BTS: please come up with a unique title for CM2

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CM2: PENG in Pskov!

CM2: Hitler's Bright Idea.

CM2: Slav to Passion!

CM2: On the BTS Payroll for Another 6 Months.

CM2: Enemy at the Grogs.

CM2: Party with the Partisans.

------------------

"I send you a kaffis of mustard seed, that you may taste and acknowledge the bitterness of my victory."

"Legal advice is very often divorced from reality in my humble opinion" - BTS

Guest Germanboy

Originally posted by Iskander:

CM2: PENG in Pskov!

CM2: Hitler's Bright Idea.

CM2: Slav to Passion!

CM2: On the BTS Payroll for Another 6 Months.

CM2: Enemy at the Grogs.

CM2: Party with the Partisans.

Iskander, come back to the Peng Thread, all is forgiven.

ROFL

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Originally posted by Terence:

CM2: Ni Shagu Nazad!

CM2: Eb Tvoyu Mat' Ty Sranniy Nemetski Razpizdyie.

CM2: Mui Goroda Razbombili Nakhui, Blyad'

Originally posted by russellmz:

is that about someone's mother?(mat')

Russel: oh, yes! And then some! After a few shots of Stoli, let me take a crack at translating Mr. Terence's lingustics...

"Ni Shagu Nazad!"

This would be "Not one step back!" Wasn't this the command that was given to the Soviet troops at Stalingrad? (grog-help, please)

"Eb Tvoyu Mat' Ty Sranniy Nemetski Razpizdyie!"

I think he means "Yobe tvai-YAH mat'-- ti SRAN-nee nyeh-MET-skii raz-PEEZ-dyee!"

The first part is the famous "go F your mother. The second part... I don't know what "SRAN-nee" means, but it's an adjective. "TI" is "you". "NYEM-tsi" is "German". The last word is interesting. The root is PEEZ-dah, which is slang for the female reproductive organs. The closest English equivalent would be C. But what's interesting is that it has the prefix "RAZ", which suggests "out of control", or "all over the place". For instance, "OOM" is "mind/brain", and "raz-OOM-nee" would be "crazy/insane". So I get the feeling that the word "raz-PEEZ-dyee" conveys the idea of "out-of-control C" or "loose/wanton C".

<Whew!> Therefore, T's second statement would translate to "Go F your mother, you ??? German C!"

T's last phrase was "Mwee Goro-DAH raz-bom-BEE-lee na-KHOO-wee, Blyad!'

Crap. I wish I stuidied more...

Uhm... the verb is BOM-bat', which I <cautiously> think means "to bomb". Again you see the "raz" prefix, suggesting "chaotic/out-of-control", so raz-bom-bat' would mean a massive, terrifying bombing. "na-KHOO-wee" (KH--like you're clearing your throat, or saying the German "ach") is the most famous naughty Russian "three-letter word". Similar to English "F", but it still retains most of it's potency and shock value. When I was in Moscow in 1987, you could still get arrested for saying "ee-DEE na-KHOO-wee!", meaning "F off!" KHOO-wee literally translates to cock/prick, but also is used for sh*t,F, etc. It is the king of naughty words, and can be combined with prefixes and suffixes to allow for very detailed and elegant swearing. With this in mind, I believe T's last phrase would loosely translate to "We bombed the **** out of your town, you whore!"

Ain't Russian great?

-Joshik

Originally posted by Joshik:

Russel: oh, yes! And then some! After a few shots of Stoli, let me take a crack at translating Mr. Terence's lingustics...

"Ni Shagu Nazad!"

This would be "Not one step back!" Wasn't this the command that was given to the Soviet troops at Stalingrad? (grog-help, please)

"Eb Tvoyu Mat' Ty Sranniy Nemetski Razpizdyie!"

I think he means "Yobe tvai-YAH mat'-- ti SRAN-nee nyeh-MET-skii raz-PEEZ-dyee!"

The first part is the famous "go F your mother. The second part... I don't know what "SRAN-nee" means, but it's an adjective. "TI" is "you". "NYEM-tsi" is "German". The last word is interesting. The root is PEEZ-dah, which is slang for the female reproductive organs. The closest English equivalent would be C. But what's interesting is that it has the prefix "RAZ", which suggests "out of control", or "all over the place". For instance, "OOM" is "mind/brain", and "raz-OOM-nee" would be "crazy/insane". So I get the feeling that the word "raz-PEEZ-dyee" conveys the idea of "out-of-control C" or "loose/wanton C".

<Whew!> Therefore, T's second statement would translate to "Go F your mother, you ??? German C!"

T's last phrase was "Mwee Goro-DAH raz-bom-BEE-lee na-KHOO-wee, Blyad!'

Crap. I wish I stuidied more...

Uhm... the verb is BOM-bat', which I <cautiously> think means "to bomb". Again you see the "raz" prefix, suggesting "chaotic/out-of-control", so raz-bom-bat' would mean a massive, terrifying bombing. "na-KHOO-wee" (KH--like you're clearing your throat, or saying the German "ach") is the most famous naughty Russian "three-letter word". Similar to English "F", but it still retains most of it's potency and shock value. When I was in Moscow in 1987, you could still get arrested for saying "ee-DEE na-KHOO-wee!", meaning "F off!" KHOO-wee literally translates to cock/prick, but also is used for sh*t,F, etc. It is the king of naughty words, and can be combined with prefixes and suffixes to allow for very detailed and elegant swearing. With this in mind, I believe T's last phrase would loosely translate to "We bombed the **** out of your town, you whore!"

Ain't Russian great?

-Joshik

Bah. Amateurs rolleyes.gif

1) This was translated correctly

2) Now we get to the fun part biggrin.gif

First off, "Eb tvoyu mat'" translates not to "go f* your mother" but simply "f*your mother. "Eb" meaning "f*" while "tvoyu mat'" meaning "your mother".

Russian - "...Ty Sranniy Nemetski Razpizdyie!"

English - "You ****ty nemetski* f@ck around"

* = Nemetski is is a word that comes from the word "nemets" which translates to "not of this place" or simply stranger. Germans, strangers to Russia, were thus Nemetski.

Razpizdui is a very difficult word to translate. Some Russian words are like this, combining many different words into a combinaion which really makes sence only in Russian! smile.gif

3) "Mwee Goro-DAH raz-bom-BEE-lee na-KHOO-wee, Blyad!"

"My city got bombed to dick*, ****!"

Notice that the direct translation doesnt make much sence in English, but it sounds good in Russian (unless youre speaking to your mother and she understands the language wink.gif )

"Na-Hui" means "on a dick", with "Na" being "on" and "Hui" being "dick".

"Bladi" generally is understood as meaning "f@ck", although this cannot be used in the sexual way like you can use "f@ck" in English. "Bladi" is purely for cursing purposes smile.gif

Cheers!

The Commissar, supreme scholar of foul language.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Oh, and by the way, this link someone already mentioned:

providedhttp://www.notam.uio.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Russian.html

It has a lot of false information. Words are not understood and translated properly, like when they say "bl'adi" means "bitch" and "ebalo" means face.

"Bl'adi" means "f@ck" and "ebalo" is the dirty word for vagina. "ebalnik" is the dirty word for a penis. In Russian, the ending of the words makes all the difference. The "nik" at the end of the later that it is the thing performing the action (in this case f@ing) and "no" at the end of the former signigies that the action is being performed on it (or in this case in it).

Oh, and BTW, Im sorry if I forgot to censor some words here. Sorry If I offended anyone, just trying to be helpful biggrin.gif

Please dont ban me!!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

[This message has been edited by The Commissar (edited 03-26-2001).]

CM2: Woot!

CM2: Do Soviets Taste Gamey?

CM2: Sniper's Paradise

CM2: Proof That Hitler's an Idiot

CM2: The Battle of Hoth

CM2: Why Do Flamethrowers Burn Snow?

CM2: Can I Please Shoot My Own Troops Now?

And finally:

CM2: Now We Have Bigger and Badder Uber-Tanks to Gripe About!

------------------

Woot! - Maximus2k

Stick around while the clown who is sick does the trick of disaster.

You are quite correct, but sniper is an easier term to use than 'Semi-regular soldier hiding out and shooting enemies unawares.' - wwb_99

The New CessPool

I AM CRODA, ENEMY OF THE SCIENTIFIC PROCESS, EVOLUTIONARY PROCESS AND REPRODUCTIVE PROCESS. PETERNZ OWNS MY SIG FILE AND MY MEAGRE SOUL: ANY REASONABLE OFFER ACCEPTED

Guest Mirage2k

CM2: Is that a Molotov Cocktail down your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

-Andrew

------------------

"No, it's not that kind of relationship. We're just friends. We are together all the time, but I never touch her porcelain skin, her soft, red lips, like rose petals from the emperor's bathwater! Bathwater, I tell you, bathwateeeeeeer!"