what about a tourney for the rest of us?

Yeah, SuperTed!

You could run a "Newbie Tournament". Nobody with member numbers under 6000 allowed. If you don't do it I just might have to break down for poor Chad. ;)

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. Thanks, Seanachai. I appreciate the compliment and have always thought the same of you. Long live the Mutha Beautiful Thread!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

...Nobody with member numbers under 6000 allowed...

<hr></blockquote>

Mike,

That's not a bad idea.

I am starting to lean in that direction. However, I need to sit down and hammer out some details before I can commit. I do know it would be small (no more than 16 participants AND scenarios no larger than "Small") and would include some of my whacky creations from over the last seventeen months. Also, I am toying with the mechanics of making it a triple-blind tournament. Stay tuned...

TB155,

Agreed. I don't want to get involved with a long, drawn-out event. So, I think the small scenarios will lend themselves to quick play.

Triple-blind is having neither player knowing the scenario (prior to play) or their opponent (proir to AND during play).

i think we have something great brewing here now. i am all for the 'none under 6000' rule. about 5 games to the end, and each being smaller would end it in good time. using pre made battles would also solve a world of troubles and rules. then all we can do is just play.

TB155, then when CMBB comes out perhaps we can all put together a tourney around april open to everyone? with CMBB being new then, im sure there will be a LOT of interest for a tourney with our new toy smile.gif

this is better than being the fat kid who finally got picked for the basketball team! thanks fellas.

chad 'harrison'

[ 12-01-2001: Message edited by: Chad Harrison ]</p>

I like the triple blind idea. That's an original twist. Stoffel's suggestion is great too for keeping things real simple. No scoring problems, no gamey problems, etc..

I played in Iron Duke's second tournament and had a blast. Anything goes with tactics, and crazy maps. It was a lot of fun. The knockout tourney type is not as good a measure of player skill relative to the others, but it's just as fun.

Treeburst155 out.

Hi Mike,

As you know I played that tourney too smile.gif

got knocked out in the third round though :(

this sort of setups are the easiest,and you know the problems some guys had to end their games,let alone the trouble you can get with 5 games

so after all a knockout tourney where everything is possible seems the best solution too me

btw did you find your tacops CD back again smile.gif

there will be a new version coming out at the same time as CM2

Chad,

There will be plenty of tournaments after CMBB comes out. On the first come/ first serve ones you have to be fast. Check the forum every day once CMBB comes out.

Stoffel,

Yes, I found my Tacops CD. I've also got a TacOps map I was working on. It's rather good I think, but it's unfinished. I still need to assign the terrain values. If only there was more time. I love TacOps. I will buy the Major's new version as soon as it comes out. I've also got his field manual CD. There's some very interesting stuff in there.

OK, back on topic. So SuperTed, are the newbies having a tournament?

Treeburst155 out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Guys,

I have been working on the details today. I'll start a new thread to make the official announcement once I have everything squared away. It should be sometime Sunday evening (GMT -6:00).<hr></blockquote>

ted,

ill thank you now for doing this for us. from the post that we had before, i know that there will be a lot of interest in this, and i appreciate your goodness in doing this.

you have now been promoted to SUPERted in my book!

chad

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Chad,

Thanks. Does that mean I get the red boots that match my cape? smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

do you know stupendous man? kind of like that, except you wont have hobbs as a sidekick, and susie derkins wont be your cause of pain. instead youll have manx as your sidekick, and a bunch of us 'kids' in your tournament! smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Treeburst155:

So the Newbie Tournament is a reality. That's great news, SuperTed. I'll help you playtest a scenario or two for the tourney if you want.

Treeburst155 out.<hr></blockquote>

Thanks, Mike, but I don't think that will be necessary. If it is, you'll be the first victim. ;)