Player Base

The CM players are usually based on their asses, as sitting in front of the computer is his normal position. The usual size of such bases have been growing for a pair of years by now... My guess is that the size of most players' bases are now around double fold from standard... But is just a guess, some grog must have the exact numbers.

Well they look pretty damned big to me. The ones for the tanks in particular are good sized bases. The AT Infantry and snipers, OTOH, are quite a bit smaller. Mind the Brit bases are hard to see in the fall foliage.

As to the units it really depends on the size of the QB scenario and whether you buy a lot of cheap units or just a few expensive ones.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask any questions, we're here for you man.

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...As to the units it really depends on the size of the QB scenario and whether you buy a lot of cheap units or just a few expensive ones...<hr></blockquote>

Ah yes, good point. Though I think that JacMac (Scottish mebee? OGSF - is he one of yours?) seeks the total number of units sold. Well, if you added all the units sold, in all the QBs played to date I think you would find that the number is more than several dozen. Or sumfink.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> What about renting it by the hour? Is that ok? <hr></blockquote>

:mad: :mad: Oh, great. So I find this out after I'm married, and it's not even mine any more. You know how that goes -- they don't like you playing games with your unit, esp. not a QuickieBattle. :mad: :mad:

(And yes, I'm leaving the gutter now before it carries me off to the CessPool....)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Poor JacMac, he comes in here with an honest question and you guys run circles around him.

For shame....<hr></blockquote>Hey ... you can't just drop in and give us that kind of opening, My GAWD man we're ONLY HUMAN :D

But if you insist {spoilsport}

BTS has consistently refused to release information on their sales.

THERE ... oh, I didn't see YOU jumping in with that information there pal smile.gif

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Hey ... you can't just drop in and give us that kind of opening, My GAWD man we're ONLY HUMAN :D

But if you insist {spoilsport}

BTS has consistently refused to release information on their sales.

THERE ... oh, I didn't see YOU jumping in with that information there pal smile.gif

Joe<hr></blockquote>

Hehehe, guilty as charged redface.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

As for units, I've found that the best ones are Red Devils, followed by SS Rifle 45s.<hr></blockquote>

I've got a whole Battalion of (regular) SS Rifle 45s in one of my pbems. Mmmmmmm, MP-44s, mmmmmmmm. Throw in a Tiger, some Nebelwerfers, and some Beck's....I'm a big fan.

The reason I asked is I want to know how many of you punks I have to beat to the punch when CMBB finally comes out!

I guess the answer is that nobody here really knows.. I'd hazard a guess at around 100,000 units by now. If it hasn't sold that many, it should have based on awards alone.

I guess you deserve a serious answer. This question has been asked sooo many times before so I guess thats why noone is taking this serious. But look at it from the bright side, at least noone told you to do a search :)

Short answer. BTS wont tell :-(

Long answer. Do a search :) and try reading between the lines in Steves posts. They've been out of stock three(?) times(10,000 each print run?). I think he once said that the sales figures from their internet-only should equal around 200,000+ copies sold. Another time he said that internet-only equals 10 times the copies sold in stores. There are 7000+ registered posters on this board. How many customers will register here? I think one of ten is too few and everyobne is too much, say one out of five. All this points to something close to 30,000. But all this was said a long time ago so maybe closer to 40,000. And now they have also began to sell the game in germany(other countries?). Just make your own guess/estimate. It cant be much worse than mine ;)

Kristian

ps I hope Im really wrong on the figures. They sure have deserved to sell at least a million copies. Well actuallu more, but lets not get greedy.

I remember Steve saying that only about every 10th person is registered on the board.

And that was a long time ago, and usually the more active people (who are more likely to aprticipiate in a community activity) are those who jump early into the boat, so the quote may be even less by now. So 70000 - 100000 sounds good to me.

My job is printing CD's in a large UK company.

So judging by how well other games sell I would say 50,000 in runs of 10,000 a time.

Though these guys don't operate by selling through the usual outlets so it is hard to really know without 'chart' standings.