FREE BEER for Washington area CM players...

Jake,

I live less than two miles from the proposed meeting place, Grevey's Sports Bar. I feel that it is my honor-bound duty to accept your offer of general CM chatter (and of course a free beer).

I'll be the tall guy with dark circles under his eyes from late-night PBEMing.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Jess

I'm in Texas and would love to come - really but wasn't invited but afraid couldn't come if I had been but sounds like fun! You guys enjoy and don't talk bad about others from this forum. :D We could have something like this in Texas but ofcourse Texas is so so big that it would take weeks to get to a central location so that's out. :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CMplayer:

And I thought my mom interfered in my life...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But unlike a signifigant other your mom can't make your sex life miserable. No, wait, you might be from Alabama so I shouldn't presume to speak for you. WHAT!?! Ohh... sorry I thought this was the 'Pool for a minute. All this talk about DC got me confused. Isn't the 'Pool located in a trans-dimensional warp under DC and eagerly feeding off the pain, suffering, greed, sex, lies and videotape that DC is overflowing with? smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

Washington area CM players are cordially invited to join us next Friday evening for our first get together...we are starting a neo-Nazi movement...I will buy

See you soon,

Jake

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lawyer, you contemptible slug, you could have had the courtesy to arrange this meeting somewhere in the District, like the Brickskeller, Irish Times, Lucky Bar, or even Capitol Lounge ("Where the Nation drinks"--10 cent wings every Wed). I just may show up, since having you buy me a drink might be almost as painful for you as having to accept a free drink from you will be for me. I'd better go now, I feel like I'm channeling mensch.

Agua Perdido

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hanns:

Isn't the 'Pool located in a trans-dimensional warp under DC?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't you go over to the Peng Challenge Thread and ask that question. I'm sure they can give you a much more helpful answer than I can.

Guest Panzer Boxb

Whilst I for one would enjoy the company,

the location goes against the laws of physics.

I'll keep lurking, and if by chance metro

is in my future on said date the honorable

Hartwood HillBillies of VA, that fine commonwealth shall be present.

I honestly don't know how people can deal with the beltway, any area these daze......

-Mike Z. :rolleyes:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

Well, I think I could make it. Even though the places will require me to violate my normal rule of never going outside the Beltway except by plane.

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WWB,

You wouldn't have to violate your rule by very much - Grevey's is about 6 feet outside the Beltway. Hopefully we can sit outside and catch the fragance of an overturned and burning gasoline tanker on the inner loop.

Jess

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

Where? -- Grevey's sports bar in the Yorktowne Center shopping center. Located right off the Beltway at the corner of Rt. 50 and Gallows Road in Virginia. Yorktowne Center is about one half mile from the Dunn Loring Metro station on the Orange Line.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unless something comes up I should be able to stop by at least for a little while -- I work just a few miles west of there. Nice to let the traffic die down before I make that long, hard drive back across the Potomac.

If I'm heading east on 50 towards DC, I want to go left on Gallows (taking the overpass), right?

If you can bump this thread on Friday, that'd probably dramatically increase the odds I'll see it and remember to come.

L Tankersley

You are correct. Coming down Rt. 50 heading toward Washington, you would go up the ramp on the overpass and turn left. Yorktowne Plaza and Grevey's are staring you in the face as soon as you turn.

JessRobinson

If we are indeed fortunate enough to sit outside at Grevey's, the outdoor bar is right on the parking lot so we can gaze at cars and trucks galore. Any spill or wreck on the Beltway is just icing on the cake. Hey, I'm a sensitive guy who thinks about the nice touches like that.

Moriarty

You think I'm dumb enough to take on all the hard drinkers in Chicago?? Actually, I am. I have a business convention in Chicago early in December, so maybe we can pull a joint get-together downtown then.

Agua Perdido

We planned to hold the beerfest downtown, but decided against it in order to irritate you. Who luvs ya, baby?