently, but the truth is Archibald, who isn't very active now, is a very good player and I'm satisfied to have just given him a decent fight.

15 -- a sort of pre-adult, that's a good description. I had the most fun from 14 to 16 because nobody really knows what slot you fit into.

In the great beyond, if we get to choose our age as Kurt Vonnegut claims, I'll ask for eight, no one really bothers you and even if you go nuts you're too small to get into much trouble. :D

[ April 18, 2004, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Ok, I accept being Captain over team Europe. I sign in for Ryder Cup 2004. The rest of European players, SIGN IN so I can compile the list of dudes playing for the honour of Europe smile.gif

Hey Rambo, Europe has a strong team this year how about you??? tongue.gif;)

(The pre-cup Smack wars have already begun)

[ April 17, 2004, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by Terif:

Time for some new warriors - the next generation ;) ...I am too busy in the Panzerliga too.

You play 5-8 mirrored double games per month in PL and do not have time to play one Single game in this annual CUP?

You played last years Ryder Cup while playing a big amount of Z-League games.

Are a few "Punkte" (points) in Panzerliga that important? :rolleyes:

[ April 18, 2004, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

I'd be proud to lead team North America in the Ryder Cup...hey any South American dudes out there? Last year it was an All-American team, but we didn't get enough players. I believe the match was closer that advertised, mostly because of a forfiet due to a no show.

I'm also going to embrace the Canucks to the North & call on them to help us fight the Euros.

Looking for Iron Ranger, Liam, Avatar, C-Trapp, the young adults (CvM, Some_god), Sir Jersey, Les the Sarge, etc. If you're living on the "Left side of the Atlantic" please be prepared to battle.

Hopefully, enough want to play, or I'll have to start a military draft smile.gif

If anybody else would like to be Captain, that is cool too. I can be a wingman.

Rambo - Captain of Team USA

Rambo - Captain of Team North America (South too)

Rambo - Team player, embracing the Canucks.

Zapp, did you really want peace ?

Or why do you continue spamming me with requests for a game - and mostly with hidden accusations between the lines ? Do you really think you would get a game by bugging me and starting one thread after the other, post in others and even follow me in my AARs at Panzerliga...?

To make it clear once and forever:

I will NOT play you at SC 1 ever again - your latest actions just confirmed me in this decission once again.

You lost nearly 50 times against me. I even never had to use advanced strategies against you and - what I read from AARs and hear from others - it seems you didnt improve your gameplay. So the result if I would play you would be pretty clear.

But the most important: It doesnt make fun playing against you - it was no fun any more in our last games (every game was exactly the same...) and after all that happened between us, it is guaranteed for sure to be no fun.

I play games to have a good time and fun in my spare time - and SC is a game. It is not a duty and you simply have no claim to play a certain person. You cant force me to play you, at least this lesson you should have learned in the last months...

Terif. It is called smack talk baby! ;)

I did not accuse you of anything, just said I could beat you. I started a topic because i thought the "me vs him" sounded funny. Check the forum, the topic name is an imitation of Becephalus topic. If that is offensive to you so be it.

What is wrong anyway. Was it my 100.000 bid? Was it my cloths? LOL. Take a joke, dammit ;)

p.s It is now you should reply "IT IS NOT FUNNY! :mad: " :D

[ April 18, 2004, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Terif, Zapp, you're both nice ppl, can't we just all get along? Thanks, from all the rest of us. Terif, ignore Zapp, Zapp, ignore Terif. Problem solved, everyone's a winner.The only other solution would be to get counseling, and since you both live on the same continent, perhaps this is even possble.

Rambo, I'll your right hand man ;) sign me up

And Terif, I hope you are playing in this. You won't have to play Zapp, he's on your side

Originally posted by Avatar:

And Terif, I hope you are playing in this. You won't have to play Zapp, he's on your side

Interesting.

Avatar. Does this mean you doubt his reasons, why else would you post?

[ April 18, 2004, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Rambo, I'll your right hand man ;) sign me up
Don't even try it boy, I am Rambo's right hand man.

From Kuniworth's "History of the SC forum" website:

Comrade Trapp aka Pittsburgh smacking, Comrade, Newbie head-cracker

Rambo's wingman. Creator of sc hq and likes to smack newbies. After the Kuni-banning many thought Trapp was the next one to get suspended. Somehow he managed to stay in the saddle and follow the law. For how long?

Kuniworth's "History of the SC Forum" website.

You had best square your ass away and start ******* me Tiffany cufflinks or I will definitely **** you up! :D

[ April 18, 2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

CrapSweden --- The first Ryder Cup was a little fishy, recruiting was a little stretched by Puniworth. We have the Canucks this year to help us. You're crying isn't going to fly with me smile.gif

Canadians?

So, now we will see some guys in your team named Rupert or Mr.Spoon being the guys at Battlefront in disguice???

In that case, we better worry :(:D

Great thing about the Americans, I don't even have to "stretch" the recruiting. Sir Jersey is a MinuteMan from the East. There's an "assume Legend relationship" between the two of us. Comrade Trapp is are frickin's marines. "We like you Navy boys, everytime we gotta fight, you give us a ride" --- Lt. Kendrick in the movie Few Good Men. We Americans love the sting of battle. When I first came to Battlefront, I sensed all the GermanEuro Worship. USA is the greatest country ever, with the greatest people on the face of the Earth.

Battle Cry Yanks!

Damn the Torpedos, full speed ahead!

Give me Liberty or give me Death!

Don't shoot until you see the white of there eyes

Nuts! --- Bastogne baby.

I'm pumped...

"We are with you General" --- From the movie The Rock.

and the crowd cheered,"USA, USA, USA, USA..."

and the congregation said,"Amen"

and the Legend,"watch the patriotism now"