Peng just challenged my newborn son andwill still lose

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam Lloyd:

Seanachai,

In other words: No.

:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, that might be the gist, lad, perhaps the gist, but it hardly scrapes the surface of the world, lad, now does it?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Adam Lloyd:

Sod off? Is that as good as you guys can do? I mean, that's become such a bloody cliche here.

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Adam Lloyd ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I'm feeling expansive, tonight (Here, I heard those groans! You lot shut up, and I want every last one of you to come up with a decent quote from a song or poem by your next post!) I thought I'd spread myself a bit on the topic at hand.

Now, to the outsider, 'Sod Off' might sound like a trite, cliched expression, constantly vocalized here in the Peng Challenge Thread. But I could trace a pattern of useage, and chart for you the introduction, acceptance, and institutionalization of the simple phrase 'Sod Off' here within the Peng Challenge Thread, and reveal it to be as powerful a binding force as any of those phrases that not only enter into societal useage, but define it.

"For Thine is the Power and the Glory", "God Save the Queen", "I Pledge Allegiance To the Flag"; are not these all trite expressions we all learn by rote, in many ways shorn of all meaning to any given individual, and yet charged with emotion and identification?

Just so is "Sod Off" to the Peng Challenge Thread. Wherever I may wander, whenever I meet another man or woman, who, upon being soundly thrashed on the fields of digital combat, raises some limb or digit in a deragotary gesture and shouts: ‘Sod Off!’ I will know that I have come amongst one of my own. And I will look into their eyes, and make an obscene gesture, and shout:

Who Goes With Peng?

And when my ears ring with the response:

I’ll with Peng, then, you manky bastard, and I’ll put me foot up yer arse and use you and the mule you rode in on as a pair of wellingtons, just see if I don’t

then, Gentle reader, I will know that I am in my homeland.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvis.

we understand you are all tired and shagged out after your prolonged squawk. SO may we direct your attention to post #11 (reply # 10) {that's in outerboard counting gentleworms, simmer down - all will be well} of this particular thread in which - in an extremely out of character attempt at something resembling human empathy and compassion (FEH!)- I posted <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Wankers<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> to spare you the effort.

Now, Obviously you are too tired even to read a single post with a single word, yet not so tired that your grubby little paws couldn't be restrained from tappping out the same tattoo in mindless, mechanical tippy tappity tap tap yap tapping.

I suppose that this is what we can expect from you for the next several months or years until you learn to ignore the incessant yowling of your offspring, and the harpy-hissing screeches of your soon to be completely disgusted with you and your useless man-ways that can't pick up a sock or wash a dish or start the washer or change the goddam toilet paper roll when its empty! NO, OH NO WE CAN'T CHANGE A FRIGGIN ROLL OF TOILET PAPER CAN WE? NO BUT WE CAN BY GOD SIT ON THE COUCH ALL DAY WITH OUR HAND DOWN OUR TROUSERS WATHCING THE GOLF MATCH CANT WE? YOU ARE GODDAM RIGHT WE CAN! GET ME A BEER WENCH AND STOP THAT DAMN KID CRYING!

Goodnight Gracie

Peng

Um, thank yee Seanachai. Though your prose often rises to the summits of poetry, it also sometimes sinks into the nadir of jabberowcky. I thought my earlier, simpler answer would serve the GIT well, but upon reflection, I feel I should pull your soliloquy (everything with Seanachai is so...Robert Frostian) into a cool nugget of absolute crystalline TRUTH. To do this, I shall quote the one man who SHOULD be in the Mutha Beautiful, Charles Bukowski:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's not that I hate humanity, I just seem to feel better when they're not around. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seanachai, why is it that evertime I read your florid, gilded posts, it takes me back to the days of reading the poems my high-school girlfriend used to write? Is your real name Jennifer?

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Panzer Leader ]

Panties - you should really stop fantasising about other pengsters as pre-pubescent girls - the only one's stupid enough to consider you male!

Firstly of course they're all far too young for you you disgusting old goat-shagger!!

But secondly, and more importantly, the mere thought of you breeding makes a steaming lump of elephant **** dropped from a great height appeal as a means of contraception.

Should any of your offspring manage to accidentally grow to maturity it will undoubtably due to their unstoppable desire to exterminate the sire who inflicted their horror upon them. Probably by drowning you in a pile of steaming elephant ****.

But you're a ball-less wonder, so there's no need for us to panic, let alone investigate flying elephants......

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

As I'm feeling expansive, tonight (Here, I heard those groans! You lot shut up, and I want every last one of you to come up with a decent quote from a song or poem by your next post!)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... I cut down trees. I eat my lunch.

I go to the lavatory.

On Wednesdays I go shoppin'

And have buttered scones for tea.

I'm a Canadian, and I'm okay.

I sleep all night and I work all day

I cut down trees. I skip and jump.

I like to pick on fools

I boot up Combat Mission

And hang around in 'pools.

Has anybody seen my Siberian Hamster, answers to the name of Basil???.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Um, thank yee Seanachai. Though your prose often rises to the summits of poetry, it also sometimes sinks into the nadir of jabberowcky.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Besides the fact that it’s actually ‘Jabberwocky’, your statement is so much confused ****e, as ‘Jabberwocky’ is poetry, you tit, and the nadir of nothing, to coin a phrase. But thank you for the more coherent bits of thought you were capable of.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I thought my earlier, simpler answer would serve the GIT well, but upon reflection, I feel I should pull your soliloquy (everything with Seanachai is so...Robert Frostian) into a cool nugget of absolute crystalline TRUTH. To do this, I shall quote the one man who SHOULD be in the Mutha Beautiful, Charles Bukowski.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simple answers for simple minds, lad, and the beautiful complexity of the Universe needs be painted with complex passages and language wielded like the brushes of comical housepainters so that the full sweep and range of colours of meaning are splashed across the canvas of reality. Bukowski knew this, when he penned the title "Play the Piano Like a Percussion Instrument Until the Fingers Begin to Bleed a Bit". Myself, I will stay with a love of Yeats, and Eliot, and James Tate, of all things, but there are others who sing, and their song will be heard.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Seanachai, why is it that everytime I read your florid, gilded posts, it takes me back to the days of reading the poems my high-school girlfriend used to write? Is your real name Jennifer? .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can’t answer for your memories, lad, nor your longings. I’ve already known and loved more Jennifers, who were Guineveres, descending back into Gwenhwyfars, than you’re apt to meet for the rest of your slightly humourous life. She that was yours was one of mine, you know, and will be always. When you reach this point of realization, you will have reached a certain level of maturity. Now that you’ve named her, name the brightest moment about her. Or do you remember only yourself with her?

Tell us something real, and poetic, or shut the hell up.

It’s all you need do to arrive, and be accepted. The taunting will follow. Truth and beauty comes first, otherwise everything else is just vulgarity.

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

How old are you nattering crones, and have you nothing better to do than to prance about dumping ludicrous portions of meaningless bilge upon our fine and noble internet. Couldn't you, well, scratch in the dirt with a stick or something. YOU BRITISH TYPES HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS!

I believe SOD OFF! is the customary send off...

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Chris Cline ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Cline:

high pitched squeaking...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(ears perk up, sniffs suspiciously at the air)

What's that, I think I hear the nasally whine of an SSN! Who let the smudge fires go out??

Take post! release the hounds... on second thought, just release Bauhaus, he hasn't "fed" in a while. He should have the git treed in no time, then we can have some target practice.

Haha, I knew none of you would have the stones to offer a recourse!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm not technically a "BRITISH TYPE", but I'll see what I can scratch up here for a reply, because "recourse" doesn't actually mean what you think it means.

Here we go:

Haha, I knew none of you would have the stones to offer a recourse!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You posted idiocy, then waited three minutes to post that no one here had an answer to what an idiot you are.

I'd have to agree. It would take a period of several more minutes of introspection to come up with the proper terms to describe what a howling moron you are. Then again, those are minutes I'd never get back to use for something more entertaining, like contemplating why the gods created cockroaches.

On the whole, at this point, I'd rather come up with justifications for the existence of cockroaches than speculate on whether a quick and painful death will rid the gene pool of the rather tawdry threat you represent to the future of humanity.

I know. I'm just up very late and quite bored, and throwing out some random, insulting gibberish seemed like fun. Anyone out there interested in a TCP/IP some time tomorrow? I have a 100% win record and I fancy myself at least somewhat decent at the game, though it might just be my exhausted, caffeine-drugged brain speaking.

I know. I'm just up very late and quite bored, and throwing out some random, insulting gibberish seemed like fun. Anyone out there interested in a TCP/IP some time tomorrow? I have a 100% win record and I fancy myself at least somewhat decent at the game, though it might just be my exhausted, caffeine-drugged brain speaking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wallowing jackass alert. Respectfully request that all members ignore giddy idjit that shows up posting like a member of the Osmond family looking for a game. There are places for people like this. It is not here.

I know. I am a pathetic no-life stooge weary of whomping the mighty AI, and I am unable to maintain a manly persona for three sustained posts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could send the bloody rules registered mail to their burrows, and they'd still come out at night. Sheesh.

Lorak!

Not being one to gloat, but forced by your malfeasance to draw attention to yet another glittering jewel in my crown, note well the pounding of yet another wooden subpoena through the black heart of jdmorse, hereinafter referred to as Party of the Dead Part.

The insignificant loss to OGFS was a statistical anomaly, and there is certainly no need to clutter your records with outliers. Every glittering jewel needs a turd in the cap for contrast.

You may also add to the non-returning game-lapsing thumb-sucking bed-wetting Hall of Shame:

Virtually everyone here. The aforementioned Party of the Dead Part and the addled scot are apparently the only gutlings capable of finishing a game. But then, who wants a turn full of VT back?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>An old, mad, blind, despised, and dying Peng <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> was recently sighted, and visited some arty on my haid. He usually finishes 'em, just not the year they were started.

Milton always gets my blood up: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Farewell, happy fields. Hail horrors, hail, infernal world! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> My man was hip to the Cesspool when our Seanachai was just a syllable. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven! Heed well, boardie drive-by scum!

Stand by for the long awaited Return of the Lawyer's Challenge, a gentlemanly affair d'honor with few rules, no SSNs allowed, and valuable prizes. Special invitationals will have to be e-mailed to Foobar, the Introspective and the un-Pudlian Mannheim Tanker, who was nonetheless part of the original cast.

I have this great idea but I can never remember it sober....

PS: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Lorak!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Don't be wandering off like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris the Small:

I know. I'm just up past my bedtime, and throwing out some random, worthless gibberish seemed like fun. Anyone out there interested in a TCP/IP some time tomorrow? I have a 100% win record and I fancy myself at least somewhat decent at the game, though it might just be my exhausted, caffeine-drugged brain speaking.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

iv) Did you single someone out (probably the single easiest rule to remember)? No?

All together now....

You're a moron!

D) Did you show a bit of panache or wit (or just plain bile if you lack the wit)? No?

Everybody! (with feelin')...

You're a moron!

12) Did ya sound off like ya got a pair (and some small indication that you have a brain)? No?

How do you expect to end war if you can't sing any louder than that? Now sing out when it comes around again on the guitar...

You're a moron!

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant... BUT NOT HERE YA MORON!

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited to include the song reference required by Seanachai]

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Berlichtingen ]

Lorak!

Welcome back, you flea-ridden excuse for a tom-cat that finally quits yowling at your window night after frickken night, until at last, mercifully, it goes away to yowl at some other victims house into the wee-hours of the inky, insomnia laden night, but then you start to realize that you miss that old crank-tailed cat, like the way he purrs and tries to trip you up while you blearily stumble to get the paper of the porch, and then what do you know, after a couple of weeks, your heart soars as you see that old tom come back to your humble home, only to be awakened into that gibbering mad night of the Tom-cat Pavorati breathing through a tracheaotomy and holding a buzzer against the side of his throat.

I'm not sure if you saw it, but;

Aitken: draw.

Leeo: draw.

Glad your back!

Well, I guess it's been a good long while since I led one, so who's for a jolly sing-song?

A pretty girl is like a minstrel show:

It makes you laugh,

It makes you cry,

You go.

It just isn't the same on radio.

It's all about the makeup

And the dancing and the oohhh...

A pretty girl is like a violent crime:

if you do it wrong, you could do time.

But if you do it right,

it is sublime.

I'm

so in love with you, girl,

it's like I'm on the moon.

I can't really breathe,

but I feel... lighter.

A melody is like a pretty girl:

who cares if it's the dumbest in the world?

It's all about the way that it

un-furls.

A pretty girl is like...

A pretty girl.

Enough for Stephen Merritt for now, little ones. Back to work.

Agua Perdido

Halloo, Prang Threaters!

I thought I'd slink back in to these slimy precincts in order to post a quick SitRep of my opening moves with the much-neologized Panzer Leader...

Ah, Crodaburg. (Minor SPOILER ALERT I guess.) I can see why everyone who isn't playing it thinks it's sooo much fun.

Like some over-funded experiment in urban planning gone horribly, horribly wrong, Crodaberg sits atop its high-rent mesa surrounded by bunkers, pits, and wire. It's as if the mayor ordered a new set of sidewalks, but took delivery of the Atlantic Wall instead. Gentrification it most certainly is not.

Well, I've arranged my U.S. troops in a tricky fashion and have begun my initial probes towards the town. My vehicle crews are putting in a particularly fine showing, advancing boldly towards the rear, heads held high in fine march step, whistling "Chattanooga Choo-Choo" and "Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree" and etc. etc.

Meanwhile I have put paid to *several* 88mm bunkers with consummate luck and dumb skill. Serves them right, the gamey bastards: Hellooooo, it's an anti-aircraft weapon; you use it against BOMBERS. Geez. What would Mom and the all little frauleins think, sitting at home under daily visits from B-17s, while you waste precious, precious shells on Shermans and jeeps...?

Well, more to come. Meanwhile I'm more and more and impressed with the level of literacy exhibited here in the cess. Milton and Stephen Merritt! Be still ma heart. Papa was a rodeo.

Martyr

HEY! GUYS!

Tell me you DIDN'T nominate some else for WineCap and Treebusrt's little league thingy?!!!!

By all that is warma and fuzzy about him Marlow nominated me earlier!

Shandy Duncan always enjoys a little stiff (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more) Competition.

I nominate Jefe to kick some Boardie ass.

I am sorry I have been remiss in my posting duties but between school now and work I have little time to banter with you folk here let alone get my PBEM turns out on time.

BESIDES, FIONN IS PLAYING AND I WANT TO KICK HIS GUINESS DIRNKIN', POMPOUS HEINEY!

See, give me the thumbs up!

If not me then atleast PNzer... we then atleast have a chance for a good showing....

Vote Shandy!

Die,

Jeff

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: jshandorf ]

Feedle deedle dee, you all suck so bad. God, I'd forgotten how banal you human blackheads are.

Well, at least two of you have decent taste in music, pity one of you's a Scot and the other's a wiener.

I'd post a picture of Mr. T with a semi-witty caption or some **** now but to be honest I can't be bothered (lingering side-effect of the British general election), so just assume one's there.

Whatever. Updates.

Moriarty should shake a freaking leg if he wants to take this city before the end of the war. If I wanted to see Americans walking I'd go home. If I wanted to see poorly led Americans walking I'd visit one of my old jobs. If I wanted to see poorly led Americans with guns I'd go to Texas.

On the other hand I pretty much can't count on seeing poorly led Americans run out of burning buildings and get gunned down by Germans with submachine guns anytime soon (although it remains to be seen how Bush's European Vacation goes), so that's a plus I guess.

PawBroon is dying a lot. For the past five turns or so his bright ideas have amounted to either parking his tanks in the open and letting me kill them or driving his tanks into ambushes and letting me kill them. Proving that the French warrior spirit lives on. He may have one of the VLs, but he sure as hell doesn't have much else anymore.

StevetheRat walked a company or so onto my TRPs. Ha ha.

Now piss off.

WHA! Noooooooo!

Please tell me you numbnuts didn't nominate SteveMyAss as the representative from the Pool in the WineOff?

It can't be any clearer then my 4 a.m. piss that I should be representing you FOOLS!

Now get with it!

SteveMyHairyAss pulled out of the competition because of some boobs-a-plenty and making them do a happy dance on him or somefink. I don't care.

Anyway, with Marlow's (he does still count doesn't he?) nomination I put myself forward as the "second", and DAMMIT I am going to make you twat suckers prouder then a one-legged whore in a V.F.W parade.

Jeff

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: jshandorf ]

Hey shandork pull yer head out boy! Yer a' lookin' at the wrong tournament ya ignernt GIT.

Read mah ansir on th' Winecape Tournament II thread - thar's a link for ya ta follow to th' tourneymint yer lookin' fer.

Geez, con-sarn stoopid ka-niggets.

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Do mine eyes deceive me or is my Arch-enemy, that wretch Mrsphnctr have a slot in the coveted tourney? This is impossible, an outrage!! Surely no one would consider that oafish slob to have been a "personage of some acclaim" to warrent such inclusion!

As for you Getyerhandsoff I think your desire for the wine is causing you to act a little, shall we say, nervous.

I nominated once before, and I will say it again: Peng or Seanachai no one but them will do. They are the light and dark side of the Mutha Beautiful Force.

As for Mrsphnctr, it must be a fluke, there is NO WAY he could possible be representing the cess... is there?