FREE BEER for Washington area CM players...

Washington area CM players are cordially invited to join us next Friday evening for our first get together. The main purpose of this Gathering of CM Eagles is to drink beer, share fake war stories, and see if real people actually do read this forum. I will also bring pictures from my two weeks vacation in August spent scouting the Ardennes. Marlow threatens to bring his family movies.

For many of us, this gathering will be a rare opportunity to openly discuss and enjoy our hobby among similar folks, without having to explain why we are still playing war games as adults, or needing to deny that we are starting a neo-Nazi movement to the PC crowd.

Where? -- Grevey's sports bar in the Yorktowne Center shopping center. Located right off the Beltway at the corner of Rt. 50 and Gallows Road in Virginia. Yorktowne Center is about one half mile from the Dunn Loring Metro station on the Orange Line.

When? -- 6:30 pm on Friday, September 14. We should be there for a couple of hours, at least.

What to Look For? -- If the weather is good, we hope to meet in the outside bar facing the parking area. Otherwise, go inside. I will be wearing my khaki ballcap that says "Gen. Jake" on the front. I have white hair (premature, of course) and look kinda like George Clooney will look when his body has been thoroughly dissipated from 30 years of dissolute living.

How to get Free Beer? -- To get things going, I will buy one beer for any CM player who walks up to me and says, "Jake, you are the best CM player I have ever met!" Additional flattery may yield additional beers, but I only promise one. It's the least I can do to win the praise I deserve, but don't get in the Cesspool.

So come on out next Friday! We look forward to meeting each other. If we all aren't total geeks, maybe we can do it more often. If you plan to come, please say something here or drop me an email at jake3315@yahoo.com

See you soon,

Jake

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Lawyer ]

For those of us who can't make it (that being about 3000 miles out of the way on my homeward commute), note that 8-digit grid coordinates can be established from these directions. Finally, a use for all those unused TRPs I accumulated in our last game.

Pity it's not one of those beercam places. Why not have someone technically adept (your daughter?) set up a laptop and one of those cheapie cameras?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

Why not have someone technically adept (your daughter?) set up a laptop and one of those cheapie cameras?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a guy born and raised in Fresno, you finally came up with an intelligent idea. Good show! Now we can all come crash the event. (I'll bring some specially filtered Swedish brew)

For those of us who would like to be there, but alas cannot, we will ceremoniously raise a stein of homebrew Russian Imperial stout in the relative direction of this historic get-together.

Lawyer, definitely let us know how it turns out. This actually sounds like a great idea that others might latch onto and attempt to duplicate.

OK, troops, out of simple curiosity...how many CM players in the general region of So. California? Anyone in the area interested in a similar CMUG-type get-together?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

For a guy born and raised in Fresno...CHOP<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the most perfectly insulting thing ever said to or about me. Even a Braille reader of the BBS would know that I am from Michigan. I have been a political prisoner in Fresburg for almost 8 years now, and my long servitude is almost at an end. The only sensory perception that could be better than the sight of Fresno growing smaller in my rearview mirror would be the soft thump of your slanderous cadaver under my tires at the same time.

Thank you for your support.

...I have been a political prisoner in Fresburg for almost 8 years now, and my long servitude is almost at an end. The only sensory perception that could be better than the sight of Fresno growing smaller in my rearview mirror would be the soft thump of your slanderous cadaver under my tires at the same time.

Thank you for your support.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, you know, Fresno ain't soooo bad....

I mean, it's got.... ummmm, well, there's the.... ummmmm, oh, yeah, what about the....

Right, make sure you give it the rigid digit as you flee as fast as possible up 99.

(From someone who used to live there.... Hey, at least it ain't Madera, or -shudder- Modesto...!)

Regards,

MSP

This is the most perfectly insulting thing ever said to or about me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good, now I know what to put on your Christmas card.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Even a Braille reader of the BBS would know that I am from Michigan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fresno, Michigan, what's the difference?

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

For a guy born and raised in Fresno, you finally came up with an intelligent idea. Good show! Now we can all come crash the event. (I'll bring some specially filtered Swedish brew)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hay... you got somethin against those of us born and raised in Fresblow?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

For those that do come from afar, can we stop by Dubya's house and give him a "what for"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Dubya posts on the forum here as "Marlow", so you can expect to see him. That is, if he hasn't gone back to Texas for another month of vacation.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PVLLVS MAXIMVS:

Hay... you got somethin against those of us born and raised in Fresblow?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only those of you who, like Mark IV, are directly descended from the twelvefingered and webtoed original founders of the place.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Admiral Keth:

...how many CM players in the general region of So. California? Anyone in the area interested in a similar CMUG-type get-together?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gimme a couple months, and you're on. Foobar lurks in those parts; there are others.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Blurted by MrSpkr: Fresno, Michigan, what's the difference? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 30.

30 years, 30 degrees, 30 IQ points, etc., unless we count Detroit.

Enough Fresno-bashing (how 'bout those 'Dogs? Die, Wisconsin), there's a Lawyer in this thread. Always take the juiciest target of opportunity, or the greatest threat target first.

I would love to make th gig but it is a 2 1/2 hour trip and I don't think I can.

But I will vouch for Lawyer. When me wife and I were in DC in May we met up with him an James Bailey at a neat joint in DC and the bastard would take no money from us. There was probably only 65% of the conversation focusing on CM ...mostly so we wouldn't bore my lovely wife who was with child at the time but still a trooper.So he is a man of honor when it comes to offering to buy beer. AND he is actually a coolguy to hang out with. I am afraid that he is planning this prematurely as a celebration of what he thinks will finally be a victory over me in our current game.

And Mark4 there is no beer cam in Washington because it is not a real city and seems have have very few "bar" bars.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

Mark4 there is no beer cam in Washington because it is not a real city and seems have have very few "bar" bars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The laptop thing would work...

Incidentally, the last 3 times you have shamelessly begged beers at O'Neals, I have shown up (somewhat late, but within the referenced parameters) and YOU weren't there. Damn lightweight. Also, their camera was so dark that it might have been a Sunoco station, for all we could see.

So, just for you... 03, 04, 05, 06...

:D

Back to square one...

This is a serious invite to all WASHINGTON area CM players to join us for beers next Friday night. I'm hoping they will respond.

We don't need gratuitous comments from the riff raff in Fresno, Sweden, Texas, or the Cesspool hanging around. To you gents, SHAG OFF and leave this thread to its intended purpose. I don't need your help.

Capiche??

Thank you for your cooperation. We now return to the original purpose of this thread. The Cesspool remains open for extraneous comments.

Jake

[ 09-08-2001: Message edited by: Lawyer ]

Yes indeed Foobar lurks in the Southern Califoriest location of them all, San Diego (America's Finest City).

There has been talk in the past about a CM-CON happening, and I think its a shame that it hasnt happened yet. Sure, not everyone could get to a single location, but there could be a West Coast CM-con, and and East Coast CM-con, and if the euro trash whines enough they could even hold one over there.

In fact, Madmatt, if you are listening, I volunteer my services in this endeavour.

THIS could turn BTS into the Saturn of Software companies. All I need is a very catre-blanche expense account, and I will get on this right away. YOU have dropped the ball, as I mentioned it in passing, in a MG effectiveness thread (pg 18) in passing 6 months ago. Still no progress? Well its time that Foobar got on the payroll and got something accomplished.

Please email the BTS Visa Card #, and I will begin the planning immediately. I'm thinking that a full bar plus hors-douvres will be necessary. Do you want buffalo wings or Potato skins served?