After cm4 then what - a few ideas.

Lets face it CM is the best wargame most of us have every played ever - it beats all computer games,board,miniture and counter wargames I ever played and I have played most of them all.

So after CM4 then what?

Well here is a few ideas:

1) Mulitplayer CM - multiplayers on one battlefield, as been discussed before.

2) Operational level game that compliments

CM - that mulitplayer can play in. So we all fighting these small tactical battles that get pluggged into the full operational game.

A Real War!

3)We have seen the attack of the hampters

how about MOD where we can scan in our actually faces and see yourselfs driving those tanks - that be cool in Mutiplayer.

Be really cool in 1st person shooters also

have your actual face on guy.

4)Lets face it again a war game with a birds eyes view just don't cut it anymore my close combat series are dead. Lets see a new genre

someday, the terrian system is figured out already and the engine. Do the same idea say on The Civil War and you have another instant

GOLD MINE! Napoleanics,Romans,British Colonials.

I believe that CM team has basically discovered the perfect game system and that

after ww2 I think A horse,cannon and musket

version - where you actually see the soldiers

fall down when take hits - would be the next step. The CM empire could eventually be bigger then hmmm trump,bill gates hehe.

Sid's Gettysburg game was cool when it came out - but I just bought waterloo and after playing CM - all others wargames stink. The only other genre that still is neat is 1st person shooters like rogue spear and flashpoint and ww2 online.

I just love this game system so much I really like to see it eventually expand to other historical wars. If it didn't it be a real shame.

Science fiction. Alernate reality, but WWII anyway. Hey, Red Alert did it. Use red and blue tanks and soldiers. Allow the player to enter his name, i.e., 'General Deanco'. Use a GREATLY reduced unit set, and reduced calculations for armor penetration. Bigger animation set for the soldiers, showing visually the morale states by animation. And of course, MUCH better graphics. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif Keep everything else, AI, WEGO, etc the same, and call it "Condition Red" or something flashy, you know.

Hey, the fellow posted, I replied.

I like your idea blue.

CM is a great engine and is only going to get better.

It would be great to see different war's portrayed. I would love to see a hypothitical Warsaw Pact Invasion thru the Fulda Gup against NATO.

I know i'm dreaming and to do this would require massive extensions to the game engine to cater for modern weapon systems, also ranges would be alot larger in a modern battle. No more slugging it out from 500 meters.

Anyway thats my dream, Bill Gates would proberly bring out a decent operating system before BTS ever bought out such a game smile.gif

Lets not forget the Arab-Isreali wars, I would like to refight portions of storming of the Golan heights, "Chinese Farm" and many others. The 56, 67 and 73 wars offer some solid action

I could also see a game for Freeworld vs Communist world from 1950-1985, with the various equipment types.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bluemx:

Lets face it CM is the best wargame most of us have every played ever - it beats all computer games,board,miniture and counter wargames I ever played and I have played most of them all.

So after CM4 then what?

Well here is a few ideas.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Bluemx, you're welcome to put your ideas in the summarised post @ http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=018670 .

Sincerely

Charl Theron

Napoleonics, Napoleonics, Napoleonics. There's an untapped market out there of frustrated 1796-1815 players who are weeping and gnashing their teeth for want of something decent to sink them into.

Yes, yes I know, but there's no harm in dreaming...

:(

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> I'd like to see a platoon scaled version. That way we could mess around with indivdual soldiers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Splinty, CM is alredy at squad level...Smaller than Platton level. 3 squads + 1 Platoon HQ = 1 Platoon.

I'd like to see caveman warfare. Neanderthals vs Cro-Mags...All Flintstones style. (Picture armor plated brontosaurs slinging rocks. lol)

Gyrene

Imperial Eagles !!! Vive l'empereur !!! Long life the heroes of Austerlitz !!!

BTW, I'd really love to see Napoleonic warfare. There was a topic on it a couple of months ago -Imperial Eagles: Napoleonic CM or something like this; DO A SEARCH!!! :D - and there was major cheering and hurrah just thinking how a Cuirasser charge would look like in CM style. Or some hardcore partisan actions in Spain... or the Scott Greys at Waterloo.... Or the carnage at Aspern-Essling and Borodino... the big redoubt... La Haye Sainte...

Woow... BTS, think about it in a few years time... or let somebody do this !!!

:D :cool: :D

Myself, I'd love to see a "soldier" level game. Get a platoon of individual soldiers and learn some squad tactics. 3D is much more important to tactics at this level than an operational one, IMO.

Martin

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gyrene:

Splinty, CM is alredy at squad level...Smaller than Platton level. 3 squads + 1 Platoon HQ = 1 Platoon.

Gyrene<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I misspoke, what I meant is to have a CM like game at the individual soldier level. No not an FPS,a smaller scale CM that portrays the actions of a platoon sized unit.

[ 04-30-2001: Message edited by: Splinty ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupert_2:

You don't have to wait long for a British Colonial war game Abbott, Twilyt are bringing out a 3D ZULU wargame out in November and a Boerwar wargame out in April 2002.

Checkout the game and screen shots...

http://twilyt.com/zuluwar/

& http://twilyt.com/abwar/

:cool:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, just found your post, thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ricochet:

A long time ago I think it was Steve who said he was leaning towards using the CM engine in a modern war role.

I don’t know how much fun it would be in a one shot one kill situation though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean like the average CM Allied tank vs. any German tank armed with an 88mm?

smile.gif

MrSpkr

Someone mentioned Napoleonics?

Instead of tanks, imagine a giant 3-D man-o-war in full sail with three tiers of guns, off the coast of Spain! keyboard commands to adjust sails and maneuver for a broadside. And of course there's possibilities for boarding parties to fight hand-to-hand. And think of the delicious mod possibilities! I want dibs on Admiral Nelson's boat!