what about a tourney for the rest of us?

i keep reading the posts on the tourneys going on right now, and i cant help but feel left out. i feel like the fat kid who didnt get picked to play basketball. shoot, wheres my candy?

it came up a few weeks ago, so are we ever going to have a tourney for those of us who are newer?

or how about a regional tourney in the US? west coast tourney?

is there still interest in a newer (from 'just got the game' to 'ive had it for about 6 months') player tourney OR a US regional tourney? a good old Christmas Break Bash for all of us College students!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

i keep reading the posts on the tourneys going on right now, and i cant help but feel left out. i feel like the fat kid who didnt get picked to play basketball. shoot, wheres my candy?

it came up a few weeks ago, so are we ever going to have a tourney for those of us who are newer?

or how about a regional tourney in the US? west coast tourney?

is there still interest in a newer (from 'just got the game' to 'ive had it for about 6 months') player tourney OR a US regional tourney? a good old Christmas Break Bash for all of us College students!<hr></blockquote>

Ahhh.. So you were the kid that always got smacked first, and in the face, with one of those super bouncy rubber balls in dodge ball.

Sorry about breakin' your glasses...

Nerd!

Jeff

[ 11-30-2001: Message edited by: jshandorf ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Ahhh.. So you were the kid that always got smacked first, and in the face, with one of those super bouncy rubber balls in dodge ball.

Sorry about breakin' your glasses...

Nerd!

Jeff<hr></blockquote>

so that was you who always pushed me down and called me fatso!

supper duper nerd face jerkie bullie!

chad nevergottoplaybasketballwheniwasakid 'harrison'

so that was you who always pushed me down and called me fatso!

supper duper nerd face jerkie bullie!

chad nevergottoplaybasketballwheniwasakid 'harrison'<hr></blockquote>

Duuude, during recess you are soooooo dead.

Jeff

Originally posted by redwolf:

You might want to renew this thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=022121[/Q UOTE]

thanks for the post redwolf. thats the post i was making reference too above.

it just seemed to end undecided whether or not it would happen. i skimmed through it again, did i miss that someone was going to start one up??? if not, are we all going to start one?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Guys,

I am not going to promoise anything here, but........if you can convince me why I should do something as stoopid ( ;) ) as running a tournament, I will CONSIDER doing it.<hr></blockquote>

Think of the fun you had negotiating with Fionn in the Invitational.

Multilply that by 30 players - you get to referee pregame negotiations for all of them, plus feel the joy when half of them pull out of the tourney half way through.

You can't pay for fun like that, Ted.

Guys,

I am not going to promoise anything here, but........if you can convince me why I should do something as stoopid ( ;) ) as running a tournament, I will CONSIDER doing it.<hr></blockquote>

my high school football coach told me that running around the track in the snow would build character.

ted, this will build character. and not only that, think of the service you will do for those of us who dont have a place in CM land yet. id be thrilled to see you do it.

chad 'harrison'

BTW, if that didnt convince you, ill have my wife make you some of her cinnamon rolls. youll have to come to arizona for them, but it will be worth it. ;)

...BTW, if that didnt convince you, ill have my wife make you some of her cinnamon rolls. youll have to come to arizona for them, but it will be worth it. ;)

<hr></blockquote>

Chad,

That's tempting...

Attaboy, Chad. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'd be very much interested in a west coast tournament (it would certainly facilitate TCP/IP play) but I wouldn't be available until sometime after the new year starts due to a previous [mumble] commitment.

Let's go, Su-perTed, let's go!

Chad,

That's tempting...<hr></blockquote>

now ted, these are not the 'pillsbury doughboy' kind. im talking about from scratch. take em out of the oven when they are still soft, top em with fresh cream cheese frosting. eat em right out of the oven.

ted, it would be worth it smile.gif

and id be happy to help in anyway possible (even if it includes thus mentioned cinnamon roles)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Duuude, during recess you are soooooo dead.

Jeff<hr></blockquote>

My dear Mr. Harrison. Please take no notice our Geoffrey, as the lad is quite disturbed. We try, and we try, but he will behave so willfully. He is a burden to us of the Peng Challenge Thread, but there, what are we to do?

Whatever you do, do not accept an invitation to play him. Although an able player, he is ungentelmanly, and we do not wish his behaviour condoned.

Good luck and best wishes on your search for a tournament for 'the rest of us'.

Oh, and SuperTed. Your proposed approach to running a tournament is noted with approval. I was appalled to hear of all the maneuvering, whinging, and posturing involved with the 'Invitational'.

I'd rather play a fair and challenging game than attempt to make sure the conditions gave me the best opportunity to win, and I'd rather put in a good solid effort and lose, rather than scream like an affronted eunuch because everything wasn't to my satisfaction.

This is why, in the Peng Challenge Thread, there is so little emphasis placed on 'winning', and so much more placed on 'playing, and putting the boot in'.

The most vile display of taunting in the Peng Challenge Thread simply doesn't hold a candle to 'tournament whores' niggling over every little detail of their obsessive need to 'win'.

Seanachai wrote:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>The most vile display of taunting in the Peng Challenge Thread simply doesn't hold a candle to 'tournament whores' niggling over every little detail of their obsessive need to 'win'. <hr></blockquote>

I agree completely. Fortunately, by removing force purchasing from tournaments through the use of designed scenarios that problem is negligible now. It should also be noted that the remaining Invitational players are getting along nicely. smile.gif

I'll run a tournament for Chad Harrison this spring. You're already in, Chad! I'd start one now but I'm up to my ears in tournaments for the next couple months.

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

...I offer really good chocolate chip cookies...

<hr></blockquote>

With those and the rolls I'll never be in shape for World Cup 2002. :eek:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

...You really don't have much to do until around April, 2002...

<hr></blockquote>

Uh, that would be nice. :cool:

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: SuperTed ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I agree completely. Fortunately, by removing force purchasing from tournaments through the use of designed scenarios that problem is negligible now. It should also be noted that the remaining Invitational players are getting along nicely. smile.gif

I'll run a tournament for Chad Harrison this spring. You're already in, Chad! I'd start one now but I'm up to my ears in tournaments for the next couple months.

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

You, sir, I always found to be a gentleman.

Should you ever enter the Peng Challenge Thread as a member, I will treat you with somewhat less cruelty than others.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Seanachai ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

I agree completely. Fortunately, by removing force purchasing from tournaments through the use of designed scenarios that problem is negligible now. It should also be noted that the remaining Invitational players are getting along nicely. smile.gif

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

treeburst, i would be honored to have you run a tourney for 'the rest of us'. i think it would be a great chance for some of the newer CMers to get their feet wet, meet some new people, and most importantly have fun!

Guys,

Okay, now you've got me thinking...<hr></blockquote>

come on ted, your already one of our heros. if you did this for us, that would promote you to super hero! remember its not what the CM community can do for you, its how many cinnamon rolls you get for doing MORE for the CM community. smile.gif theres always a price, isnt there.

chad 'harrison'

Hmm, I already have the cape...<hr></blockquote>

and look ted, SUPER is already in your name, so that means that you are predestined to do it for us.

a thought had crossed my mind this morning. if treeburst can do one around april, we will *hopefully* have CMBB by then, and that tourney could be one of the first CMBB tournies. needless to say that would be spectacular because we will all be new to the game!

SO, before that we could have a CMBO tourney hosted by the SUPERted. what do you say ted? you could go down in CMhistory as one of the last pre CMBB tourney ring leaders? oh yeah, and dont forget the cinnamon roles. smile.gif

chad 'harrison'