The "Once and Whatever" Lurker #10; "A Roomful of Screaming Monkeys"

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ogadai:

Actually, the only real award he had was an MC (or was it MM, can't remember at the moment). All the other titles, including the VC and Bar were self-awarded. He won the MC in Burma, serving with the Kings Own African Rifles, as a Sergeant.

I see no one picked up the second question though. It was Q'adaffi of Libya who was in the end, instrumental in the toppling of Amin's regime. He sent several Tu-22 Blinder bombers to bomb Amin's strongholds and that did the trick, apparently.

I'm glad to someone picked up on the culinary hints. Long-pig anyone? smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

As a sergeant, he was not eligible for the MC, it would have been the MM. MC did go out to Warrant Officers, but even that was rare - usually went to officers.

Did not know he was in WW II. That too is interesting, thanks!

You're right, must have been an MM. Slim actually thought the Africans were pretty fair troops in Burma. Apparently the Japanese found it very hard to face them, they apparently scared them a great deal with their black skin which they likened to that of demons/devils. This was, of course, played up a great deal by the British Pysops troops. ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by redwolf:

I like the

"SS are overpriced hamsters!"

thread 007449 (how the hell do I get to threads in the archive by number?).

..and by Captain Wacky..

"I don't know who said this:

Great game, BTW. All the frustration of golf without the fresh air and exercise."<hr></blockquote>

Firrrstly, an' ain tha immidjit ainstance, Ah shud point oot tae any o' tha snot-gobblin', watery-eyed clumps o' damp navel lint shufflin' aboo thas post (tha'd bae yoo, Jimmy), tha both o' tha above raiferainces were sprung forth fraim mah ain Krishna like waill o' creative genius. Sae ye kin tak at ain turns tae ha' a wee dump an' fall back ain at.

Thirrdly, an' ain tha eighth ainstance, tha most shtyupid thang aiver said ain thas festerin' pit o' fumbled fonts wud bae "I used to make snakes out of clay. The hardest part was doing the legs." (Mensch, translated fraim tha Canadian aintae German aintae brogue an' aintae Merkin Ainglish at noo extra charge).

An' tae begin wi' af'n ye lookin' tae get ye flabby white spotty arrse kicked all aboot a stankin' CM map, gather ye conjugals an' haid aintae tha place tha cannae bae named. At's been a wee bat slow lately an' tha lads are lookin' tae eviscerate a freesh batch o' SSNs'. An' af'n ye're ainclined tae tak any of at seriously, ye'd better stay oot here wi' tha' festerin' grogs. We'll sort tha wretches fraim tha troo mons!

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStmpinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy