The Combat Mission Forum - Is this the busiest wargaming board on the net?

Manx

I know plenty of forums catering for wargames and such, but i don't recall anything that matches the traffic that we have here. I mean, we have more posts in a single thread than most boards do total. Can anyone prove me wrong? If so, point me to it. I'd like to see it.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manx:

I know plenty of forums catering for wargames and such, but i don't recall anything that matches the traffic that we have here. I mean, we have more posts in a single thread than most boards do total. Can anyone prove me wrong? If so, point me to it. I'd like to see it.

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]<hr></blockquote>

Just get back to work, smarty pants. tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Croda:

Historians are gamey bastages.<hr></blockquote>

Yes, I know for a fact that some historians are edge huggers and that there a few others who use crews offensively. There is also at least one who uses gamey jeep recon tactics. smile.gif

Nope. I know a bigger one! A much much bigger one (i think). It is not CM, nor a war game. it is a first person shooter mod for Half-Life. Maybe u have heard of it. Day of defeat. click here and find message boards on the left after opening. Click Here! You may have more posts and threads but far less members (i believe)

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Major Concussion ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Major Concussion:

Nope. I know a bigger one! A much much bigger one (i think). It is not CM, nor a war game. it is a first person shooter mod for Half-Life. Maybe u have heard of it. Day of defeat. click here and find message boards on the left after opening. Click Here! You may have more posts and threads but far less members (i believe)

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Major Concussion ]<hr></blockquote>

Heh, I don't think, as fun as it is, that DOD counts as a wargame. If you insist on going there however, I think the CS forum is probably bigger. :D

Here: Counter-Strike

Unfortunately, it's getting to be an ugly scene now. Oh well, guess I'll just have to switch back to DOD. :D

Nathanael

DoD, hahah. DoD isn't a wargame, far from it, good try though. Unfortunetly lot of the people on the DoD forums are morons, and don't know what they are talking about. They also do not listen to reason and no matter how much proof you show them on a subject, they never admit they're wrong.

I left that forum, it's pure crap!

This is the busiest wargaming board on the net because CM is the best computer wargame. (Yes, sucking up here, but it is true.) :D:D

As I have said before & in my humble opinion (& opinions are like noses, everyone has one), CM is by no means perfect, but it is better than any other wargame, game, program, etc. for the computer. Also, it is fun, fun, fun for us weird people. redface.gifredface.gif

Cheers, Richard tongue.giftongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manx:

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]<hr></blockquote>

I play Warhammer 40 000 by games workshop, though not realistic wargaming, their wargaming products are fantasy oriented.

There msg boards have grown so large that they have to wipe them once every few months for technical reasons smile.gif

http://www.games-workshop.com/community/messages.htm

But for historical wargaming, CM all the way.

:D

Check it from Counter Strike page...bring on the virtual gladiators.

"The CPL -- Thursday, December 6, 2001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The CPL World Championship has kicked off today and runs until the 9th at the Hyatt Regency in Dallas Texas. The event boasts $150,000 in cash prizes and over 900 competitors. Myself, Barney (Mr Fraggle), Pink from FLF, and a couple Valve and Gearbox guys will be present and it really should be a fun time for everyone. Don't hesitate to stop by if you're in the Dallas or surrounding areas."