Most anticipated Soviet vehicles for CM2

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Greetings

I guess we all are looking forward to the new vehicles appearing in CM2. But what vehicle are looking forward to the most?

I myself cannot wait to try the ISU-152 assault gun. It must be incredible effective against soft targets! It will also be interesting to see how the T-34 tank series compares to the German tanks in battle.

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

And my Panzer Elite site:

25th-pzrgt.de

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question reminds me how absolutely vital it is that BTS manages to somehow capture the feel of those multifaceted battle fields of the east.

CM:BO is nothing compared to with what it will take to portray a campaign of such scope in time, men and materiel.

Thinking about it I seriously doubt they will be able to pull it off in the few months remaining to fall 2001. If the get delayed, no one should be surprised because this is the big one.

Indeed, if they manage to do a game that does the war in the east justice, it will be a true testament of genius.

M.

Saddly the one I want to game the most won't be in the game, the demo mini-tank Goliath.

But having BT5s and BT7s to run around will also be fun. The other vehicle would be teh T35 but I understand there is a problem with multiturret vehicles in CM

MikeT

I don't think you'll see too many Panthers OR Tigers on the Great Steppes of Russia.

As far as I remember, there were no Tigers involved in Barbarossa and very few Panthers only towards the end.

No my friend, you will have to make do with the humbe PzIb, and eventually the Pz35t.

I remember playing East Front how happy I was to finally get an upgrade to the PzIII -- I was in heaven, what a POWERFUL tank that is, I thought.

Actually, even in CM:BO my favorite tanks are the PzIII and the PzIVh.

The panther is hard to beat of course, and I am currently using my first one in a QB (to the dismay of my opponent) but I never feel the need or urge to use a Tiger or KT.

But I love that their cost allows me to purchase 4-6 of the Lynx's for the same price as a heavy.

> As far as I remember, there were no Tigers

> involved in Barbarossa and very few

> Panthers only towards the end.

Neither Tigers no Panthers took part in BARBAROSSA. However, both were introduced on Ostfront, in 1942 and 1943, respectively. Even King Tiger's first appearance on the battlefield (a reinforced heavy tank batallion attack that ended up in fiasco) also happened on Ostfront, in 1944.

I want to use my IS-2s against the pesky German cats (Panther, Tigers). I want to also see how great he HE capability of the IS-2s is in the game. I can finally build my own heavy breakthrough unit.

[This message has been edited by Commissar (edited 03-29-2001).]

Heinz 25th PzReg wrote:

I guess we all are looking forward to the new vehicles appearing in CM2. But what vehicle are looking forward to the most?

T-37! T-37!

Feel the thrill trying to escape attacking Panzer Is. Cross a lake with it. Try to swarm a single defending captured Hotchkiss with a platoon of them and fail miserably.

- Tommi

Guest Mikey D

I am curious how the little PzII with long 50mm gun does in battle. I understand the PzIII was pretty well liked by the troops before technology overtook it.

Also curious how the big KV1 does in the early battles.

Guest KwazyDog

Thats strange, no one mentioned the T-34. I think they are going to be a very hard nut to crack for the Germans when they first appear wink.gif

Heinz, from what Ive read the ISU-152 will not only be good against soft skinned vehicles, apparently the shell was so large that even a near miss was enough to wreck any German tank near by.

For me though, I think as the German player the thing I will fear most is an IS-2. Those things really are going to be beasts to kill smile.gif

Dan

I'm looking forward to Nashorns. Hopefully they'll be a little more effective on the steppes than they are now.

I'm also looking forward to the early T-34s, because I want to see how they compare to the Pz IIs and IIIs. Plus, I still want to know how BTS plans to model their unreliable turret traverse.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

I nearly forgot the KV-2

It has a 152mm howitzer and was available in 1941! Together with the KV-1 it will be a tough nut to crack with those 37mm German guns!

Text from the Russian Battlefield website:

"A single KV-1 made a stand near a road not far from Ostrov (Baltic states) and delayed the whole German tank army. The battle casualties: 7 German tanks, an anti-tank battery, one 88 mm AA-gun and all it crew, 4 halftracks "Hanomag", and 12 trucks. This tank was destroyed on the next day with German 88 mm AA-gun. The KV-1 tank could be destroyed only with 88 mm heavy AA-guns or with 105 mm howitzers. The 105 mm howitzer couldn't penetrate the KV's armor but could immobilize it with a track hit."

That will make a cool scenario in CM2!

Visit this page for more Russian vehicles:

http://history.vif2.ru/map.html

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

And my Panzer Elite site:

25th-pzrgt.de

[This message has been edited by Heinz 25th PzReg (edited 03-29-2001).]

Yeah I can't wait to take a Tiger against those slow-firing IS-2's > smile.gif

Soviet vehicle most looking forward to: the T-34

German Vehicle: the Ferdinand. I even bought the "Combat History of Schwere Panzerjäger Abteilung 653" by Karlheinz Münch. Hundreds of photos of Ferinands, et. al.!!! cool.gif

-Tiger

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Heinz, from what Ive read the ISU-152 will not only be good against soft skinned vehicles, apparently the shell was so large that even a near miss was enough to wreck any German tank near by.

I remember that from CC2, but I thought it was a flaw in the game. It was cool to see one shot from the ISU-152 take out a platoon of Panthers. Will the ISU-152 be that potent in CM2?