CM Outpost - MAGUA TERRAIN PACK PREVIEW

Hi All

Magua has released a preview of his latest work, he is looking for your feedback.

Specifically he wants to know does the community want or need another set of scenery files.

Go to the site, check out the Pics and read the item, then come back here and post your views, please.

www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/pipeline.htm

Your vote counts. (Even from Florida.) wink.gif

DG

------------------

CM Outpost

[This message has been edited by DraGoon (edited 02-10-2001).]

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, a few questions:

Since the screenshots posted are not able to be expanded, I didnt get a very good look at the actual improvements made.

I really like the ski textures, fabulous stuff.

The building in the last shot looks magnificent, I hope the rest of them are like that (with modifications, as needed of course).

Is the grass improved? I cant really tell (No offence, I just need a closer look, is all!)

From what I can see, it looks good. Maybe I havent seen everything though, so am yet to be amazed even more!

Cheers!

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by DraGoon:

Hi All

Magua has released a preview of his latest work, he is looking for your feedback.

Specifically he wants to know does the community want or need another set of scenery files.

Go to the site, check out the Pics and read the item, then come back here and post your views, please.

DG

WOW! About a week ago, I was so impressed with Magua's buildings that I downloaded them right away. I will do the same with his scenery pack as soon as it is available. His work looks so realistic. It is like being there. There are no dark shading effects that makes everything look like it was covered in soot. Just natural looking terrain and the skies are simply gorgeous.

No offense meant to any of the other fine artists out there, but Magua's terrain is the best looking yet.

Magua, let your creativity flow!

It would help to be able to expand the screenshots, as already suggested, but my first impression is that the scenery is excellent, and I'd encourage Magua to complete them.

If he goes ahead, I hope that he decides to provide both low-res and high-res grass. For that matter, having low-res and high-res versions of all the mods would be great too. Of course, I'd also like a Porsche Boxster. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

[This message has been edited by Buckeye (edited 02-10-2001).]

Hmmm, judging from the screenshots, his work is looking -really- good. Would it be too much to ask for some more screenshots though? smile.gif I'd like to see more forest shots, and view 3 shots as well, just so we can see how it looks zoomed out. Anyway, I'm eagerly anticipating any more shots/progress on this mod. Good work Mag, and do keep it up! smile.gif

Guest highlife

I think they look superb! Maybe they could include batch files like some of the vehicle mods so you could select "Normandy" or "Ardennes" etc. I will definately use and enjoy anything that Magua does.

Hi DraGoon et al

Do we NEED another scenery Mod ? hmm.....

Do we WANT another scenery Mod ?

Oh most definately YES smile.gif

I use Maguas buildings (PzTruppens are good as well) and I think his idea for Scenery packs for differeing regions in CMBO is inspired.

The Normandy terrain shots at CM Outpost are almost photorealistic and he must be encouraged (or threatened if needs be !) to complete these smile.gif

Cheers

a still drooling

Gary Barr

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK

When I saw the words " preview of Magua's latest work " I quickly clicked on the link and was not disappointed. WOW!

I was born in France ,lived there for years and have visited Normandy more than once, and these screenshots remind me the Normandy's atmosphere.The last building is gorgeous:a genuine Normandy's building!

Can't wait to add them to Magua's terrain and buildings .

Hi All

DG

Who is this masked man? And who are you who does all his speaking for him? His personal assistant or just his alter ego?

As to the mods themselves, they look great as always. Can't wait to download them as I already have his buildings installed. One question though: Are there doors for that last building? I seem to make out something that resembles doors but they look a bit faded.

Also, I noticed that all his buildings seem to have that lower layer of stone with the windows above that. Was this really how those buildings were built back then and does anybody know why?

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

[This message has been edited by Colonel_Deadmarsh (edited 02-10-2001).]