Mod preview: Jagdpanzer IV

After some hours in front of my PC, I'd like to give you a small preview of my next mod:

Jagdpanzer IV series (ambush camo scheme)

jp4prev.jpg

Based on the great PzIV series from Fernando Carrera. However, it is in an early stage and far from being complete.

Marcus

I really really like it! Commendable! Splendid! I am very inclined to use it.

PDF,

the two steel (non-rubber-rimmed) roadwheel pairs to the front is probably a tribute to the nose-heavy design, especially of the JPz IV/70. The pressure/strain on the front roadwheels was excessive, rubber wheels would have worn off faster than you can spell Abnutzungserscheinung, and the vehicle generally maneuvered very poorly (hence the nickname "Guderian's duck").

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

There's two front wheel pairs that lost their rubber ? :eek:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, nice explanation !

No seriously, some Jagdpanzer had one or more steel wheels at the front, due to their "front-heavy" construction.

Just have a look at this picture:

jgpz431.jpg

(shown at www.armourinfocus.co.uk)

redwolf,

the buildings are from Magua's rural building set; don't know where I got the pavement

Marcus

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: mike8g ]

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

rubber wheels would have worn off faster than you can spell Abnutzungserscheinung, and the vehicle generally maneuvered very poorly (hence the nickname "Guderian's duck").<hr></blockquote>

Ok, I may have been misinformed, but I was under the impression that "Guderian's duck" refered to the Hetzer.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vanir Ausf B:

Ok, I may have been misinformed, but I was under the impression that "Guderian's duck" refered to the Hetzer.<hr></blockquote>

Nope, the JgPz IV.

Even though all my books only show the two front steel-rimmed wheels for the L/70 models, I like having it on there. Obviously can't have it both ways.

One more gorgeous ambush mod. Hurry up and post that beast!

WOW :eek: that is one hell of a JgdpzIV mod! Is there any chance that you might apply your talents to a Tiger IVE? That is one of the panzers in dire need of a subdued Hi-res mod.....maybe... :rolleyes: okay, back to my kennel! Thankyou for creating this much needed mod :D

Jake

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: JAK ]</p>

...a brief tale relating to another mike8g project:

...once upon a time (7.07.01), mike8g said...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>HiRes version, based on the original BTS textures. Parts of Fernando's great halftrack set used with permission. An add-on will be available shortly, with gun-shields in matching camo scheme.<hr></blockquote>

...on 7.22.01, peter panzer inquired...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> ...is there still a plan to release a repaint of the 37mm gun shield for mike8g's handsome, if rather incomplete, flak vehicle mod? (i believe there is mention of such a possible update on the combat missions site)<hr></blockquote>

...shortly thereafter (7.22.01), mike8g answered...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>I'm at holiday at the moment, away from my computer only armed with a laptop. I'm pretty sure you won't want me to do a gunshield with a system that only has a 4 MB video card.<hr></blockquote>

...many moons pass...

...peter panzer attempts a long-shot(10.22.01)...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>...37mm gun shield.<hr></blockquote>

...not certain if you are a master of suspense, on one hell of an extended vacation or just plain don't give a ****.

@PETER PANZER

Just for your information,

I do not have a contract with you or anybody else to deliver CM mods in any form of time schedule.

I do this deliberately and for my own pleasure and others who like it.

I do, however, take myself the right to change my plans or workschedule when I feel it is necessary.

Due to other projects, like M18, M24, M26, Wirbelwind, Ostwind, M10, M36,Wolverine and Achilles the gun shield was again postponed.

Instead of whining, perhaps you should use your time and efforts to create a gun shield on your own, errrr -stop- that gives me an idea:

Offical anouncement (not to be taken too seriously, except for one person, hehe)

Because of (fill in excuse #1) and due to (excuse #2), especially (excuse #3) the project "37mm gun shield" is hereby stopped and will not be continued by mike8g.

But I'm happy to present you a solution:

Another guy has stepped forward and will be very happy to continue the project under his name, so he can prove his talents to the community.

Please be so kind and give PETER PANZER all possible support to finish the project.

@JAK

Don't worry, you will get your copy from me, I'll send it via email (around next weekend).

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...