GC Online CM2 Preview

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Another interface change is the addition of hierarchical military structures, the ability to mark a unit as "1st Squad, 1st Platoon, E Company, 3rd Battalion," rather than make do with a generic label.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How could Robert Meyer mess this up? I'm sure he knows that E company was in the 2nd battalion. :D

I know what I want for Xmas.

Maybe we could make this simple: BTS, I'll give you my credit card number, and you just ship me every Combat Mission game that becomes available. Sort of a permenant pre-order thing. I've enlisted for the duration.

I'll need about three weeks notice though, so I can adequately prepare my wife for becoming a Combat Mission widow again.

Soldiers,

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> It is, as company founder and Combat Mission co-designer Steve Grammont (the other half of Battlefront's command crew is programmer and designer Charles Moylan) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They did not mention the great Bald one, nor Crazy! The fewls!

As soon as Intel makes DDR compatible PIVs, BTS and Dell are going to announce a co-branded CM/Dell computer system. You'll be able to order a 2 Ghz PIV with a GeForce3 and CMB2B preloaded for $1,599. This is a rumor with no factual basis whatsoever, so feel free to spread it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

As soon as Intel makes DDR compatible PIVs, BTS and Dell are going to announce a co-branded CM/Dell computer system. You'll be able to order a 2 Ghz PIV with a GeForce3 and CMB2B preloaded for $1,599. This is a rumor with no factual basis whatsoever, so feel free to spread it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good. Talk about it at CMHQ chat then it will really travil. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>CGO Article:

Whichever way they go, it's likely that wargamers will follow. A year after its release, Combat Mission still engages the interest of gamers, modders, fellow travelers, and sycophants, and the Battlefront message boards remain a hotbed of activity. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok... I'm a sycophant.

You?

"the new interface will also feature a graphic display of armor strength for vehicles in the form of a silhouette with color-coded armor bars. "

I like this.

I am wondering, would it be possible to have an LOS type line you could draw from a tank, and as you move this line, it changes color intensity based on the increase/decrease of armor strength relative between the line perindicular to the armor facing at that point?

For example, this "Armor Facing Strength Line" would be a subtle shade if it perpindicular to the front of the tank, while it would intensify in strenght indication at 15 Degrees off the hull front.

This line would have to take in 3D aspect of it all, of course.

Essentially, as you draw this LOS like line around the tank, the color indicates the strength of the armor perpindicular to this line in space. A numerical indicator would be nice too.

Thus, lets say 20mm is red, and 40 mm is yellow, as we flirt between 20mm and 40 mm, the shade of orange changes.

And, what of an exposure indicator line? The Side is color coded, as is the front and rear, and as you spin the line around the tank, its color changes as the changing aspects "mix" the colors?

Then we can really nuzzle our babies down.

[ 07-09-2001: Message edited by: Wilhammer ]