Some shots from CM2!!!!

Guest Rommel22

Guest Big Time Software

Boy, you are going to get TRASHED for this tease smile.gif

Can anybody tell us what little detail our fine hoaxer left out that shows this picture to be a fraud? HINT: at one time we said it couldn't be done, but Charles out smarted himself smile.gif

Steve

Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Boy, you are going to get TRASHED for this tease :)

Can anybody tell us what little detail our fine hoaxer left out that shows this picture to be a fraud? HINT: at one time we said it couldn't be done, but Charles out smarted himself :)

Steve

"keyboard"

Kitty

------------------

Hamsters at War!

Chicks With Tanks

Lorak's FTX

"I'd rather the Bees than your Mask of Shame." - Stuka

The True Blue Aussie Slang Source

The Unofficial Vic Bitter Website

Guest Big Time Software

Matt wins the prize smile.gif You would have been disqualified, but since you were not an employee back when said feature was introduced (heck, you hadn't even made your first post yet probably!) you are allowed to play the game smile.gif Your prize is a paycheck this month biggrin.gif

Ryan, don't make me tell Matt to send you an inbox mail bomb wink.gif

Steve

Guest Madmatt

Well, speaking as the one person in all the world that has probably taken more screenshots of Combat Mission than anyone else it was rather obvious. biggrin.gif

Madmatt

Steve,

I'd also note that the suspension is fully rendered. The road wheels have inner and outer assemblies. I hope CM2 will have complete suspensions. Some of the heavier tanks are starting to look like hippos in tutus, what with their massive hulls atop spindly running gear.

Regards,

John Kettler

Guest Rommel22

Next time I will add the shadows there, Damn!

Oh yeah and the Flag in the interface next time. More shots from CM2 comming soon, maybe tommorow!

Guest Big Time Software

John wrote:

I hope CM2 will have complete suspensions.

Only in some strange and similar parallel universe wink.gif Technology is YEARS away from being able to handle the polygon load on the scale necessary for a game like CM. I bet doing the running gear from something like a Panther would more than double the polygons for that one vehicle. Could even tripple it. Rounded surfaces are really bad, especially when they are supposed to have depth and are in quantity. Not to mention all the coding to get the supension to work correctly.

The only game that has made attempts at supension systems, that I know of, is Panzer Elite. Personally, I like the look of our system better. And it certainly saves polygons wink.gif

Steve

Originally posted by Big Time Software:

John wrote:

Only in some strange and similar parallel universe wink.gif Technology is YEARS away from being able to handle the polygon load on the scale necessary for a game like CM. I bet doing the running gear from something like a Panther would more than double the polygons for that one vehicle. Could even tripple it. Rounded surfaces are really bad, especially when they are supposed to have depth and are in quantity. Not to mention all the coding to get the supension to work correctly.

The only game that has made attempts at supension systems, that I know of, is Panzer Elite. Personally, I like the look of our system better. And it certainly saves polygons wink.gif

Steve

Didn't Panzer Commander do suspensions? I don't know, I gave the game away in disgust.