The "Once and Whatever" Lurker #10; "A Roomful of Screaming Monkeys"

OK Ladies I am back for another installment.

Been awhile but better late than Red I always say!!

"What ya been up to there Capt?" I hear ya say. Well let's just say BUSY and leave it at that.

I have had time to have some wonderful arguments with the Outer Freaks in the General Forum. Freaks, Geeks and Rednecks..my, oh my.

"So just what sort of penetrating piece fo work are you going to bless us with this time" I hear you say.

Well nothing actually... Yup you heard me. I am not going to spout off on CMBB, BTS, The skin cleansing effects of drooling or the art of "off hand" self stimulation. No instead I think I am going hunting for the collective wisdom from the forum. Yup, a mile wide and an inch deep I have no doubt. "I learned everything I need to from Road Warrior"

OK here is the deal...

This is a thread which is looking for the single coolest CM related (Allah keep me from the General Forum and the Ratmen who live there!!) quote.

I have seen more than few in the sig columns and quite a few in actual posts themselves. I am looking for the witty, poignant and insane. Take your time and talk amongst yourself. Now the quote can be any which has been seen on the Forum or in a PBEM game which you have had. And needs to be a statement about CM.

"When I first saw the demo, I got so excited my left nut exploded"

"CM saved me from drugs and crime."

Please share and give back to the community. Long, short, whatever. We are looking for the Quote of Quotes.

The Top quote will be embossed in the opening credits of CMBB during the opening movie. No really...well ok we can lobby the lads to put it in there. They will probably say "No" (just like they do on just about everything, grumble, mumble) but we can try.

OK don't be shy. It has been said that 1000 monkey with 1000 typewriters will eventually produce Shakespeare.

Well we've got more monkeys than that on this forum so let's see what we can come up with.

I'll start

-Combat Mission boots up. "Holy Crap!!!!"

Now you.

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: The_Capt ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Capt:

"When I first saw the demo, I got so excited my left nut exploded"

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: The_Capt ]<hr></blockquote>

Ain't got no left nut. My left nut is a silicon based life form. :D

"Perhaps your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others." From one of those damned occupational "motivation" posters we've got littered around here at work.

Well met, Capt Lurk!!!! smile.gif You had seemed MIA long enough to me, that I started thinking that you had gotten caught between a couple of Bailey Bridge spans.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Spook:

From one of those damned occupational "motivation" posters we've got littered around here at work.

<hr></blockquote>

Oh, you poor sod. Our posters usually say stuff like "come on over and have a good time." :D

Here is a somewhat long quote but an absolute classic from John Kettler in response to his having to "endure" playing a number of Wild Bill Wilder's scenario's:

Wild Bill is not my shepherd,

I profoundly want.

He showeth me green pastures

Yet soweth them with wire and mines.

He girdeth them with pillboxes

Which laceth me with MG fire.

He granteth the foe dominant terrain

While he maketh me to attack in the open.

He plagueth me with mortars and artillery,

and seareth my flesh with tongues of fire.

He rendeth flesh from bone with iron chariots,

and crusheth and blasteth life from mine troops.

For these and worse is his name become accursed;

his work blighteth the spirit and saddeneth the heart.

Unless thou somehow winneth!

As I said, an absolute gem.

Regards

Jim R.

Heh ya I saw John's quote before, it is a classic.

Well I would say the response has been pretty thin so far...hmm makes me wonder what those damn monkeys are up to...

OK so I'll chmage the conditions.

Let's look for the all time stupidest quote ever posted on the forum. Now I realize there a line up of smart guys who may be foolish enough to see this as an opportunity to take a shot at the ol Capt. Be forewarned I am a horrible force of nature when raised to anger...Fear me for I am your God!!!!

Wow that probably shuld have come out in public, never mind.

OK I'll start

"Do those tracers come in different colours?"

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Capt:

Be forewarned I am a horrible force of nature when raised to anger...Fear me for I am your God!!!!<hr></blockquote>

I think you're jumping the gun, Herr Hauptmann. Khadaffy didn't have delusions like that until he made Colonel. And I think Idi Amin had the common courtesy to wait until he was a Brigadier.

:D

Then again, Hitler was a lowly Gefreiter...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I think you're jumping the gun, Herr Hauptmann. Khadaffy didn't have delusions like that until he made Colonel. And I think Idi Amin had the common courtesy to wait until he was a Brigadier.

:D

Then again, Hitler was a lowly Gefreiter...<hr></blockquote>

Khaddafi never said something like that...

Oh! Sorry! Wrong Forum. ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Oops, you're right Argie, he was the one too dumb to pass the test for promotion to Brigadier General, even though he administered the test himself and gave himself permission to cheat. My apologies to the Colonel, to the Khadaffy family and to the people of Libya.<hr></blockquote>

Do you really want to test my grogginess on Khadaffi? :D

Anyway, Idi Amin and him were very different kind of people, to not mention the Gefreiter :rolleyes:

Wasn't Idi Amin who did a statue of Hitler?

Do not slight the memory of President for Life, Field-Marshal, Idi Amin Dada, MC, VC and Bar, marksman badges!

Can anyone guess which of the above awards/decorations/titles/honorifics, Idi Amin was genuinely awarded/won on the field of battle? smile.gif Extra points if they can also indentify the leader of the regime which proved instrumental in his toppling?

BTW, at last report, Idi Amin Dada was living in Riyad with his extensive family. He apparently attempted in the mid-1990's to immigrate to the US to become a professional ten-pin bowling player.

The charges of cannibalism were made by the regime which toppled him and which was from a rival tribe, so I'd take them with a big pinch of salt.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ogadai:

Do not slight the memory of President for Life, Field-Marshal, Idi Amin Dada, MC, VC and Bar, marksman badges!

Can anyone guess which of the above awards/decorations/titles/honorifics, Idi Amin was genuinely awarded/won on the field of battle? smile.gif Extra points if they can also indentify the leader of the regime which proved instrumental in his toppling?

BTW, at last report, Idi Amin Dada was living in Riyad with his extensive family. He apparently attempted in the mid-1990's to immigrate to the US to become a professional ten-pin bowling player.

The charges of cannibalism were made by the regime which toppled him and which was from a rival tribe, so I'd take them with a big pinch of salt.<hr></blockquote>

And a healthy slathering of BBQ sauce!!!

Actually, the only real award he had was an MC (or was it MM, can't remember at the moment). All the other titles, including the VC and Bar were self-awarded. He won the MC in Burma, serving with the Kings Own African Rifles, as a Sergeant.

I see no one picked up the second question though. It was Q'adaffi of Libya who was in the end, instrumental in the toppling of Amin's regime. He sent several Tu-22 Blinder bombers to bomb Amin's strongholds and that did the trick, apparently.

I'm glad to someone picked up on the culinary hints. Long-pig anyone? smile.gif